Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 03:45 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
They don't create threads but every posts they make seems to be about how much men suck.
So what? A total of 2 women who tend to be all about how much men suck. How many men here are all about how much women suck? (Some have been banned, but there are a few left.) And how many MORE men are there who just like to put down women in general--too fat, too golddiggery, worthless past (insert arbitrary age here), etc., dedicating entire threads to this? You can't compare the numbers, they're just not there on the women's side.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
I don't see you calling her sick or mentally ill like you do to the guys.
She wants nothing to do with them. She has never expressed a desire to force men to do her will or to change anything about anybody. Is that really too complicated a point for you to grasp?

Quote:
I don't see you calling her sick or mentally ill like you do to the guys.
Braun doesn't call the guys sick or mentally ill. Only this one guy, the OP. And she's not the only one. He does exhibit mental health issues to some extent. Don't exaggerate. No one's going around painting all guys, or even some of the guys here, as mentally ill.

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
Quote:
NYanna I haven't read most of her posts so I won't comment. But the other two, you are 100% spot on. Both of their MO's is to take threads that have nothing to do with men and turn it into a male-bashing session. //www.city-data.com/forum/26487457-post13.html - This being a perfect example of how they operate. A thread that has nothing to do with gender, yet somehow "men suck" posts manage to find their way in there.

IMO, I wouldn't care if they started their own threads; to me that's their own space to put up their thoughts. At least then they're keeping it to themselves and anyone else who reads the thread. There's some people I don't even open their threads if I see their name on it. Whats annoying is certain people taking every opportunity they can to twist things to suit their agenda.

Anyone complaining about this guy is a hypocrite because they knew what they were getting into when they opened his thread.
How is that being hypocritical?

It's not engaging in the same behavior one condemns others for.

It's not professing certain ideals but failing to live up to them.

Though it's interesting how you went from 'gals are trying to derail the thread because of a single comment 10 pages back' to 'there's all these anti-male bashers' to 'you're a hypocrite if you complain about this guy'. Always interesting to see how guys silence outcries against misogyny, bitterness, and resentment of gals.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I consider my posts nothing but self reflecting and a possible warning to other women. Man hating? Nah, my best friend is a man, as are most of my friends and I adore my Father. Man distrusting? Abso-freaking-lutely. I think I've had a unique perspective into the way many men (not all, mind you) act when women aren't around. If you've been played (and many women and men have) wouldn't you want to warn others so they don't fall for the same thing you did?
Mentioning you is just them grasping at straws. It really highlights their lacking argument if anything.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Whats annoying is certain people taking every opportunity they can to twist things to suit their agenda.

Anyone complaining about this guy is a hypocrite because they knew what they were getting into when they opened his thread.
(Your bold) That kinda describes the OP. You've missed some of his more stellar threads (sarcasm).

Who's complaining? Just trying to advise the guy. He asks for advice, then rejects the good advice he gets. Holding up a mirror to him so he can see his own errors isn't "complaining".

Old 10-13-2012, 03:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Mentioning you is just them grasping at straws. It really highlights their lacking argument if anything.
I figured as much. I think it's on the same vein as being in a bar/club and a guy is flirting with a gal and you tell the gal that you KNOW he's slept around or has an STD. All of a sudden that guy starts threatening you for 'ruining his game' even though you were just trying to protect your friend. I'm just trying to protect others so they don't fall for the things I did, or that the guys I know have bragged about doing.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:53 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
(Your bold) That kinda describes the OP. You've missed some of his more stellar threads (sarcasm).

Who's complaining? Just trying to advise the guy. He asks for advice, then rejects the good advice he gets. Holding up a mirror to him so he can see his own errors isn't "complaining".
You keep missing the point. Its a separate thread. He's not taking an already existing one and hijacking it.

Is that really that hard for you to grasp?

You're basically saying, "its okay for the women to do it because the men do it more". So what? Since when do two wrongs make a right?

Old 10-13-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I figured as much. I think it's on the same vein as being in a bar/club and a guy is flirting with a gal and you tell the gal that you KNOW he's slept around or has an STD. All of a sudden that guy starts threatening you for 'ruining his game' even though you were just trying to protect your friend. I'm just trying to protect others so they don't fall for the things I did, or that the guys I know have bragged about doing.
Yea, and when I share my experiences with you and I tell you that all the men in my life are fine, intelligent, good men you do not turn around and call me the equivalent of a white knight like these numb nuts do to other men on this forum.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:55 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
Quote:
You keep missing the point. Its a separate thread. He's not taking an already existing one and hijacking it.

Is that really that hard for you to grasp?
Bit curious as to how was this thread hijacked by a single comment ten pages back that you felt necessary to comment on as thread hijacking.

Seems more like you are doing the thread hijacking by finding it necessary to comment on a sentence in a post that's 10 pages back as showing how gals are yet again making it all about them and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships