Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I know its not entirely the same but I love watching the history channel. Which continents? Hagar the Horrible , Family Circle, Zits, Baby Blues, Beetle Baily are some I like.

I live on the History Channel. I have more shows on my DVR from the History channel than any other network. I have been to South America, Africa, Europe and I count North Ameica, cause I have been to Mexico and Canada
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 07:48 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
The thing about lists is that what may take several dates for me to learn about the person can be summarized in a few minutes on the Internet... Does anyone know how to make people open themselves up more on the initial conversation?
Ask them a lot of questions...and yet, don't make it sound like an interrogation! lol

Old 10-03-2012, 07:48 AM

684 posts, read 825,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Another thread got me thinking - what would I put on my list of 20 things to describe myself? I guess this could be for relationship purposes or just in general. I'm still thinking of mine - but feel free to share yours!

Just for fun!
I remember that thread. I would pick:

1) Dreamer - I often am inspired by things I see and will voraciously devour all information on a subject. I get excited about things and love to share.
2) Spontaneous - Last week, I decided I wanted to fly out to the Canary Islands for the weekend. I spent time on the beach, ate at a rather amazing restaurant called El Gauchos in Maspalomas and watched the sun come up over the ocean.
3) Religious - I'm a Latter-Day Saint. I believe in God and genuinely love learning new things about who He is.
4) Artsy - There's little I like better than going to London's West Side and taking in a play. I like Wicked.
5) Movie lover - Zombies are my guilty pleasure, though the original "We're No Angels" with Humphrey Bogart is my favourite movie of all time. When I'm feeling down, I like to go to an empty theater and just sit back, empty my mind and watch.
6) Love travelling - Christkindel markets, Vancouver mountains, lunch at the CN Tower, Broadway - I try to experience new things where I can.
7) I play the ukulele - Actually, it was how I originally proposed. I had it all planned out: Send my fiance to a spa, let her relax, pick up the ring and show up while she was getting a massage. I played, "I can't help falling in love with you" and serenaded her. It worked out well.
8) A nerd - I get a little thrill when new comic book movies come out. I also like reading C.S. Lewis, Isaac Asimov and Piers Anthony.
9) I shave my head. Have since I was 23 or 24.
10) I have no idea what Yu Gi Oh is.
11) I like buying flowers for my significant other, just because it's Tuesday.
12) I like cooking. I'm very good at it, too - A real change from most Britons. I blame it on me knowing North American cooking.
13) My favourite car, I will never own. It is the Cadillac Ciel. It was a concept car and I once inquired about buying one, but they informed me that they would not sell. A shame, as that is the American car I'd most want to buy.
14) I can't stand British sausages. Really. I don't know how we can make them both dry AND greasy. Poland is radically ahead of us in Making-Sausage-Good technology.
15) I do a trick called 'Cold Reading'. It's a skill I picked up after reading about it in a book. I have been called 'Psychic' because of it, but it really comes down to picking up on body language and knowing broad types of people. Useful with women you're dating, though.
16) I am an honest-to-goodness centrist. I have discovered this on the Internet as I realize I am wrong about 50% of every single one of my political stances.
17) I have a kilt. I look good in it, too. Though I don't wear it a lot as it's incredibly heavy.
18) As long as we dance to one of a small handful of songs, I can fake being able to dance. This is because I hired a choreographer to help with my wedding dance. I didn't want my first dance to look bad! Other than that, I can only do the jungle book Baloo dance, shaking my big bear-like butt side to side.
19) I am considering moving to the US - Specifically, Dallas. I haven't, yet, and it will probably be a year or two before I make that decision.
20) I live in England.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:02 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You play a guitar? Thats so cool. What Texas music? County? I take it you hunt. What do you hunt? My dad did too. Deer, quail, pheasant, different deer (doe, buck). Which college team?

Hayes Carll Knockin' Over Whiskeys - YouTube

Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Twenty things about me:

1. I'm tall (sort of) 6'1, I'm also very fit. Work out to stay in shape.
2. I'm half Italian and half french
3. I'm handsome (years back I did some modeling)
4. I love sports (was a wrestler, runner, and swimmer)played alot of basketball during warm months.
5. I love taking long walks (clears my head)
6. I am very loyal
7. I have great love for my family
8. I would probably be a mountain climber/ jump out of planes if I wasn't afraid of heights.
9. I wish I was living in the eighties and early nineties again
10. I am a huge movie buff. Tried acting years ago and should have gone into directing. Just love movies.
11. I love going out to eat (my gf and I do it atleast twice a week)
12. I love animals
13. I have two kids
14. I've lived all over this country
15. With all my years of wrestling I never got cauliflower ear (Yay)
16. I had a great childhood. Caused a he ll of a lot of trouble and loved every minute of it.
17. Am a risk taker
18. Having style is important to me
19. I work on self improvement, but often fall short.
20. Not sure about religion. Don't know what I believe anymore

Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,572 times
1)6'6", 260 lbs, athletic body type
2)lots of tattoos, every one though on my face, hands, and neck has been removed
3)loves to joke around
4)radiates joys
5)loves to eat, loves to eat variety, loves restaurants, loves exotic ingredients
6)loves cities, city lights, nothing better than going to the top of a building and drinking to the city below
7)impulsive
8)stubborn
9)lives in the moment, sometimes too shortsighted
10)loves motorcycles, fast cars, jets and anything with speed
11)loves the ocean
12)loves the mountains but especially mountains and cliffs diving into the ocean
13)kinda nomadic, well traveled
14)loves to explore, and take off any which way sometimes on random
15)creative
16)strong heart
17)have 2 kids
18)live like tomorrow doesn't exist and remember every moment like you're on the death bed
19)have made mistakes but have no regrets
20)believe that fate is leading me on my journey and god has some grand plan for me

Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Too bad you're married.
And old.

I should have my husband re-write my list for me. Your opinion might differ.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You are all awesome! I'm such a bad OP... I still haven't done my list. Maybe tomorrow when I'm not so tired... Good night!
Hey slacker, where's your list!?!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
And old.

I should have my husband re-write my list for me. Your opinion might differ.
That would be interesting - having our SO's write our lists for us!!!

I think my husband would put "stubborn" as my #1!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Hey slacker, where's your list!?!
I know, I know... I'll get to work on it. I just abandoned my planned trip to the gym because the little one wouldn't eat. I tried to explain to him how mommy wants to go to the gym and they only have babysitting hours during certain times - but he was unmoved. So, I've got some time now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships