Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 11:35 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
She's actually still not as bad as most of the others,there are just some things to hammer out.
Who's going to do the hammerin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
The fact you said "typical woman" is going to start a war. But that's fine, I have popcorn for these occasions.
I got one with extra butter.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:24 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Eat up,just my experience. Up to them to prove me wrong.
In MY experience, both men and women are liars. No gender has a monopoly on that.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:33 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:
She lies straight to my face and I also believe she hides some things...typical woman probably tho
Well first of all what your girlfriend is doing is not "typical" of women. Why are you with her if she is doing things like this to you? You can never trust someone that lies all the time and steals or hides things of yours.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:42 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times
Quote:
She lies straight to my face and I also believe she hides some things...typical woman probably tho
It's true. You really can't trust any of them. Way worse than guys.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:14 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
When you're in a 10 year relationship,7 married you can't just 'rid' yourself of the person...if there were many other reasons on top of that then that would be enough to move on.
The constant lying would be enough to send me packing, but you still never said what she lies about. Does she spend money and not tell you or does she go out with other men and not tell you? Big diff there. If she spends money and doesn't tell you then you guys need better communication. My husband used to get mad at me if I spent $10 on books so I didn't always tell him about that, but looking back I just think he was being a jerk. Are you being one? Give it some thought.

But that same husband was completely lying to me about his sexuality and he wanted a man and not a woman and after 25 years he came out. Who was the bigger liar? And, because my ex-husband was gay, I think typical men are liars and closet gays. Sounds pretty dumb when I say that, doesn't it? Good thing that I don't believe that.

As for getting out of a relationship, it's totally worth it if it's not working. I am happier now than I've been in years and while I would like a man in the bed next to me, I also don't have to worry that if I want to go out of town that I can't or would feel funny about it, and I can spend as much money on books as I want to.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
The constant lying would be enough to send me packing, but you still never said what she lies about. Does she spend money and not tell you or does she go out with other men and not tell you? Big diff there.
No the money thing is pretty straight,and she doesn't go out much and doesn't seem to be interested in other men...it's just the small things,but they can add up and also the fact that she feels the need to lie instead of be straight is always a concern.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
No the money thing is pretty straight,and she doesn't go out much and doesn't seem to be interested in other men...it's just the small things,but they can add up and also the fact that she feels the need to lie instead of be straight is always a concern.
Well what does she lie about?

And do you think she lies because she's afraid of the reaction she might get?
It would help to have an idea of what the lies are about and what your reaction is.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:38 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Your bitterness is showing.

A typical woman is good to her man, you ran across some atypical women.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:56 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Well what does she lie about?

And do you think she lies because she's afraid of the reaction she might get?
It would help to have an idea of what the lies are about and what your reaction is.
Like I said,smaller things to not so smaller things...there were times where I knew she was smoking pot with her teenage son yet she maintained she hadn't done it in awhile. Other times it was just small everyday things she would deny seemingly out of habit,which is the reason I'm concerned there may be some pathological tendencies there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships