Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,037 times

Advertisements

This has always been an interesting question for me because its one of the rare ones that's almost 100 percent either way. Almost every woman I've ever asked in my life has said that she can't or wouldn't ever be intimate with her BF/Husband while upset with him. But on the flip side almost every man I've ever asked in my life has said the opposite. This goes across all different races and economic backgrounds. So I'm asking why do you think this is, have you seen different, and finally what's your take on it.

Are you ok with sex with your partner while your upset with them?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,827,845 times
Personally if I'm pissed at someone I want nothing to do with them. So no.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:09 AM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This has always been an interesting question for me because its one of the rare ones that's almost 100 percent either way. Almost every woman I've ever asked in my life has said that she can't or wouldn't ever be intimate with her BF/Husband while upset with him. But on the flip side almost every man I've ever asked in my life has said the opposite. This goes across all different races and economic backgrounds. So I'm asking why do you think this is, have you seen different, and finally what's your take on it.

Are you ok with sex with your partner while your upset with them?
For me, sex always heals any anger. It's never been my way to go to bed angry, but that's just me.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:26 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,062 times
has to do with the argument, and why youre mad at each other. and the time between your anger and your lust. Love and Hate are two very strong emotions, so very easy when excited to switch from one to the other. Just like hot water turns to ice faster than cold water. The atoms are moving so fast already its easy for them to race harder, ergo, anger, and then the realization you love that person, and you quickly show it, therefore, MAKEUP SEX!! more energetic and passionate most times than honeymoon sex...

Old 10-04-2012, 06:56 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,004,714 times
Are we talking about make up sex? Or just initiating sex in the heat of anger?

I would be far more likely to be intimate as we come to a resolution after a disagreement, than I would before that point. While I am upset, I don't want anything to do with intimacy, and prefer to be alone with my own thoughts to cool off and regain perspective. I'd say my wife is pretty much the same.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:02 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
No. If I don't like you right then, I don't want you touching me.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Are we talking about make up sex? Or just initiating sex in the heat of anger?

I would be far more likely to be intimate as we come to a resolution after a disagreement, than I would before that point. While I am upset, I don't want anything to do with intimacy, and prefer to be alone with my own thoughts to cool off and regain perspective. I'd say my wife is pretty much the same.
The difference with makeup sex is, you've made up. Your not angry with that person anymore. I'm not talking about that. But you've said that you wouldn't want to have sex with your wife your mad at her.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:11 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,998 times
Surely these bolded quotes are a suggestion that someone is getting it wrong.

It's a fairly well recognized fact that most men have absolutely no idea how (or if ) a female brain works, so perhaps they're reading the situation wrong.

Angry sex can be awesome, but I've never met anyone who'd have sex while they were angry at you, only if they were angry in general and wanted to bonk it out of their system.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Almost every woman I've ever asked in my life
almost every man I've ever asked in my life

Old 10-04-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Surely these bolded quotes are a suggestion that someone is getting it wrong.

It's a fairly well recognized fact that most men have absolutely no idea how (or if ) a female brain works, so perhaps they're reading the situation wrong.

Angry sex can be awesome, but I've never met anyone who'd have sex while they were angry at you, only if they were angry in general and wanted to bonk it out of their system.......
Trust me, you'd be surprised

Old 10-04-2012, 07:18 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,355,088 times
Sure. It just usually is not any good. Most normal men, don't want a partner who is unwilling, and mute. But, maybe some men would. Not any I would want to have a relationship with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships