Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 AM

190 posts, read 305,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Triplebeamdreams: Lets take your attitude and extrapolate it to the entire country for a few generations. So the end result is that no child grows up with its father and mother. All the children are raised in single parent homes. Now consider that social problems among teenagers, dropping out of school, poor test scores, criminal behavior, jail, gangs, etc are all higher among children raised in single parent homes, which we can easily conclude will be most often single mothers. What I see is a future with out of control society, kind of like Haiti. You can't have a society like this, with fewer and fewer people responsible, paying taxes, saving, inventing, etc. You end with a whole society that looks like an urban inner city, and unfortunately, that is the direction we are heading. Eventually the society will collapse. You can't have more and more people dependent on the government every year. Who will pay the bills and keep the lights on?
Like I said, if men and women want to have lots of sex, let them. They're not hurting anyone and as long as protection is used I don't see the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 07:31 AM

190 posts, read 305,285 times
Blaming "loose women" also is just ridiculous. Let people do what they want

Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
IMHO, Jet is right on. Even my 65 year old divorced neighbor says that loose women have ruined men for other women who would like to get to know men, and then get married before they jump in bed. Might sound old fashioned, but historically, its the norm, not the bed hopping marathon that goes on today.
Ohhh yeaaahhh, it's the fault of those "loose women", they just ruin the men. Poor men! They just can't help it!

No matter how bad men are, it's always the woman's fault. Never forget that!

Animals - House Of The Rising Sun - YouTube

Old 10-03-2012, 07:44 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Ohhh yeaaahhh, it's the fault of those "loose women", they just ruin the men. Poor men! They just can't help it!

No matter how bad men are, it's always the woman's fault. Never forget that!

Animals - House Of The Rising Sun - YouTube

Oh ALWAYS the woman's fault! Yet.....they're called "the weaker sex"! Hmmm ironic, isn't it?

Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
Like I said, if men and women want to have lots of sex, let them. They're not hurting anyone and as long as protection is used I don't see the problem.
That's the problem. Protection isn't used, unplanned children exist, cheating happens, sexually transmitted diseases haven't been cured.

On another forum a husband got a severe case of herpes after 4 years of marriage. He knew he was faithful, meaning one thing: the wife wasn't.

Kind of ruins things for us cautious people.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:43 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You folks must know some pretty sad kids. My son, and also the great majority of his friends (all in college right now) absolutely hope to get married and have a family. I know these kids well, all raised with good family values, and all are smart kids. I think there is a great generation out there that you guys aren't even aware of.
This has been my experience as well. My daughters have never had trouble finding boys and young men who want to be in long term relationships.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:29 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
There's not a thing wrong with your ideas OR your stance! It's ironic though....so many guys don't want a "girlfriend" who won't put out, but don't want a girl/woman who has "slept around". Ridiculous, I know!
THANK YOU!!! That is something I have never been able to figure out. I was told if I wasn't ready/willing to have sex after the first month or so that I was a tease, frigid, or the best suggestion-that I should try a Christian dating site. Ha! I'm not even Christian!! But at the same time, I've had A LOT of guy friends who do NOT speak in a respectful manner about the women they hook up with. Crazy, huh?!?

Last edited by lilred0005; 10-03-2012 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
There's not a thing wrong with your ideas OR your stance! It's ironic though....so many guys don't want a "girlfriend" who won't put out, but don't want a girl/woman who has "slept around". Ridiculous, I know!
The funny part is this way of thinking comes from the traditionalist and this way of thinking has been around way before I was born.
But you know its my generations fault.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
THANK YOU!!! That is something I have never been able to figure out. I was told if I wasn't ready/willing to have sex after the first month or so that I was a tease, frigid, or the best suggestion-that I should try a Christian dating site. Ha! I'm not even Christian!! But at the same time, I've had A LOT of guy friends who do NOT speak in a respectful manner about the women they hook up with. Crazy, huh?!?
The first month? From my experience if you don't put out by the third date they disappear. Lasting an entire month would be pretty amazing for most of the men I've come across. Of course, he'd probably be dating you and sleeping with other women on the side until you came around.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:47 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You folks must know some pretty sad kids. My son, and also the great majority of his friends (all in college right now) absolutely hope to get married and have a family. I know these kids well, all raised with good family values, and all are smart kids. I think there is a great generation out there that you guys aren't even aware of.
I agree with this. All the 20-something guys I know are bright, accomplished guys, and very marriage-minded. One married his gf a couple of years ago, she already had a child by another guy, and they're doing just fine. This is not to say that lifelong players don't exist, nor is it to say that marriage is right for everyone, as Yellow-Jacket pointed out. It's only saying that there are all kinds of men out there, and it's inaccurate to say the least to write off an entire generation as not being interested in commitment and marriage. I'm sure a simple check of the wedding announcements page of your local Sunday paper would make it clear that plenty of 20- and 30-something guys are into marriage. My nephew just got married a week ago, and he's 27. And what about the two guys who started OP's a month or two ago about how everyone they know is already married and having babies by their mid-20's? These guys were terrified that they'd missed the boat and would never find someone for an LTR.

Just introducing a little reality check to a one-sided thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships