Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 11:45 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,336,785 times

Advertisements

What a week

First, an ex-boyfriend who had expressed an interest in getting back together, and who had been sending me flirty e-mails, and telling me how sorry he was for what led to our break up, has apparently been dating someone else for quite a while and just neglected to tell me about it He admitted it when I asked him a direct question. He was probably the one person I loved the most in my life, and the continuous reminders of how much I was fooled just keep twisting the knife deeper.

Then, a guy I dated briefly 11 years ago sent me an e-mail wanting to get back in touch because he's deploying to Afghanistan. Cry me a river, he was verbally abusive and just a total sociopath. He's married to a women he doesn't love, because he's afraid of losing his son. We dated when he was separated from his wife and trying to get divorced. When it became clear that he would lose his son in the divorce, he pretended to be sorry and manipulated his wife into taking him back. We were long broken up at that point, but still friends. I stayed friends with him after dumping him for screaming at me and calling me names because it seemed that he had some issues from being abused as a child, and other stress that contributed to his anger. I gave it a shot, but it didn't work and I cut off all contact. The last straw was when I reached out to him after my broken engagement and he started yelling at me that my problems were nothing, and the fact that he has high cholesterol and could die soon was much more important He has e-mailed me about once a year since then (six years) and I have never responded at all, just deleted his e-mails. So this week I get the annual e-mail, but this one is longer than the the previous ones. He apologized if I took his attempt at humor six years ago the wrong way, and said he really would like to write to me from Afghanistan. I deleted the e-mail without responding. Six years, really? Why on Earth would a guy keep writing to someone who obviously wants nothing to do with him?

Continuing down this road littered with exes, another ex-boyfriend who I stayed friends with (15 years now) has been e-mailing me recently, making sexually suggestive remarks. He is also married, but doesn't seem too happy in his marriage.

Apparently I wasn't "good enough" for any of these guys to treat well and make a commitment to back when we were together, but I'm good enough for this kind of crap? I never thought of myself as the type of girl who was good enough to ****, but not good enough to marry but that seems to be how all these guys see me.

A couple of exes have told me they wished we'd never broken up and that I was the best girlfriend ever. Why didn't they realize this back then? It's too late now, they're married to women they cheat on, but here I am, still alone.

Just needed to vent a little today. I'm going out to dinner with a bunch of girl friends tonight. Maybe some girl talk and margaritas will make me feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 11:47 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,951,880 times
Margaritas are magical

I hope you have a great time with the girls.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:57 AM

52,065 posts, read 52,525,617 times
Have fun with the girls.

A margarita or two couldn't be bad....

Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,102,870 times
Enjoy the time out with good friends. Vent, Have some chicken wings, Dance if they do that at the venue and talk to good looking guys if you spot any. These exes have moved on, As have you but they have since become unhappy with their partners-That's THEIR problem. They are reaching out to you as a solution, An escape. It's often easier to look back then to boldly go forward and this is an example. When 2 people break up, It's usually for a reason regardless of who contributed to it. I unfortunately see to many people keeping exes in their lives and creating drama in the future. Not worth it. Now go hit that bar!

Old 10-07-2012, 12:33 PM

17,626 posts, read 22,595,462 times
Have a beautiful day, darlin'.

Have a shot of tequila for me...

We have enjoyed many wonderful meal's & pitchers of Margarita's, nachos with salsa, at Jardines in San Juan Bautista, CA. Many times outside in their beautiful patio. Photos for Jardines De San Juan | Yelp

jardiensrestaurant_home

Old 10-07-2012, 03:07 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,863,485 times
TT still posts here? Holy crap, thought she had moved on to bigger and better things.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:58 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,540,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
What a week

First, an ex-boyfriend who had expressed an interest in getting back together, and who had been sending me flirty e-mails, and telling me how sorry he was for what led to our break up, has apparently been dating someone else for quite a while and just neglected to tell me about it He admitted it when I asked him a direct question. He was probably the one person I loved the most in my life, and the continuous reminders of how much I was fooled just keep twisting the knife deeper.

Then, a guy I dated briefly 11 years ago sent me an e-mail wanting to get back in touch because he's deploying to Afghanistan. Cry me a river, he was verbally abusive and just a total sociopath. He's married to a women he doesn't love, because he's afraid of losing his son. We dated when he was separated from his wife and trying to get divorced. When it became clear that he would lose his son in the divorce, he pretended to be sorry and manipulated his wife into taking him back. We were long broken up at that point, but still friends. I stayed friends with him after dumping him for screaming at me and calling me names because it seemed that he had some issues from being abused as a child, and other stress that contributed to his anger. I gave it a shot, but it didn't work and I cut off all contact. The last straw was when I reached out to him after my broken engagement and he started yelling at me that my problems were nothing, and the fact that he has high cholesterol and could die soon was much more important He has e-mailed me about once a year since then (six years) and I have never responded at all, just deleted his e-mails. So this week I get the annual e-mail, but this one is longer than the the previous ones. He apologized if I took his attempt at humor six years ago the wrong way, and said he really would like to write to me from Afghanistan. I deleted the e-mail without responding. Six years, really? Why on Earth would a guy keep writing to someone who obviously wants nothing to do with him?

Continuing down this road littered with exes, another ex-boyfriend who I stayed friends with (15 years now) has been e-mailing me recently, making sexually suggestive remarks. He is also married, but doesn't seem too happy in his marriage.

Apparently I wasn't "good enough" for any of these guys to treat well and make a commitment to back when we were together, but I'm good enough for this kind of crap? I never thought of myself as the type of girl who was good enough to ****, but not good enough to marry but that seems to be how all these guys see me.

A couple of exes have told me they wished we'd never broken up and that I was the best girlfriend ever. Why didn't they realize this back then? It's too late now, they're married to women they cheat on, but here I am, still alone.

Just needed to vent a little today. I'm going out to dinner with a bunch of girl friends tonight. Maybe some girl talk and margaritas will make me feel better.
Hope by now you are on your way out the door to enjoy your girls night - sounds like you need it

I'm sorry for all the emotional upheaval you've gone through this week

But do realize, you dodged quite the barrage of bullets with all these clowns, no matter how sorry they are now that they ever let you go.

Just think, YOU could be one of those wives being cheated on right now

Feel better, you deserve the best!

Old 10-08-2012, 09:06 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,336,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
TT still posts here? Holy crap, thought she had moved on to bigger and better things.
Nah, just sick and tired of relationship crap and figured if I didn't care anymore, I'd have nothing to add to the forum, and nothing to learn ('cause the knowledge would never get used). I'm fast turning into one of those jaded bitter old man-haters

OK, not really.

I'll be popping back in a bit more often, at least to catch up on the drama. There are a lot of new "faces" around here

Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,144,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
What a week

Honey you are better off just as you are without any of them being attached at the hip. I hope you have a really great evening and enjoy a relaxing visit with your friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships