Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 05:43 PM

28 posts, read 31,277 times

Advertisements

Ok so its a bit of a sad story but i laugh at it now.

I have posted on here before about my situations but of course its a never ending saga!

to sum it up for you, Met girl in London for a few months, Me from Australia travelled to Canada as i love to travel to be with girl after 8 months apart, Living with her parents as well, didn't go to well, Lasted 1 month HAHA, Came home in an emotional wreck.

But did stop in Hawaii for a week and went skydiving ( Forgetting sarah marshal anyone?!) Ok sooooo its been nearly 3 months since i came home, The whole money issue didn't concern me i went back to work and earned what i lost from flights etc in a few weeks.

But of course it doesn't stop there, My ex was very regretful of what happened crying for days on end as i did have my fair share of tears it was a very sad time, I should of gave her the flick then and there right and moved on? Nah not me i kept talking over the 3 months because it reminded me of old times and kept me feeling good, I got quite emotional and said i could not handle it and tried to break it off a few times but never lasted longer than a week, she also tried once, i unfriended her on Facebook etc, but she contacts me via Whatsapp, i could just block her but its what we used for so long being apart but a tiny bit inside of me wants her to keep begging for me.

The tricky part is yet to come, The reason WHY we are still talking is because i am going back to Canada, Not for her of course but for myself i will be working at Whistler Blackcomb over the winter season i arrive in leave in 6 weeks time this is what i had planned from the very beginning as i couldn't just go over for her i had to have a decent reason i only went over early for the summer months and for our relationship to blossom.

Now this girl is a bit of a slag, She's hurt me quite a few times that i have sort of become immune to it.....in a way of course that it doesn't fully bother me anymore of what she is doing now that she is "single" which i have found out and she is seeing another guy, not in a relationship kinda way, in a whorish kinda way though it still hurts a bit, Ill admit i have had a fling or two since being home but it really kinda sucks and i dont feel good about it and i only did it in spite of hearing about her but she claims she's not phased by what she's doing and is going to keep doing till who knows! even when the guy is two timing her HAHA i actually laugh at it because she has very little respect for herself, she doesn't like him he's "an A$$hole" ya know stuff like that, the things most girls seem to like in most guys at a young age, not the ones that travel across the globe for you noooo of course not. I actually asked her if she wanted to be "friends with benefits" in curiosity. She said thats all she has seemed to have done in the past and wouldn't mind doing it with me, It actually made me sick, i don't want that, I'm not in to that, and yes i did say iv had a fling since being home but they are all over i cant do it no more as its not me.

Ok as i said im leaving in 6 weeks and ill be in Vancouver for 2 nights before i get a tour bus up the mountain on the 1st of december starting work on the 3rd, now she claims she misses me and loves me using all the good stuff to try and see me, she says she will be waiting at the airport for me even when i said i dont want her to be there, i have not told her my flight details as i don't want to until i know its worth the fuss which will most likely be a few days before i arrive if i chose to tell her. But she can easily find out by looking on the website a day beforehand.

What do i do? I'm actually really scared to see her as i had such strong feelings for her i don't just travel across the world for anyone and she says she cares but it doesn't look like it but of course she is single so i cant get mad as she is just living her life! She wants to take me out to dinner and take me home for ya know old memories. But i think she's just doing it because she know she can win by using her sex appeal, and it really annoys me i really don't want to give her the satisfaction. But what then? I have no intentions of getting back with her, i will be partying my ass off in whistler no doubt about that!

Do i even bother with her, If she is waiting at the airport for me even when i say NO, i might just get dragged back in to her evil web. It's taken me a while to get over her and become a bit stronger, i do not worship the ground that she walks like i did months ago. Going to Whistler for 5 months is my cure to getting over her as i will be meeting and living with heaps of new girls and i absolutely cant wait!

So any advice? Do i really degrade myself to let her win for 2 nights and maybe a few catch ups over the season? Knowing that when i eventually leave Canada i will never see her again and it might break my heart again, but then if i don't see her i might regret it as we had such good memories? Or do i just give her the big Hand in the face don't argue and keep walking head held high??!! Sorry for the rant its been on my mind for a few weeks now and D-Day is getting closer.

P.s if you're heading up to Whistler this season ill be in the Tube Park come say hi! I don't bite. Im Aussie

Cheers guys for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 07:04 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB1989 View Post
but then if i don't see her i might regret it as we had such good memories?
What's that old City Data rule about "the longer the post ..."

Move on.

You have memories. You only have this obsession because you know this "deadline" is coming up, so your anticipation is peaking.

Re-read your whole post when you wake up in the morning. No, wait, just read these parts I highlighted below. These are your words:

*didn't go to well, Lasted 1 month HAHA, Came home in an emotional wreck.
*earned what i lost from flights
*crying for days on end as i did have my fair share of tears it was a very sad time
*I got quite emotional and said i could not handle it
*She's hurt me quite a few times that i have sort of become immune to it
*seeing another guy, not in a relationship kinda way, in a whorish kinda way
*i dont feel good about it
*she has very little respect for herself,
*It actually made me sick, i don't want that, I'm not in to that,
*i cant do it no more as its not me.
*i said i dont want her to be there,
*I'm actually really scared to see her
*she says she cares but it doesn't look like it
*she know she can win by using her sex appeal, and it really annoys me i really don't want to give her the satisfaction.
*i might just get dragged back in to her evil web.
*degrade myself to let her win
*it might break my heart again

Then see if you still want to mess with all this kryptonite.

Move on. She can't really drag you back in. You have a choice; you just don't want to make it.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:14 PM

Thanks for the reply it does give me a kick up the bum to get on with life, and yes you made it very clear by quoting me. Thanks. =)

Old 10-13-2012, 07:24 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
It's not easy. I have been this way myself, many times.

It's TORTURE! You know in your head that you should stop, but your heart throws in all these "what-ifs" to confuse you.

You should be glad for the chance to meet new, fun people, hopefully some who won't use you the way she has.

Let her know in no uncertain terms that you do not want her at the airport. Block her from contacting you.

Take positive steps to get past this ugly chapter, and just keep your memories for when you're old.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:38 PM

Yeah i took my first step just then by blocking her from my phone which is the devil might i add, i really hate how we can get in contact so easy these days even when half way around the world from each other. The next month will be tough not going to lie but i think i can manage. I really hope she isn't a ***** and comes to the airport when i have told her no, i really don't know what I'm going to do if she does.... =S

Thanks though its a big help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships