Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 05:08 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times

Advertisements

I am very interested in this topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 AM

9 posts, read 65,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im dating a 39 year old that has a libido probably higher than any man alive .
It sounds like you appreciate him, in which case he's a lucky guy! Because it's no fun to want a lot of sex if your partner doesn't.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:04 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam10 View Post
Because it's no fun to want a lot of sex if your partner doesn't.
So true.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:02 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Most of mens low libido issues are mental rather than physiological. Stress is one of the biggest killers for both genders.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:26 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im dating a 39 year old that has a libido probably higher than any man alive .

It is OUT OF THIS WORLD. This person is horny all the time and my first boyfriend was a VERY horny guy in his 20s .
But this guy is another story. He is also magnificient in bed. Near 40 and can keep going like the duracell bunny. Come on! It is insane.

The 20 and 30 year olds i dated make me wanna cry of shame when i compare them to this 40 year old stud.
Say it ain't so!

By reading this board one would assume the man is washed up or getting close to it when he reaches that age.

Just Sunday I commented on two posts which were nothing more than stereotypical ignorant nonsense. I'm 58 and I have high energy. It's a shame I'm wasting it on myself but that's the way it goes. The only thing I noticed a slight slowdown is the re-charge thing but it's not major.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:36 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam10 View Post
It sounds like you appreciate him, in which case he's a lucky guy! Because it's no fun to want a lot of sex if your partner doesn't.
I want sex as much as him of course. But im a 30 y/o girl we are supposed to be in our prime sexually at this age, while men at 40 (and according to this thread, even earlier! -like late 20s-) are supposed to have low libido or that nonsense. I never knew someone with such HIGH libido like this 40 year old. And, even more, i knew very well a very young early 20s guy with very low libido. And lets say all the other people i ever slept with in my life (most of them in their 20s, one in his 30s) have much lower libido than this guy. Ok, i only slept with 8 men in my life. But, in any case, the 40 y/o is by far the best one in every freaking aspect including knowing how to treat a woman in bed, listening, being the right amount of tender/savage, thinking about pleasing her, lasting, recharging, and everything else you can imagine. It is out of this world now i have a new appretiation for older men i might even consider to go out with a 50 y/o in the near future

Old 07-23-2013, 04:47 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Your libido should not even start to wain until you as a male enter your 60s. If it does it is from lack of use. Nature dictates "use it or lose it" - I remember after my father died and my mother finally started to date "Old Sam" ...He was a wealthy old man and my mother was a bit of a gypsy. One day we were having a conversation regarding how she was getting along with her new companion. She complained that the old guy was always horny..I said to my dear old mum..."So what are you saying that old same who is 83 could get a woman pregnant?" I was trying to be polite....She proclaimed there was no stopping this guy....Some men have a strong life long interest in woman...Old Sam was one of them.

Some woman complain that men in their 60s who still have it do not want to date woman in their own age range..that they seek out woman in the 40s. I agree..for a man who has passed the age of 60 - a 40 year old female is considered hot young stuff. I truly believe that sex is healing and prolongs life...once a male stops having sex nature will say to him...you have stopped producing...you are out of here...you are fired and kicked out the breeding stock set.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
A great site for these kinds of questions is www.goaskalice.com. The site is maintained by health scientists and healthcare professionals at Columbia university. It's a great resource. Anyhow, their answer...

Read the rest here.

Men's sex drive and age | Go Ask Alice!
I just read the article which is close to 20 years old and I experience nothing that is said about my age group.

I do not know if this has anything to do with it but I am a healthy eater (and have been for years), drink a lot of water, and abstain from alcohol (except for an occasional beer).

Or maybe the article is just outdated.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Your libido should not even start to wain until you as a male enter your 60s. If it does it is from lack of use. Nature dictates "use it or lose it" - I remember after my father died and my mother finally started to date "Old Sam" ...He was a wealthy old man and my mother was a bit of a gypsy. One day we were having a conversation regarding how she was getting along with her new companion. She complained that the old guy was always horny..I said to my dear old mum..."So what are you saying that old same who is 83 could get a woman pregnant?" I was trying to be polite....She proclaimed there was no stopping this guy....Some men have a strong life long interest in woman...Old Sam was one of them.

Some woman complain that men in their 60s who still have it do not want to date woman in their own age range..that they seek out woman in the 40s. I agree..for a man who has passed the age of 60 - a 40 year old female is considered hot young stuff. I truly believe that sex is healing and prolongs life...once a male stops having sex nature will say to him...you have stopped producing...you are out of here...you are fired and kicked out the breeding stock set.
I'm still a couple of years away from 60 but the main reason I would prefer someone in the 40s age range is due to my energy level.

As far as the prolonging life - I asked a doctor if there was a difference between actually having sex with someone and masturbation. He could not or would not give me an answer. I was a bit ticked at his attitude and it was a main reason why I recently changed doctors.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:13 PM

9 posts, read 65,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I just read the article which is close to 20 years old and I experience nothing that is said about my age group.

I do not know if this has anything to do with it but I am a healthy eater (and have been for years), drink a lot of water, and abstain from alcohol (except for an occasional beer).

Or maybe the article is just outdated.
You're right. One statement in that Go Ask Alice! response is poorly worded, if not just dead wrong. It says "On a related vein, with the invention and widespread use of male and female prescriptions, some individuals may prolong their sexual prowess indefinitely". Which strongly implies that without drugs, nobody could continue indefinitely, and that even with drugs, only some people can. It would seem this entry was written by an uninformed person with a certain image of older people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships