Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I'm not going there with you. Because if I tell you that I don't like guys who are thugs, you'll counteract that with "you're the exception however MOST black women want gangsters...." diatribe. And then the "most black women are fat & ghetto.." mafia will chime in to co-sign your ridiculous opinions.
I don't know what most black women want...I can speak more certainly as to what they don't want...based on my experience...and it sucks that it is the way it is.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Did you read about the part where my family would be disappointed with that?
It's not that simple...

So you are more concerned with your family being disappointed it whom you have chosen to spend your life with and not concerned with your own happiness and well being because you don't want to disappoint your family? Am I understanding this correctly?

Old 10-04-2012, 02:17 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Family does mean a lot to some people...

Old 10-04-2012, 02:18 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
I don't know what most black women want...I can speak more certainly as to what they don't want...based on my experience...and it sucks that it is the way it is.
You are not a black woman, so you cannot speak on what we do and do not want.

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
ok...lets start a pool how long will this thread last..im down for no more than 100 posts!!

seriously though, you cannot generalize women (black or white) the way you have in the OP, there are white women who act like the characteristics you describe for black women..and there are black women who act with the 'white' characteristics...you cannot generalize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
And you're going to listen to what people in your family tell you? If you happen to fall madly in love with a white woman, you'll kick her to the curb?
It's not that simple.
Family is important.
At least mine is, to me.
And they have a say...even if they're being irrational.

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
IME your view is fairly common among biracial children who were primarily raised by the white parent. It usually seems to be because the children of these unions often have less contact with the black parent's family than the children of intact unions.
I think so too. I find it is pretty true no matter what the mix is. Whatever parent who is not around is the side that gets slighted.

The thing that makes things different with the black/whatever mixes is the the legacy of the "one drop rule." You'll be perceived as black no matter what mix you are.

OP: Like I said, meet different black women, I can think of 40 off the top of my head who are anti-thugs with swag. Keep looking, there are plenty of us.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Did you read about the part where my family would be disappointed with that?
It's not that simple...
Who cares what you're family says! You can't live your life for your family. If you like white women, date white. Problem solved. But if your familty runs your life then date black women. Its really not that hard.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You are not a black woman, so you cannot speak on what we do and do not want.
Based on my experience, it's clear to me that they don't seem to want what I have to offer (not that I have anything to offer, but that seems a lot more acceptable to white women...)

Maybe I can't speak on behalf of black women, my experience however speaks for itself.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:22 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Based on my experience, it's clear to me that they don't seem to want what I have to offer (not that I have anything to offer, but that seems a lot more acceptable to white women...)

Maybe I can't speak on behalf of black women, my experience however speaks for itself.
I'm a black woman, and I don't like you. It has nothing to do with the fact that you're not a thug. But because you are a black woman basher. I'm pretty sure your black girlfriends pick up on that and don't want anything to do with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships