Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,041 times

Advertisements

I think lesbian sex isn't considered real sex is because THERE IS NO PENIS DOING THE PENETRATION! Duh!

Old 10-06-2012, 09:32 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I think lesbian sex isn't considered real sex is because THERE IS NO PENIS DOING THE PENETRATION! Duh!
Another student of the Bill Clinton Academy of Sex Education?

Or did you forget to use the eye rolling icon to indicate your sarcasm?

Old 10-06-2012, 09:50 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,848,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes.

Btw, I love people who attack someone's masculinity because they are not in agreement with their agenda. Thought you were better than that.

Why would I be threatened by any of this?
I'm not attacking your masculinity. But you've said yourself your feelings on this matter are based on culture. Culture tells men that any sexual contact with another man changes them on a fundamental level. It's why the same 'rules' aren't in effect for females.

Double standards like this are based on cultural views of masculinity. If the only issue at play was transgressing sexuality, the rules would be the same for females. The fact that the rules are different means it isn't about who you sleep with at all...it's about what it says about you as a man.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:54 AM

236 posts, read 427,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Some guys are just so horny that almost anyone with a warm mouth will do.
now thats just funny

Old 10-06-2012, 10:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
I'm not attacking your masculinity. But you've said yourself your feelings on this matter are based on culture. Culture tells men that any sexual contact with another man changes them on a fundamental level. It's why the same 'rules' aren't in effect for females.

Double standards like this are based on cultural views of masculinity. If the only issue at play was transgressing sexuality, the rules would be the same for females. The fact that the rules are different means it isn't about who you sleep with at all...it's about what it says about you as a man.
You are assuming that I subscribe to a double standard. Did you get that from any of my posts? And, pray tell, what does any of this say about me as a man?

Old 10-06-2012, 10:48 AM

1,696 posts, read 4,346,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiana View Post
This is way more common than you think. My many gay male friends are constantly bragging about their sexual conquests with married or opposite-sex partnered men. In fact, I've read that most men who engage in sexual acts with other men DO NOT identify as gay.

Can anyone shed light on this phenomenon? Ladies, if you found out your man was sleeping with other men, how would you react?
Ya know how straight men commonly LIE about their sexual conquests? Well, so do gay men. When any man starts bragging about who he's done, be at least a little suspicious..

Old 10-06-2012, 02:41 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,848,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You are assuming that I subscribe to a double standard. Did you get that from any of my posts? And, pray tell, what does any of this say about me as a man?
It says nothing about you as a man, other than that you have absorbed cultural messages about men.

You believe that a straight man can't possibly have sex with a gay man because his mind would not allow it, yes? He would be turned off by the very idea of male/male sex. But this hinges on the idea that straight men universally find the very idea of male/male sex distressing. But men aren't wired to find male/male sex distressing...not even straight men. That's a cultural message about masculinity.

Some people buy into the messages that society sends. Some people don't. Some of the things you've been saying are very close to what people say about gender messages. There's little difference between 'straight men could NEVER be aroused in the presence of a gay man!" and "real men don't wear pink!"

Let me ask you this. Do you believe me when I say an asexual can have sex and still have sexual attraction toward other people?

Old 10-06-2012, 02:48 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paralleljjcat View Post

two men are on an island. They've been there for a year. Both were married and love and miss their wives. During a drunken night with the last of the rum from their ruined ship, they have sex. Both men are fantasying about their wives throughout the act. They never repeat the experience or speak of it again.

Are they gay?

[size=12][/size]
yes

Old 10-06-2012, 02:55 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,168,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
yes
I hope women are gay/lesbian in the same situation.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:59 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,269,557 times
Human sexuality is not black and white, there are 50 shades of grey.

Just because a man has had sex with a man, doesn't make him gay, any more than a gay man having sex with a woman becomes straight.

If he starts to PREFER same sex encounters, that's when you can call him homosexual.

Rumour has it that this is what happened to John Travolta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.