Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 06:45 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You don't get it. I think EVERYONE should accept that there MAY NOT be someone for them. Live the best life you can regardless if you have to do it single or not. If that "someone" comes along (I still think the idea of "the one" is BS) you'll have your life so appealing that "someone" will want to jump right on.
As a man, there is a problem with waiting until someone comes along. I already have to deal with the fact that a few women who seemed compatible got with someone else while I was too busy to pursue them romantically... Not to mention there were a few who I did approach, had a great initial conversation with only to find out that they are taken. >
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 06:49 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Jezzz I hope what they say is not true..that true love comes once in a life time...either I thought it was love or have never been in love- at the ripe old age of 62 - I had the dreadful realization that after so many woman in my life- it could be I have never been in true love- I might be afraid of it....if that is the case- I had better find that someone before I die...It is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all- no I did not write that. It might be a divine thing this true love- maybe evil me just does not deserve to have real human happiness?

Old 10-05-2012, 07:00 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
I believe there are a bunch of people for a bunch of people...

It's a matter of being attracted to the other person, having both of the partners being single, having compatible personalities, and having both people put in the work for the relationship.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:22 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
This must be one of the worst things you can say to someone. Why tell people lies and give them false hope? it's almost like people just say it now out of habit without actually thinking first.
There is someone for everyone, but there isn't a perfect mate for everyone.

If you lack qualities that women seek, then you need to be content with a woman lacking qualities that a man desires. For instance I have found quiet girls, and not attractive girls to be much easier. I don't particularly want to date them because I like girls who are talkative and attractive. But if I had no other choice, then I would.

If you are not willing to lower your standards, then it is your choice to remain single, and that's a perfectly good choice.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:27 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
So you'd rather.

'You're never going to find anybody and you're going to grow old, lonely and miserable and die alone.'

There's always HOPE for most people. It's not lying to them, it's encouraging them, being positive. How the heck can it be lying when you don't know for sure whether they will find someone or not? Talk about presumptious.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think it's almost like movies. Some people are the summer blockbuster who appeal to a wide-ranging audience, and some people are a low-budget cult hit or a foreign art-house film with subtitles. They have their audiences, but it's not as big.
I like how you wrote this. Makes sense. Repped.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,602 times
No, jetjockey, you've mentioned your troubles with dating
And your comment about your friends who had men leave them immediately furher confirmed my suspicion that part of your problem is your middle class blue collar demographic you hang out in.
You'd be surprised what your social life is like if you move out East over here, especially if you speak Spanish. Over here the middle class is more immigrantsvand Spanish people, whereas over there it's more American/white people with more bull****. I dunno how to describe it exactly
Hell move to Brooklyn! Tattoos, mechanic/pilot? The hipsters will eat you up! Over hthere you'll get a date just for being interesting.

Either way I refuse to belueve you're tgat hopeless, as a woman. Men want women, A LOT. And I hate to be vulgar, but however ugly you may be your... cooter isn't, if you get my drift, lol. Looks only matter so much. Guysvare horny. And even with looks, most women look good. It doesn't take much to make a good looking woman, just beingba woman makes you look good. And based on your profile pic you'revat worst a butterface. I mean it looks like you have nice boobs. That alone is enough to any woman laid at least.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
No, jetjockey, you've mentioned your troubles with dating
And your comment about your friends who had men leave them immediately furher confirmed my suspicion that part of your problem is your middle class blue collar demographic you hang out in.
You'd be surprised what your social life is like if you move out East over here, especially if you speak Spanish. Over here the middle class is more immigrantsvand Spanish people, whereas over there it's more American/white people with more bull****. I dunno how to describe it exactly
Hell move to Brooklyn! Tattoos, mechanic/pilot? The hipsters will eat you up! Over hthere you'll get a date just for being interesting.

Either way I refuse to belueve you're tgat hopeless, as a woman. Men want women, A LOT. And I hate to be vulgar, but however ugly you may be your... cooter isn't, if you get my drift, lol. Looks only matter so much. Guysvare horny. And even with looks, most women look good. It doesn't take much to make a good looking woman, just beingba woman makes you look good. And based on your profile pic you'revat worst a butterface. I mean it looks like you have nice boobs. That alone is enough to any woman laid at least.
Yeah, you're whole post, is not what she's looking for.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:26 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
This must be one of the worst things you can say to someone. Why tell people lies and give them false hope? it's almost like people just say it now out of habit without actually thinking first.

No, there is not someone for everyone. There are people out there in their 50's and 60's who have been single their whole loves, and in the end they just get used to it and accept it. I've known people just like this, and there are even tv shows about this. All these movies, songs, magazines, and especially books are to blame for this romance fairytale crap. It's all brainwashing.

It just irritates me when people say this phrase. For a lot of people, there is no happy ending. It's much better to be realistic.
I dunno. The statement, itself, is probably not the best choice of wording. I'm annoyed by the everyone-no one-always-never mentality, myself. But I believe a lot of people are alone by their own doing and their own choosing. I have seen some of the most challenged people find love. And when I say "challenged", I mean every possible scenario. If more people owned their places in life and made the effort to change what brought them there, they might not be alone. You can only blame so much on bad luck. I'm not saying there is someone for everyone, but there is more out there than a lot of you think.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:31 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
this phrase has as much truth as "all men are created equal".

platitudes sound nice until they hit the wall of reality, nothing is guaranteed in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships