Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 04:46 PM

445 posts, read 864,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Ugh! This has fast become one of my pet peeves.

That, and my friends telling me I am "too picky" while trying to steer me towards some 60 year old guy with a pot belly who wants to two-step (at a recent wedding). I am a young looking 44, not ugly, not obese, and want a guy who is halfway decent looking, and with whom I can carry on a decent conversation. I just want someone who "gets me" and who I'm attracted to. My friends who are happily married, to hot guys, with perfect cute little children, seem to look at me like someone who should be desperate and take whatever crumbs come my way.

I'd rather stay single thank you very much
What kind of "friends" have "hot guys" for mates and steer you towards Uncle Fester? Where did they meet their mates? Maybe if you did what they did, you'd get what they got. Or maybe get some new friends that are single and looking too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Getting laid is easy.

At least you admit it.

I could walk out to one of the college bars and get laid by some young, naive college boy in about 10 minutes if I wanted to. I don't want an ONS and I don't want a FWB, you seem to think that all I want to do is go out there and have sex with random people and that couldn't be farther from the truth.

It's nice to know that just owning a vagina and having 'nice boobs' is enough It's apparently not enough to attract a decent man who isn't just using me for sex. Who knew?

No. I've sent a few pictures to people on this forum (face pictures, clothed full body pictures) and it's been confirmed that I'm unattractive. I'd rather not go through that again. I actually had one guy laugh and tell me 'good luck'.

And lots of us, me included, have also said that you are very attractive. But of course our opinions don't count.

Because the vast majority of men in my age bracket don't give a crap what you are 'on the inside'. It's all about the candy coating.
See bold...

Old 10-07-2012, 08:02 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
See bold...
Most men have pretty low standards over what they'll have sex with. Some women take it as a compliment, others don't. I've worked and been friend with enough men to hear their ONS stories, or their stories about sweet talking an ugly girl into having sex with them only to laugh about it later. I won't be one of those girls.

As for the 'attractive' thing, the picture I have posted is many years old and taken with a 'fat girl' angle. I won't post anything current up on here.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:22 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Most men have pretty low standards over what they'll have sex with. Some women take it as a compliment, others don't. I've worked and been friend with enough men to hear their ONS stories, or their stories about sweet talking an ugly girl into having sex with them only to laugh about it later. I won't be one of those girls.

As for the 'attractive' thing, the picture I have posted is many years old and taken with a 'fat girl' angle. I won't post anything current up on here.
All right.....keep moving the goal posts. Have a nice life.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
All right.....keep moving the goal posts. Have a nice life.
Moving the goal posts? No so much. Just telling the truth and being realistic. So many men on here complain that women are 'too picky' and that their standards are 'too high' and when a woman says that she knows exactly where she stands all of a sudden she's wrong? It just doesn't make any sense.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:29 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,572 times
Quote:
Moving the goal posts? No so much. Just telling the truth and being realistic.
you can always lose weight if you think it's making you unattractive. Is it related to your disorder or just an excuse?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:30 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Someone for everyone? Not for some CD posters... I wont name names

Old 10-07-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
you can always lose weight if you think it's making you unattractive. Is it related to your disorder or just an excuse?
It's mostly related to my disorder. I've been working with a nutritionist and a part time personal trainer for a little over a year now and have lost a whole 15 lbs when most would have lost 50 or more. I'm working on it, but it's a lot more difficult than a 'normal' person.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
it gets annoying when people say this

Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
This must be one of the worst things you can say to someone. Why tell people lies and give them false hope? it's almost like people just say it now out of habit without actually thinking first.

No, there is not someone for everyone. There are people out there in their 50's and 60's who have been single their whole loves, and in the end they just get used to it and accept it. I've known people just like this, and there are even tv shows about this. All these movies, songs, magazines, and especially books are to blame for this romance fairytale crap. It's all brainwashing.

It just irritates me when people say this phrase. For a lot of people, there is no happy ending. It's much better to be realistic.
I agree. There is NOT someone out there for everyone. I'm proof of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships