Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 12:57 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
This is completely untrue. It's utterly specious in many cases.

I run marathons and also hang with the ultra marathon crowd and triathelete crowd. Trust me--- NO ONE is fitter than these people. There are a number of my male friends in this realm who have low testosterone. They have to take weekly shots to get their levels up to normal and before the shots had almost zero libido. Do they tell me this? NO. But their wives or S.O.'s have told me. Low testosterone affects millions of men and it's oftentimes totally unrelated to their fitness levels.

The fittest man on earth can genetically have a low libido or suffer from low T. And the fattest piece of garbage on the planet can be 80 and still balling all night.
Marathon runners and hardcore athletes/triathletes are often not the healthiest individuals. They are obviously very fit and strong, but health wise, they often have issues. Running marathons and doing other types of long, strenuous physical activity can be detrimental to health; those types of activities greatly stress the body and can compromise the body's recuperative abilities, which is why many of those people suffer frequent colds, overuse injuries, hormonal fluctuations, etc. They have strong cardiovascular systems for sure, but that is only one component affecting health.

It wouldn't surprise me if many of those folks had low T levels and sexual issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 03:35 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Marathon runners and hardcore athletes/triathletes are often not the healthiest individuals. They are obviously very fit and strong, but health wise, they often have issues. Running marathons and doing other types of long, strenuous physical activity can be detrimental to health; those types of activities greatly stress the body and can compromise the body's recuperative abilities, which is why many of those people suffer frequent colds, overuse injuries, hormonal fluctuations, etc. They have strong cardiovascular systems for sure, but that is only one component affecting health.

It wouldn't surprise me if many of those folks had low T levels and sexual issues.
Yes, extreme physical activity often has the opposite affect. Your body is too busy repairing itself to have the energy for quality sex.

Exercise and healthy living like most people here say definately comes into play but the woman your with may be a major contributor too.

Maybe it's phermones or something else but some women seem to have it working better than others. I had a gf in SD that seemed to have that affect on me. It just kept going and going with no down time. Other equally attractive women in my life have not always had the same affect

Old 04-02-2015, 03:52 PM

52,256 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
This is completely untrue. It's utterly specious in many cases.

I run marathons and also hang with the ultra marathon crowd and triathelete crowd. Trust me--- NO ONE is fitter than these people. There are a number of my male friends in this realm who have low testosterone. They have to take weekly shots to get their levels up to normal and before the shots had almost zero libido. Do they tell me this? NO. But their wives or S.O.'s have told me. Low testosterone affects millions of men and it's oftentimes totally unrelated to their fitness levels.

The fittest man on earth can genetically have a low libido or suffer from low T. And the fattest piece of garbage on the planet can be 80 and still balling all night.
LOL... you don't actually like people much do you... based on all of your posts I've read over the yrs....

Quote:

This is a much more realistic post. Long term abuse of exercise is well documented to not be good for the body.

The old adage about moderation comes into play here.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:34 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:

What an assumption. Have you ever ran an ultra marathon or did an Ironman?

I've been running marathons/ultras and Ironman's for over 10 years. Ive logged in over 2500 miles a year, for the past 5 years. I've never gotten gotten sick with the flu in over 15 years, and can't even remember having the slightest cold affect me as well. The only injury I occasionally sustain are sore feet; which can easily be remedied with tape . And my libido is phenomenal.

I'll let you in on a little secret.....it's all in the food/diet.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:01 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Here's a bigger secret: it's all in the genetics.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:07 PM

52,256 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Here's a bigger secret: it's all in the genetics.

I think you guys are both right, diet and genetics.........

I does seem odd when you hear about some old dude dying in his late 80's and he drank and smoked and didn't eat well but still lived a long time, does make you wander a bit about the genetics when those stories are coupled against the ones where people eat well take pretty good care of themselves and they die in their 50's...... IDK...

Common sense still says that you should aim to do the right stuff 80 percent of the time and goof off the other 20 and you'd probably be ok... as ok as the genes will allow.... LOL...

Old 04-02-2015, 07:15 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think you guys are both right, diet and genetics.........

I does seem odd when you hear about some old dude dying in his late 80's and he drank and smoked and didn't eat well but still lived a long time, does make you wander a bit about the genetics when those stories are coupled against the ones where people eat well take pretty good care of themselves and they die in their 50's...... IDK...

Common sense still says that you should aim to do the right stuff 80 percent of the time and goof off the other 20 and you'd probably be ok... as ok as the genes will allow.... LOL...
My granpa lived to be 98.....

Old 04-02-2015, 08:33 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
I'm in my 50s, as is the woman I'm currently seeing, and we both have high libidos. I think genetics plays a factor, as my Dad had a high libido. It's all in the mind.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:11 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

Maybe it's phermones or something else but some women seem to have it working better than others. I had a gf in SD that seemed to have that affect on me. It just kept going and going with no down time. Other equally attractive women in my life have not always had the same affect

That's it right there:

It's all about pheromones. I've been with women that are objectively really hot, but I was just not that into them. And the only way I've been able to explain it is despite their visually attractive characteristics, without the pheromones, my body just didn't respond in the same way.

Then I've been with women that might not be considered as attractive overall, compared to the rest but their pheromones are so intoxicating and addictive that I could not get enough of them and the sex was always phenomenal. In each of those situations when the relationship was over, I'm convinced I had come so use to their pheromones that in the absence of them, I was going through the equivalent of pheromone withdrawal related to their specific pheromones. It was almost like quitting a drug and the symptoms were probably similar to drug withdrawal. With one of them, a flight attendant, I use to literally overdose on her pheromones, licking every drop of sweat off her body after a four hour, marathon fest and I couldn't get enough of her. My tongue got to the point where it was on a seek and infiltrate covert ops mission to access any available point of entry on her body in a quest for more pheromones. It totally blew my mind at the time and I couldn't figure it out.

I guess in a way, that is what ultimately brings men and women together in what might be called 'love' or lust.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:49 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
What an assumption. Have you ever ran an ultra marathon or did an Ironman?

I've been running marathons/ultras and Ironman's for over 10 years. Ive logged in over 2500 miles a year, for the past 5 years. I've never gotten gotten sick with the flu in over 15 years, and can't even remember having the slightest cold affect me as well. The only injury I occasionally sustain are sore feet; which can easily be remedied with tape . And my libido is phenomenal.

Well, we might as well close this thread now, because Hawaiian C has found the ultimate answer as to whether intense, prolonged exercise might negatively impact health and libido: No, it does not! Case closed. No further discussion needed. It's all food and diet. Exercise type, intensity, and frequency have no bearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships