Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,173,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
It's understandable considering how often women are regarded as commodities and discussed by guys as commodities.

It seems the issue isn't not understanding women don't owe him anything such as sex rather that it doesn't mean women are mean/arrogant for not having sex with him because his d*ck got hard.
Did you read my comments about rich people being arrogant for flaunting their wealth in front of poor people who don't have money? How can women not be arrogant if they flaunt their bodies around people who aren't getting sex? You have to admit, there are some huge similarities there.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 PM

102,094 posts, read 107,215,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oooh This is why you fail love. Maybe you are trying too hard. Maybe your timing is off. (Pouncing with the beautiful compliment in the first 10 seconds of meeting someone) You seem to want to place the blame in the wrong direction. Maybe you just don't want to put the work into changing. Maybe you can't see what needs to be changed. Is someone supposed to not be picky about who they intend to spend the rest of their life with? Let me tell you about my love. He was very inexperienced with any kind of relationships when we met. He was not "my type" and he was just Joe average. He was not someone I would have given a second look at if we passed on a street. He was one of my clients and a half hour meeting turned into a whole afternoon. The chemistry between us was intense and something I couldn't ignore. We just talked as friends would and I caught his I want to take her clothes off glances as I filled out the paper work. He never once made a pass at me nor told me I was beautiful. I however felt like I was just by that look. He went about his quiet way and when it was time for me to leave he took my hand and said something to the effect that he was certain that he wouldn't see me again so I asked him out. He was brilliant and I belonged only to him from that day and still so 27 years later. You don't have to be rich or extremely attractive to attract a mate, but the chemistry has to be there. Being nice helps a lot too.
Yes. And having good boundaries does, too, like your guy kept his thoughts to himself, and was low-key. This is a great story for the "women only go after money and looks" threads.

How sweet!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,565,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Did you read my comments about rich people being arrogant for flaunting their wealth in front of poor people who don't have money? How can women not be arrogant if they flaunt their bodies around people who aren't getting sex? You have to admit, there are some huge similarities there.
Not arrogant at all. If someone's rich they can flaunt it however they want, it doesn't give me the right to walk up and steal their car/watch etc. because I feel entitled to it.

Just like if a woman is wearing a revealing dress you don't have a right to take sex from her.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:52 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,173,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not arrogant at all. If someone's rich they can flaunt it however they want, it doesn't give me the right to walk up and steal their car/watch etc. because I feel entitled to it.

Just like if a woman is wearing a revealing dress you don't have a right to take sex from her.
I think both of these things are arrogant. If i was rich, i would not flaunt my wealth.

Of course it is not acceptable to steal from the rich person or to rape the woman.

I'm just saying it's not a very nice thing to do, whether it be flaunting your wealth or flaunting your body.

You asked me why i think women are not nice. This is why. I'm not saying that the law should change and i should be allowed to go rape whoever i want... of course not.

But i'm just saying that this is why i think women are mean. If you ladies want to ignore my argument and only see your side of the story, i guess there's only so much i can do. But if women are going to taunt me and make me want something that i cannot have, then i am going to continue to think they are mean, and continue to have bitterness and anger toward them. I'm not going to go out and rape someone or harass someone, of course not. But i'm going to continue to resent women as long as they continue to hurt me.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,565,253 times
Quote:
I think both of these things are arrogant. If i was rich, i would not flaunt my wealth.

Of course it is not acceptable to steal from the rich person or to rape the woman.

I'm just saying it's not a very nice thing to do, whether it be flaunting your wealth or flaunting your body.

You asked me why i think women are not nice. This is why. I'm not saying that the law should change and i should be allowed to go rape whoever i want... of course not.

But i'm just saying that this is why i think women are mean. If you ladies want to ignore my argument and only see your side of the story, i guess there's only so much i can do. But if women are going to taunt me and make me want something that i cannot have, then i am going to continue to think they are mean, and continue to have bitterness and anger toward them. I'm not going to go out and rape someone or harass someone, of course not. But i'm going to continue to resent women as long as they continue to hurt me.
They're not taunting you or trying to hurt you

They're dressing up because they want to look nice and they really couldn't care what you think about them. Maybe you should considering becoming Amish or something. You seem to think women should change everything about themselves to please you... sorry, I do things to please me, not random guys on the street. I'm not doing it to 'hurt' men, I'm doing it because I'm an autonomous human being who can make her own decisions independent of what strangers think.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't understand your side of the argument because I don't treat men like they're slabs of meat only around to please me visually or otherwise. If I see a good looking man in a nice suit I don't immediately think he's arrogant or mean if he denies my advances...I just think he's not interested and move on.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:58 PM

102,094 posts, read 107,215,903 times
Quote:
You mean, this is why you think SOME women are mean, the ones who wear tight clothes. But you said you don't mind the ones who don't wear tight clothes. So why not go for those women?

Women going about their day and minding their own business are not hurting you. It's your mindset that's hurting you. You're mugging yourself.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:02 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,633,452 times
Quote:

Many ladies haven't ignored your argument and have responded.

The general response being 'a woman being attractive is not taunting you'.

The only sides U see are that you seeing it as taunting and being mean when you see an attractive woman because you may not f*ck her and many seeing it as unhealthy.

Likely the women aren't aware of your existence so their intention isn't to taunt you or hurt you.

Possibly you may rape and harass a woman as you admitted to beginning to hate women and you hold resentment, bitterness, and anger towards women thinking they're mean and taunting you because you're attracted to them and they won't f*ck you.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:45 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,887,768 times
Quote:
You've got your work cut out for you there.
Honey, this aint my first rodeo.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:14 AM

13,290 posts, read 15,251,695 times
Quote:
Woah. You might think about seeing a professional about that. That's not healthy.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:46 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,424,921 times
Quote:
Just wanted to say that some of us DO actually try and do things to change our life, but it just doesn't work. I think you ladies think we just sit around doing nothing about our problems. Speaking for myself, I try and go to singles events, take classes, work out a lot, eat healthy (for the most part), take classes on the weekends to improve my career prospects. I'm sure i could be doing more, but it's not like i'm just sitting around doing nothing and then wondering why things don't go my way. And yes, i definitely complain and get negative and frustrated when i put in the effort and don't get the results.

I suggest you walk a mile in someone else's shoes before being so judgmental. Unless you have no problem being the kind of person to kick someone when they are down.
Wow, that is interesting, I never thought of men as being complaining under I came to this forum. Seriously, I have never met a man that complains a lot. It wasn't until I started coming to the relationship forum on CD that I have seen all these men complaining so much about women. It really surprised me because I had never encountered this in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.