Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Have any of you people ever actually met a real woman ?

No, I mean like, actually met a woman.

Not been served by one at the store, or sat next to one on the bus.

And no, your mom doesn't count.............
For most people I know, their mother (or father, or both) is the most important person in their lives, even if they hate them. Your relationshp with your parents is a portent of things to come....for better or worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I can hardly catch a breath, I'm laughing so hard.

The guy at the gas station is a putz for starting off a conversation about the car he's fueling. He drew attention to something materialistic about himself as a lead-off, not to mention it was a lie. That's two strikes before he's even gotten the woman's name. If I see a cute guy, I'm not even going to notice the car.
In my experience the part you said about not noticing the car is false. I'm an attractive male as I have been told by lots of people, but when I had my old Toyota which I owned for years, it was missing a window and I had duct tape to hold that together, and I had the front bumper gone, and the back and side door dented in really bad from an accident with scratches on the whole side from that, I never had women checking me out when I was out and about, but as a result of an accident I had later on after that time period I recieved enough money to get a nice car and now I notice women looking over at me and checking me out. I'm sure many other guys in my situation would agree with having the same reaction from women as I did. I think you and the way you aould approach a man without acknowledgement of his car is a rare thing. I know cars are not the main factor when noticing a guy if you're a woman, but realistically, the guy with a beat up car would usually not get noticed because he is usually viewed as someone who can't take care of his finances or someone who is bummy. That's just the way society is in reality for most guys in beat up cars.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Being used for money seems to be intent on long term so I would say that is worse however, if you are lucky while you are being used for money long term you can be using them for sex long term.
Very true

Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Using people isn't right. Neither one makes it okay.

There's a big difference, though, between women seeking men who are financially stable and "using him for money." Just as there is a big different between men seeking women who they find sexy, and men using women for sex.

And PS: it can go the other way around too.

I have to add to Bobman's original question: not only do I wonder if many of you have ever met real women, but I can't help but wonder if some of you people ever step outside of your home. Maybe if some of you experienced the real world more you wouldn't have so much confusion about male-female relationships.
As far as meeting a real woman yes I've met a bunch, and the good ones are always taken, My ideas and theories are based off of the characters of these women who have played a role in my life. As it is with guys, the same goes with girls, there is a majority of each group who live inside the box of society, and this translates into why I've experienced lots of using, cheating, and women who want guys that have 'financial stability' aka money as they say. Is it my fault I have experienced women checking me out when I have my new car and nobody checking me out when I drove my clunker around? Why is the finger pointed at me? It's not my fault people act the way they do, that's where my views are formed about people, by the experiences they give me and the actions they perform in my path.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 PM

I posed this question after watching the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary 'BROKE' in which all those athletes that ended up broke ended up with women who were for the most part all about the money and the loss of all that money from divorces and buying gifts or things to impress these women had a long lasting affect on these men. As for the women who have been used by athletes for sex and then left in the dust, they only suffered for a short period of time being used. I mean what did they expect from an athlete? And I guess what did these athletes' expect from these women, that they actually loved themfor who they were all those years they were married and brought children into the world? Maybe I should have renamed this thread and involved athletes in the title, but the story I read about the guy at the gas station was a small example of what each sex values, so I went with that as we could all relate to something on that level.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I posed this question after watching the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary 'BROKE' in which all those athletes that ended up broke ended up with women who were for the most part all about the money and the loss of all that money from divorces and buying gifts or things to impress these women had a long lasting affect on these men. As for the women who have been used by athletes for sex and then left in the dust, they only suffered for a short period of time being used. I mean what did they expect from an athlete? And I guess what did these athletes' expect from these women, that they actually loved themfor who they were all those years they were married and brought children into the world? Maybe I should have renamed this thread and involved athletes in the title, but the story I read about the guy at the gas station was a small example of what each sex values, so I went with that as we could all relate to something on that level.
My husband and I watched BROKE, too. Do I feel bad for a guy that gets roped into a relationship with a woman who is only with him for his money and that he ends up paying a lot of child support to? Perhaps. Do I feel bad for a guy that has to pay child support to 8 different women for his 10 illegitimate children? HELL NO!

And these athletes wanted to attract these women and these women wanted to be with these athletes. I don't think there is a "better" option here. You flaunt your money in order to attract a hot woman - and you find a hot woman who wants you for your money.

Now, as for BROKE - do I think there is a problem? Yes. But the problem starts way before these guys get rich.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
People need to quit buying stuff to impress other people and just be happy and true to themselves.
THAT is attractive to other people.
I really don't know if this is a talking point or you are speaking from experience. This is not the case when you speak to most men. Most men would agree and say that lots of things they do when spending money involves impressing women in some way, shape, or form. In reality this has not been the case in the places I've lived.

Guys are always spending money in some way to get a woman's attention. This is just a fact. I would bet that you won't find too many men who think that money is not a factor in some way when trying to attract women in American society. Whether it be spending money going to bars in hopes of 'hooking up', getting a new tattoo (tattoos are of no use unless there are people to look at them), whether it be a membership at a gym so you can sculpt your body into something that looks decent for a woman to look at, whether it be spending money on a nice motorcycle or other toys guys buy to get women to notice them

Old 10-03-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
In my experience the part you said about not noticing the car is false. I'm an attractive male as I have been told by lots of people, but when I had my old Toyota which I owned for years, it was missing a window and I had duct tape to hold that together, and I had the front bumper gone, and the back and side door dented in really bad from an accident with scratches on the whole side from that, I never had women checking me out when I was out and about, but as a result of an accident I had later on after that time period I recieved enough money to get a nice car and now I notice women looking over at me and checking me out. I'm sure many other guys in my situation would agree with having the same reaction from women as I did. I think you and the way you aould approach a man without acknowledgement of his car is a rare thing. I know cars are not the main factor when noticing a guy if you're a woman, but realistically, the guy with a beat up car would usually not get noticed because he is usually viewed as someone who can't take care of his finances or someone who is bummy. That's just the way society is in reality for most guys in beat up cars.
So - you saying that women didn't check you out in a beat up car being held together by duct tape but they did check you out in a nice car so therefore women care about cars - is sort of like -
A woman saying that men care about women who wear name brand clothes because guys checked her out when she was wearing Prada but not when she was wearing a stained, torn sweat suit.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Really, then head over to the nearest high school or college, let me know how many attractive women are riding around in econ-o-box's, beaters, using the bus or train. Then let us know how many are riding around with the 'bling. On Saturday night, head over to the nearest dance club or mingle singles party, let us know what kind of cars are there - a yugo or the benz, acura, volvo, audi, bimmer, lexus, even newer model hondas.

It's more like 90% are and 10% aren't especially in those still immature late teens to late 20's stage.
This is what I was getting at in one of my last responses, this is how it is, and when people say women could care less about something like the salary a man makes, the car he drives ect in American society then they should go out on a Friday night and people watch like you said. The percentages are in favor of women riding around or walking with guys who look like they have stability financialy rather than the guys driving clunkers as they cruise downtown.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
This is what I was getting at in one of my last responses, this is how it is, and when people say women could care less about something like the salary a man makes, the car he drives ect in American society then they should go out on a Friday night and people watch like you said. The percentages are in favor of women riding around or walking with guys who look like they have stability financialy rather than the guys driving clunkers as they cruise downtown.
Are there women who only care about what kind of a car a guy drives and how much he makes? Sure. They are usually coupled with guys that only care about how hot a woman is. For those of us who have figured out that there are more important things - like love, trust, compatibility, humor - we don't go for the guy with the most expensive car or the woman with the shortest skirt. And we might not be clubbing on a Friday night. We might be making dinner together and cuddling up watching a movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships