Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 03:38 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejen View Post
Well, here's the thing. It's easy to dismiss someone's association with someone else based on text. That refers to personal ads, posts on here, romantic books, which are all just text. People, though, are fleshy IRL and there's a lot more to any association than we see in the ad or in a thread on here. It's easy to have high standards by text. Words, by nature, are conceptual, so it's easy to be dismissive of anything that stands outside of the ideal. Not so easy when you meet someone you like who happens to also be... a smoker (gasp) or an obsessive collector or who lacks decent writing skills. There's a balance there and, while I'd probably reject most of my former partners if I were looking at them on paper, their embodiment was a much better overall picture. I'd say, in the flesh, many of us would dole out different advice, too. The people being e-rejected here are the same as our friends who are out searching relentlessly for their future partners or working it out with their current partners.
Very true. I've thought for a while now that being online makes everyone pickier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 03:41 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I assume there would be a secret decoder ring, right? RIGHT?
If vodka martinis are considered to be decoder rings, then sure.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
People sure do have a lot of standards! The following people are apparently undateable: (This is not an all-inclusive list, but i'll start)

People with low self esteem
People who complain too much
Guys, and girls, who are too Nice
Guys, and girls, who are Not Nice Enough
People who call too early
People who fail to write the exact correct wording in their personal ad
People who send online dating messages that are not creative enough
People who send suggestive messages
People who just start the message saying "hi"
People who message you and ask you questions which they Obviously Could have found the answer to in your Profile
People who are too boring
People with kids
People who don't want kids
Fat people
Skinny people
People who are too broke
People who are too rich (ok, i haven't seen that one yet, but i'm sure it's around somewhere)
Democrats
Republicans
People who are Too Religious
People who are Not Religious Enough

So can somebody tell me the 5 or 10 people left in the world who ARE acceptable to date?
Nope its not an all-inclusive list, my contribution is -

People who post rants about people who post on the internet

Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 PM

496 posts, read 941,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Very true. I've thought for a while now that being online makes everyone pickier.
Speaking of which, I read this twice as "makes everyone a pecker" *giggled*

Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
My take for myself: I don't want to be "a gift" to a meat grinder. So much for me thinking I'm GOD's gift.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejen View Post
Speaking of which, I read this twice as "makes everyone a pecker" *giggled*
They're that too.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:14 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah - I'm happily married but I'm home alone a lot with our little one. I have CD open on the computer in the kitchen and look and post in between all the other things I'm doing. It's very entertaining - and it doesn't require my full attention all the time. I can do the dishes, refresh CD to see what's new, play with my son, check CD, change a load of laundry, check CD - you get the point. As crazy as this may sound - it kind of keeps me sane!

Plus - being happily married doesn't mean that we are attached at the hip 24/7 and are always out somewhere!
You're a CD addict, you need intervention.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:16 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
I date quite a bit.

The men I date work.

I don't work much at the moment.

I get bored.

I also get afternoon delight

Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Everyone should feel as though they are God's gift to someone. That being said, I've been blessed in many ways and I'm fully aware of it

Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
People sure do have a lot of standards! The following people are apparently undateable: (This is not an all-inclusive list, but i'll start)

People with low self esteem
People who complain too much
Guys, and girls, who are too Nice
Guys, and girls, who are Not Nice Enough
People who call too early
People who fail to write the exact correct wording in their personal ad
People who send online dating messages that are not creative enough
People who send suggestive messages
People who just start the message saying "hi"
People who message you and ask you questions which they Obviously Could have found the answer to in your Profile
People who are too boring
People with kids
People who don't want kids
Fat people
Skinny people
People who are too broke
People who are too rich (ok, i haven't seen that one yet, but i'm sure it's around somewhere)
Democrats
Republicans
People who are Too Religious
People who are Not Religious Enough

So can somebody tell me the 5 or 10 people left in the world who ARE acceptable to date?
Why are people taking this so seriously I think its kind of funny how these forums just in circles that the fun of it. That the best thing about life being who you are not caring if people don't like you for it. The funny thing is whats insignificant to one but important to another and vice versa.

Humanity don't stop being hilarious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships