Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 12:47 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Of course it's a hobby... you're not going to die if you skip one day to see a movie with a friend.
Everyone thinks you have to eat, drink, and sleep to live.
You need to move to live, too.
It's called commitment.
There will always be some excuse not to do it.
And a movie is hardly life or death.

I'd skip a workout to see a friend who dropped in town, if someone was in the hospital, or, like tomorrow, if there was a surprise work meeting.

Skipping a workout to go stuff my face with a crappy cheap cheeseburger? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 04:02 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,914,193 times
I'd say if they're gym junkies who expect you to be similarly obsessive, and spend hours a day at the gym then yes, that's a turn off. I'd rather someone who could enjoy something naughty every day, instead of eating tofu, celery and carrot shakes or something.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,852,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think it depends on lifestyle and compatibility. Though I don't do it terribly often, sometimes I want to grab some greasy burgers, a 6 pack of beer and sit and home and watch a terrible movie. I'm friends with people who would never do this in a million years. I also know a few people who get really anxious if they don't get to the gym every day, which means they'll cancel on you or flake on plans to go to the gym. If you can't take one day off to go see a movie with a friend then you've got issues.
That's EXACTLY what I was referring to!

Old 10-09-2012, 07:30 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,852,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I like a little fat on the upper leg, in the back just underneath the a**. I love that area.
Haha, you'd LOOOVE me then.

I'm married though, don't get any ideas.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:43 AM

842 posts, read 1,143,823 times
Only if you're obviously Mr. Muscle when you walk in anywhere. Getting fit and maintaining fitness usually require long term discipline, a trait that I do appreciate. I think NPR did a show a month or two ago saying that fit people tend to be more financial stable too because of that (or because they're so financial stable that they wouldn't have to worry about getting a second job to support their family so they have more time for the gym).

Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 AM

223 posts, read 282,415 times
I prefer people who are passionate about life, enjoy moving around, eating inspiring food and drinking lustily but in moderation. People in this category are of normal weight - slightly overweight but with moderate muscle tone. Obsession with exercise and dieting does not fall into that category, IMHO, and obesity either indicates poor health or not caring, both of which are a turn off.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:53 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,210,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudegubmintworker View Post
I prefer people who are passionate about life, enjoy moving around, eating inspiring food and drinking lustily but in moderation. People in this category are of normal weight - slightly overweight but with moderate muscle tone. Obsession with exercise and dieting does not fall into that category, IMHO, and obesity either indicates poor health or not caring, both of which are a turn off.
Normal weight isn't overweight.

Normal weight isn't underweight.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:01 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,914,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
Only if you're obviously Mr. Muscle when you walk in anywhere. Getting fit and maintaining fitness usually require long term discipline, a trait that I do appreciate. I think NPR did a show a month or two ago saying that fit people tend to be more financial stable too because of that (or because they're so financial stable that they wouldn't have to worry about getting a second job to support their family so they have more time for the gym).
I tried going to the gym with a personal trainer for a month. It didn't work out.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:17 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,716,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsettenurb View Post
Yes. While being in a relationship with a guy who has the body of a Greek god would be fun, most of the time the gym is the center of a really fit guy's world. I'd take a less fit, well rounded guy with many interests over the Greek god every day of the week.
I would like to give that Greek God relationship deal a try for about four weeks....

Just to make sure I'm not missing out on anything really special!!

Old 11-21-2012, 03:43 PM

8,748 posts, read 9,440,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I would like to give that Greek God relationship deal a try for about four weeks....

Just to make sure I'm not missing out on anything really special!!
Oh believe me, if you haven't at least once, you've missed out, won't be the end of the world, but glad I've been there. And yes, I'll take the well rounded one over them first. But hey, still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships