Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I feel like whenever someone leads off with something about where are all the good men, or good looking men....it speaks more to the individual asking the question than it does the lack of these types of men.

I think if you're focus is on how someone else should meet your expectations then you're setting yourself up for perpetual disappointment and plenty of time alone.

Better question for the OP to ask: What do I bring to a relationship? What can I do to make someone happy? What am I doing to better myself and improve my own life outside of pursuing a relationship?

You are reading far too much into the subject title...it was a post I wanted to make based on a post about "quality, attractive women" started by another person here on CD. It was in good fun. Lighten up, lol. What am I doing to better myself? Well, let's see...I do volunteer work at a wildlife conservation museum, I created a program to provide mentors for special education students back when I was in HS, and I'm holding a 4.0 GPA in a pre-vet curriculum (with a double minor on top of my B.S. in Public Health)...I think I'm improving myself quite well, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 03:53 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Hmmm....I'm skeptical. Judging by your pictures (you're pretty), I'll go out on a limb and predict the following conversation:

Me: I'm sure you get asked out a lot.
You: No I don't.
Me: So nobody EVER asks you out?
You: Well, yeah they do, but it's never guys that I want.
Me: Well what about that guy? oints to a guy:
You: No, he has an ugly shirt. I can't date guys that wear ugly shirts.
Me: Well what about him? oints to someone else:
You: No, he has a beard. I don't date guys with beards.
Me: Him?
You: Disgusting. The pinky on his left hand is slightly longer than the pinky on his right hand.

Does that sound right?
Nope, not even close.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:53 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I'm looking too

A nice tall guy, broad shoulders, good job, ...where are you??
How tall and how broad

Old 10-08-2012, 03:56 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Nope, not even close.

Make your list of qualities

Old 10-08-2012, 03:59 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,602 times
dude, I gotta be homnest, you're not that pretty or hot. Even if those are old pics from when you were young and you look different, you're not that hot. There's nothing particularly special about you. You're "pretty", but just generic pretty.

Here's a thgouht, to you and all women, how about you try and actually date someone on that, you know, DATING site? How the hell do you know for sure that each of those 100+ men are not quality men? Answer is, you don't. And let's not forget, men always look worse in photos, cameras are no friend to men.

And get rid of your list. Remember, you're going to be dating a person, not a list. A person with all his flaws and experiences and everything. Part of life. Grow up and engage in the human condition.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:01 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
You are reading far too much into the subject title...it was a post I wanted to make based on a post about "quality, attractive women" started by another person here on CD. It was in good fun. Lighten up, lol. What am I doing to better myself? Well, let's see...I do volunteer work at a wildlife conservation museum, I created a program to provide mentors for special education students back when I was in HS, and I'm holding a 4.0 GPA in a pre-vet curriculum (with a double minor on top of my B.S. in Public Health)...I think I'm improving myself quite well, thanks!
You're still young then, what are you worried about? Who cares what other people think or want? Let them drown in their own misery. If you are so busy and happy then you wouldn't care about this. Go enjoy the life you claim is treating you so well then.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:02 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
dude, I gotta be homnest, you're not that pretty or hot. Even if those are old pics from when you were young and you look different, you're not that hot. There's nothing particularly special about you. You're "pretty", but just generic pretty.

Here's a thgouht, to you and all women, how about you try and actually date someone on that, you know, DATING site? How the hell do you know for sure that each of those 100+ men are not quality men? Answer is, you don't. And let's not forget, men always look worse in photos, cameras are no friend to men.

And get rid of your list. Remember, you're going to be dating a person, not a list. A person with all his flaws and experiences and everything. Part of life. Grow up and engage in the human condition.
Brutal.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:03 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,095 times
Wish I could tell you but in my observation, the vast majority of men are not that great looking. Many don't know how to dress, wear their hair or present themselves in a sexy or attractive way.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:03 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post

Eh, pretty is good enough for me.

I don't think people should get rid of a list, there are certain qualities of people that actually make them unpleasant to be around with.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Brutal.
Sometimes the truth is brutal.

When I sent my pictures to a few people to get an opinion, only 1 had anything nice to say. The rest said I was unattractive, mediocre or just plain ugly.

One needs to know where they stand without sugar coating it.

I actually think she's pretty cute, but I'm a chick so my opinion really doesn't matter much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships