Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 04:10 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
The OP.
I'm sure he'll feel better once he gets it all off his chest, maybe a nice workout or something will help.

Then he'll go out and meet a young lady who won't make him play stupid, silly games in order to prove his worthiness. Leave that to ol girl and a guy with supreme confidence and conversation skills.

Then the OP will be happy, probably making plans to go salsa dancing with this fine young lady, while ol girl is down at CVS picking up some Plan B and what little dignity she has left from Mr. Conversationalist using her face as a bull's eye.

Okay, maybe a little dramatic, but I hope things turn around for him. I know guys like him, one was a former roommate, how it affects them and that's why I take a liking to his situation.

Btw, I'd rather he vent on a forum than with alcohol, drugs, abuse. Etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 04:11 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
All of these problems would be over if he just got himself a suitable partner.

TrueCompanion - The World
If someone found someone suitable for them, these threads probably wouldn't exist.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:12 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If someone found someone suitable for them, these threads probably wouldn't exist.
I think this guys first mistake is going for something with a pulse.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:17 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
I think this guys first mistake is going for something with a pulse.
I think if he just tries to talk to some women, which goes for longer than 5 minutes, he'd build off of it and be OK.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:19 PM

To be honest I don't really understand what his complaint is...is he complaining because he has to make conversation?

Old 10-07-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
To be honest I don't really understand what his complaint is...is he complaining because he has to make conversation?
I think it's partly because of the assumptions made by some women because of a guy's ability to hold a convo, like how good you are in bed, relationship material, etc.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:25 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I think it's partly because of the assumptions made by some women because of a guy's ability to hold a convo, like how good you are in bed, relationship material, etc.

Well, if you can't have a conversation how could anyone get to know him? Almost all social interactions START with small talk of some sort. I don't meet someone and lead with what I feel is the meaning of life - not if I don't want them to run away.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:25 PM

Well if you can't hold a conversation you pretty much are useless as any of those things...it would go without saying...wouldn't it?

Old 10-07-2012, 04:35 PM

Thing is with him, approaching women makes him nervous at times and therefore he gets disqualified because he isn't as smooth and refined as other guys. Women may lose interest quickly, and it's no fault of his.

Those guys are pros, get women to buy what they're selling. And while some of those guys turn out to be douches just looking for an easy lay or two, he feels he's a good guy with a lot to offer who gets shunned...all because he isn't as socially gifted as those guys are.

As a result, women make assumptions that he sucks in bed, has a personality of a brillo pad, etc.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Thing is with him, approaching women makes him nervous at times and therefore he gets disqualified because he isn't as smooth and refined as other guys. Women may lose interest quickly, and it's no fault of his.

Those guys are pros, get women to buy what they're selling. And while some of those guys turn out to be douches just looking for an easy lay or two, he feels he's a good guy with a lot to offer who gets shunned...all because he isn't as socially gifted as those guys are.
Here's where you are wrong - not all men are either smooth, charming d-bags or shy, unrefined quality men. There are lots of quality men out there who are comfortable talking with women. And many quality women that are looking for more than a one night stand can tell the difference between a d-bag and a good guy.

The only way you can really get to know someone is by talking with them. If you are incapable of carrying on a conversation with someone - it's going to be pretty darn hard for anyone to get to know you or for you to get to know anyone. There has to be a certain level of comfort when talking with someone in order for you to want to get to know them better. And having a lot of pent up rage and blame toward the opposite sex isn't going to help things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships