Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:12 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,660,088 times

Advertisements

I always thought of a lexus as a female car and a benz as a man's car. A beamer is more neutral but still more of a man's car.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
I always thought of a lexus as a female car and a benz as a man's car. A beamer is more neutral but still more of a man's car.

The car isn't his. Lol

Old 10-03-2012, 09:19 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,348 times
Would all you people be OK if for instance he normally drove a Maserati, but decided to use his mom's Lexus for the night?

Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,922,877 times
Why would you have to lie that a Lexus was yours if you owned a Maserati ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Would all you people be OK if for instance he normally drove a Maserati, but decided to use his mom's Lexus for the night?

Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk50 View Post
Everyone criticizing me has been focusing on the car. No criticism on the approach, the convo or anything else. That's not constructive, that's bitter.
You played it perfect. Conversate for a little bit then get straight to the point. Sometimes you gotta be bold and just go for it. As far as texting goes, text her whenever you want. In my opinion it sounds like she's bored so i would definatly text her to see if she wants to go out.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:38 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,404 times
In this situation the car is irrelavant, just part of the initial conversation. If he goes out with her later then he could tell her that the car wasnt his. It's not like she's a young golddigger, she was driving a BMW so i doubt that she cares. Besides the BMW might not be hers either

Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 AM

190 posts, read 305,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
The sex might be bad.
So what? As long as he gets to bust a nut that's all that matters.

Quote:
She might have an STD.

He can use a condom.

Quote:
She might be clingy.
That's why he should never tell her where he lives. Only visit her place.

Quote:
She might be crazy.
Then he can get rid of her after he's banged her.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Quote:
Im driving home from my night class in my mom's Lexus. Im pulling into the station and a white woman filling up her white BMW 5 series smiles at me. I thought it was kinda odd, but I pulled up at the pump next to her.

She says hello, and I ask her how she is doing, and she says she just got back from Vegas for a trade show. She is really exhausted, doesn't like her job etc etc.

We continue talking about work etc. We talk about our cars (yes, I told her it was my Lexus, not my mom's) and she said she hates her BMW, always getting repaired.

I was really surprised/pleased with how things were going, so I asked for her number and if she wanted to get together sometime to get to know each other better. She said she is seeing someone, but she was going to break it off soon anyways.

I didn't have my phone on me, for the first time ever, I left it at home. So she wrote her number on a piece of paper.

Then we parted ways. One of the most relaxing convos Ive had with a woman, 1 because she approached me, and 2 cause she was older.

When should I text her?
Why not call her? Texting is just lame, especially when you're reaching out to someone for the first time. Texting is when you're asking someone to pick up toilet paper on the way home, not when you're setting up a first date.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
Im driving home from my night class in my mom's Lexus. Im pulling into the station and a white woman filling up her white BMW 5 series smiles at me. I thought it was kinda odd, but I pulled up at the pump next to her.

She says hello, and I ask her how she is doing, and she says she just got back from Vegas for a trade show. She is really exhausted, doesn't like her job etc etc.

We continue talking about work etc. We talk about our cars (yes, I told her it was my Lexus, not my mom's) and she said she hates her BMW, always getting repaired.

I was really surprised/pleased with how things were going, so I asked for her number and if she wanted to get together sometime to get to know each other better. She said she is seeing someone, but she was going to break it off soon anyways.

I didn't have my phone on me, for the first time ever, I left it at home. So she wrote her number on a piece of paper.

Then we parted ways. One of the most relaxing convos Ive had with a woman, 1 because she approached me, and 2 cause she was older.

When should I text her?
I love how you automatically assumed it was your car that caught her interest.
Not everyone is as shallow as you think. Guessing part of this is projection.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Strike 1: Posing in your mom's Lexus.
Strike 2: She has a BF.
Strike 3: When she finds out you already lied to her in the three minutes it took to pump gas.
Man it's a wonder any of you guys ever get laid at all.

1. That's pretty easy to circumvent. Say, "Okay, this was dumb. That's my mom's car."

2. She already said she was breaking up with him. And she gave him her number.

3. #1 already took care of #3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships