Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 06:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Look at this. Over half of them wouldn't even be considered normal. They are chubby. A few are normal sized, but the majority is chubby with belly fat hanging out.

Search by Height, Weight - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like
So, what you're saying is that weight doesn't matter, it's how it's distributed?

Because some of those women are 'chubby' but some look really, ridiculously good and thin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I wouldn't call overweight people lazy.
I myself am 180 at 5ft 6in.
But,I also work 2 jobs. I wouldn't say that I'm lazy,its just no time for exercising.

Most overweght people I know work a full time job.
Thats a cop-out.
Since you don't exercise, you need to decrease your calories to accommodate and you wouldn't be overweight.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:42 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,174 times
My definition of fat is different than the airheads who posted that Kate Upton article. When I think of fat, I think of the women from Facts of Life, Weird Al Yankovic's "Fat" video, that big woman from House of Payne, or even Brenda "I'm so hungreh!" from the movie Slither.

I know a handful of former high school hotties practically exploded and this was just before they had kids and its become a crutch for them to keep it on. Honestly, I don't ever recall any of them doing exercise or even going to a gym and work cushy sit down jobs and bicker about nothing.

A couple of former jocks I know are heading down that road. One guy looks completely different without his muscles, one day we were moving furniture and it was just weird seeing him struggle with a recliner while I was able to carry one with ease. The other is pretty darn fat now.

Some of them used to jump my arse for having a belly and flab maliciously, as mean as this sounds I consider it poetic justice. I hate sounding insensitive but it felt kinda good for the scales to be tipped.

Oh hey, I made a funny.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That is one ugly fat woman! But this photo looks like she's a completely different age from the photo posted earlier. She must've been a lot younger in the earlier photo.
I actually got in an argument with a few guy friends of mine who were calling her a fat cow and going on and on and on about how gross she was and that she shouldn't even be allowed in public.

Considering none of them looked like GQ models by any stretch of the imagination I had a lot of fun with the argument

Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Thats a cop-out.
Since you don't exercise, you need to decrease your calories to accommodate and you wouldn't be overweight.

Maybe she doesn't care if she's overweight. I don't know if that's true or not. I don't know why so many others would invest time in anyone else's caloric intake or pondering the whys of some person's weight that they don't even know unless they were that person's doctor or trainer or something.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:47 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
GGs, actually.

And I do have wide hips. Even when I was 115 lbs or so I still wore a women's size 10 because that's how big my hips were.

Some women are just built differently, I'll NEVER be a VS model no matter how much I weigh. I have a deep ribcage and wide hip bones. And I'm 6'1, not 5'10. I'm slightly overweight right now yet at my height I still wear a comfortable size 14. Most people peg my weight at around 50 lbs less than I actually weigh.
This bolded supports our argument about the problem with this country when it comes to weight. Our view of what is overweight and normal is so skewed, it allows people to justify their high weight when it shouldn't matter whether people think you are 50lbs lighter or not. It happened to me. When i lost 50lbs, people undershot my weight by 40lbs. I was still obese, but to alot of people I looked normal. If I was like most people, I would have stopped and said I was done losing, but the reality was, I still had a lot of work to do. Just because people peg you to be lighter, doesn't mean its ok to be overweight

Old 10-09-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
This bolded supports our argument about the problem with this country when it comes to weight. Our view of what is overweight and normal is so skewed, it allows people to justify their high weight when it shouldn't matter whether people think you are 50lbs lighter or not. It happened to me. When i lost 50lbs, people undershot my weight by 40lbs. I was still obese, but to alot of people I looked normal. If I was like most people, I would have stopped and said I was done losing, but the reality was, I still had a lot of work to do. Just because people peg you to be lighter, doesn't mean its ok to be overweight
I'm just saying that people have a VERY skewed view on what people actually weigh. They think VS models are 'normal' when they're actually very underweight, and if a woman carries weight in a natural way (hips and boobs in my case) they think they're a normal weight. If a woman carries it in her arms or stomach, she's fat. If she carries it in her hips and breasts, she's a-ok. Two women can weigh the exact same amount but carry it differently and one will be called a fatty while they other will be considered normal.

Personally, I don't really care what the number on my scale is right now, I get regular bloodwork, MRIs, xrays and Dexa Scans due to a medical condition I have and they all say I'm perfectly healthy. I'm working on losing weight, but shaming me by telling me I'm fat doesn't help, contrary to popular belief.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:51 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Maybe she doesn't care if she's overweight. I don't know if that's true or not. I don't know why so many others would invest time in anyone else's caloric intake or pondering the whys of some person's weight that they don't even know unless they were that person's doctor or trainer or something.
keep in mind, this topic started about our wibes letting themselves go. As always, it veered off into a bigger discussion about weight in general.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:52 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Overweight = unhealthy. If someone doesn't care about their health, then they should.
Your health is most important thing you got.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Overweight = unhealthy. If someone doesn't care about their health, then they should.
Your health is most important thing you got.
Thin can also equal unhealthy.

Some of us don't even have our health, so be lucky if you have even that, regardless of your weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships