Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 04:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Ya know. I was literally about to make a post that had some of my qualities

Then I got a special rep comment with no name attached to it, regarding my decision to not do it.

Dear annonymous repper: Go jump fof a cliff. ""
Just do one. Ignore that jerk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 05:01 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Wow, some of this is a "given" for the "regulars" on here, but still fairly revealing to my "buddies" I don't even know. In no particular order:

1. Ethnocentric
2. Independent, too much so - can happily sit in a coffeehouse reading or writing while drinking a good cup of tea
3. I live to travel, and currently don't own an Australian Shepherd/Border Collie I would like to be fair to the animal
4. Score about equal on math and verbal tests, which made/makes school/work easier
5. Like foreign languages, since English is not my first language
6. Have a full head of hair, still dark when it falls into my lap as I'm getting a haircut
7. Sense of humor goes from sarcastic to crass - like Eddie Murphy, Andrew Dice Clay and Lisa Lampanelli
8. Into trivia and useless information - my Trivial Pursuit team usually wins; Dad used to say "if you'd only channel your brains into one thing"
9. Have gotten lazier - about going to the gym, stopped skiing, need to lose 10 or so
10. Sharks, alligators, and mountain lions scare the crap out of me ... in that order
11. Collect foreign friends, my friends in college used to rib me that I knew all the foreign students
12. Don't like being tied down, and I'm not talking about rope or anything kinky
13. Don't trust a politician further than I can throw one
14. Don't feel great about it, but a lapsed Catholic - not too motivated these days
15. Have always driven an American car, with the last car I'd drive being a Subaru
16. From the West (born practically adjacent to the Pacific Ocean), but everybody thinks I belong in the Northeast
17. Kids like me, but I don't like them, though I don't let on, and I breathe a sigh of relief when I leave a friend's house where there are kids
18. Beaches instead of mountains
19. Want to keep my friends for as long as humanly possible, and it's a major pain for me to shed "dead wood"
20. Excel at stereotyping

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 10-03-2012 at 05:09 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 05:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Just do one. Ignore that jerk.
I'm completely "turned off" to the thought of making a list.

Sorry, but that annonymous repper just shut me down. Attempting to antagonize someone into doing something they were already on the fence before hand isn't going to get them to jump into the pool.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Wow, some of this is a "given" for the "regulars" on here, but still fairly revealing to my "buddies" I don't even know. In no particular order:

1. Ethnocentric
2. Independent, too much so - can happily sit in a coffeehouse reading or writing while drinking a good cup of tea
3. I live to travel, and currently don't own an Australian Shepherd/Border Collie I would like to be fair to the animal
4. Score about equal on math and verbal tests, which made/makes school/work easier
5. Like foreign languages, since English is not my first language
6. Have a full head of hair, still dark when it falls into my lap as I'm getting a haircut
7. Sense of humor goes from sarcastic to crass - like Eddie Murphy, Andrew Dice Clay and Lisa Lampanelli
8. Into trivia and useless information - my Trivial Pursuit team usually wins; Dad used to say "if you'd only channel your brains into one thing"
9. Have gotten lazier - about going to the gym, stopped skiing, need to lose 10 or so
10. Sharks, alligators, and mountain lions scare the crap out of me ... in that order
11. Collect foreign friends, my friends in college used to rib me that I knew all the foreign students
12. Don't like being tied down, and I'm not talking about rope or anything kinky
13. Don't trust a politician further than I can throw one
14. Don't feel great about it, but a lapsed Catholic - not too motivated these days
15. Have always driven an American car, with the last car I'd drive being a Subaru
16. From the West (born practically adjacent to the Pacific Ocean), but everybody thinks I belong in the Northeast
17. Kids like me, but I don't like them, though I don't let on, and I breathe a sigh of relief when I leave a friend's house where there are kids
18. Beaches instead of mountains
19. Want to keep my friends for as long as humanly possible, and it's a major pain for me to shed "dead wood"
20. Excel at stereotyping
Your friends are dead wood?

Old 10-03-2012, 05:11 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Your friends are dead wood?
My ex-friends are.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm completely "turned off" to the thought of making a list.

Sorry, but that annonymous repper just shut me down. Attempting to antagonize someone into doing something they were already on the fence before hand isn't going to get them to jump into the pool.
Alright it's your choice. But Dewdrop and Djuna would love it.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
My ex-friends are.
OH got ya. And you belong in the North East? Well they think that, but why?

Old 10-03-2012, 05:20 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
1: I hate stupid people
2: I am not normally one to hate.
3: I write off people who **** me off.
4: Happily married
5: To a short blonde.
6: Love to travel
7: love to camp
8: Enjoy mountains
9: Want to love way out west close to the mountains
10: Enjoy a wide range of music
11: Dig the art deco movement
12: love to cook.
13: I like the number 13.
14: have a desire to be a pilot and to fly
15: Love to weld and build things
16: Always have pickup in my driveway
17: Creative
18: Not a fan of snoww
19: Am sort of a night owl.
20: Wish I went to law school and was practicing law.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
1. Freakin' sexy.
2. Handsome.
3. Cute.
4. Intelligent.
5. Confident.
6. Classy.
7. Healthy.
8. Athletic.
9. Flirty.
10. Yummy.
11. Kids hate me.
12. Your girlfriend wants me.
13. Awesome hair.
14. Driven.
15. Tired.
16. Well dressed.
17. Tanned skin.
18. Happy.
19. New Yorker.
20. The man.
Damn baby, what's yo number?

Old 10-03-2012, 05:48 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
Damn baby, what's yo number?

Oh heyyyyy girl.

Let's be CD friends before we get serious.

I like to move slowwww darling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships