Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 04:28 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Why?
we're an oppressed and unprotected group. that's why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 04:46 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
We should accept ourselves more, but as long as lots of people think Caucasian traits+++ and African/nonwhite traits- - - , it's not gonna happen.
On the Contrary. It's evolutionary but lately when I think of an American standard of beauty(Not mine) for a woman I'm thinking its Exotic eyes, Full lips, Full hips and breasts, light to carmel skin and long dark hair. It would be the Kim Kardasean, Angelie Jole, Eva Longore type of woman. This is a compilation of of women of the world.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-07-2012 at 05:18 PM..

Old 10-07-2012, 04:58 PM

445 posts, read 864,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I would not associate with someone like your friend. She sounds wacked out. In my best friends case he just says thats who he is attracted too and comfortable with, White and hispanic women. He never disses black women but he has insinuated that he thinks im a little nuts for dating black women.
And this is your best friend?

Old 10-07-2012, 04:59 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Why?
Maybe he's applying his taste to others, as many people do? He does gravitate to thin women with long dark hair while I prefer women with curves and hair is down there on the list.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, I never knew there was such a "thing" with black people and their hair. I watched that movie that Chris Rock did called Good Hair, I think it was called, anyways it was pretty entertaining/informative.

I don't know all of the names for black womens hair styles, but I saw this younger black lady, really pretty, she had an afro sorta thing, IDK, I liked it, people should work whatever they have.

I don't get why Asian women are doing the eyelid surgery thing, I think they look fine with their natural eyes.

It's part of them.

We should accept ourselves more.....
Not to long ago before the summer ended, I was taking a walk in Manhattan, I came across this nice gorgeous looking African American, she was really cute and highly attractive, she had that afro centric hair style thing going on, from her hairstyle alone I knew she had confidence and comfortable about the way she carries herself, thats an attitude that no guy should not pass up on. I went to go talk to her and her white beardo boyfriend jumps out of the bushes and my chances of getting her number was snubed. I have noticed over the years that these type of black women with the afro centric look are mostly with white men, its not a race thing its more of a class thing actually since both groups are mostly likely educated and earn a high paying salary.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think it may be due to folk perceiving that if a person prefers X, Y, and Z that means there is something wrong with A, B, and C. That really seems to be an aspect of differing opinions on just about everything from politics to religion, etc. I suppose it's true to some extent, although other peoples preferences should not be an important issue.
This is generally true, their was this lady I used to know she asked a guy do you have all your teeth and is your teeth white, sadly she had poor dental health with missing teeth in the back and all teeth are yellow due to smoking. Same goes for a buddy I know he is balding, but he prefers women with long hair way past her shoulders.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Not to long ago before the summer ended, I was taking a walk in Manhattan, I came across this nice gorgeous looking African American, she was really cute and highly attractive, she had that afro centric hair style thing going on, from her hairstyle alone I knew she had confidence and comfortable about the way she carries herself, thats an attitude that no guy should not pass up on. I went to go talk to her and her white beardo boyfriend jumps out of the bushes and my chances of getting her number was snubed. I have noticed over the years that these type of black women with the afro centric look are mostly with white men, its not a race thing its more of a class thing actually since both groups are mostly likely educated and earn a high paying salary.
More lies and BS

Old 10-07-2012, 05:46 PM

499 posts, read 756,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
We should accept ourselves more, but as long as lots of people think Caucasian traits+++ and African/nonwhite traits- - - , it's not gonna happen.
I see NO REASON why "African" traits "have to be favored", or even "Caucasian" traits have to be favored for that matter, or why it's "such a shame" that certain things aren't favored. We should accept ALL or accept whatever we want. If the tables were turned and all of a sudden short men, dark skinned women, fat women/men and all of the other non-mainstream groups were "favored" and showcased all over the media, the "favored" groups still wouldn't think much of the unfavored.

This is why I personally don't feel sorry for the "woe is me, they don't favor ____________" (insert less or non-favorable traits) because EVERYONE HAS SOMETHING THEY DON'T LIKE AND WILL USE REASONS WHY ITS OKAY TO NOT FAVOR IT. Furthermore, even if someone was to magically be part of the favored/mainstream group, those same people will still find something to find "less attractive".

Race is no bigger than all of the other traits, because like many others, those TRAITS are HARDWIRED and CAN'T BE CHANGED. You're stuck with them. The only reason why it gets so much attention is because of the history of race in this country, but dating and social injustice are two different topics.

A black guy who likes black women is going to like black women. A black guy who likes other women, well, he's going to like whatever he likes.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
More lies and BS
How is it a lie, he or she even thouogh different race prefer people of the same income strata regardless of the color of their skins. I have been seeing this a lot lately. You know nothing.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
How is it a lie, he or she even thouogh different race prefer people of the same income strata regardless of the color of their skins. I have been seeing this a lot lately. You know nothing.
This sentence makes no sense. But the texture of a black woman's hair has nothing to do with her intelligence or income level. that BS is no different than those who presume that certain skin tones or races are superior, smarter or more friendlier than others..it's all lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships