Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,675,099 times

Advertisements

I was in my mid 20's and a good friend had a collage firend coming to town and she wanted to know if I would be willing to go on a double date. Now, the info was my date was older, about 13 years older. She was supposidly very good looking , very intelligent and much fun to be around. I was told that this wasn't a sexual date and was more just to have someone for her to hang with (unless things went real well ). Basically a beautiful female that I am going to be glad I dated.

Showed up and HORROR!!!!!!!!!! , it was the fill in teacher from my senior year in high school!!!!!!!!!! What made it worst was I though she was smoking hot back then and tried to put the moves on her and was put in my place. Well she recognized me and and just couldn;t stop laughing and saying "Oh my god!!" That whole night was about me trying to score with her in high school.

Sadly, I still thought she was smoking hot for her age and wouldn't hestiated to try again, but alas, it was high school all over again and I was still seen as that student.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
I have two.

One was an online date and we were going to grab some lunch at a local deli. I walked up and he wasn't there yet so I waited in front. I saw him walking down the street and recognized him so I did a little wave and smile. He got a bit closer, took one look at me, recognized me, turned around and just left. That was a bit of a shock...he didn't even say hi, just turned and left.

Second one was another online date where he spent the ENTIRE night on his phone. He answered at least 4 calls and was texting the entire time. He couldn't remember my name and kept asking me the same questions over and over again. He got up, went to the bathroom, came back over to the table and said 'It was nice hanging out' then left me with the bill.

I have super great luck

Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 AM

216 posts, read 448,817 times
OK, I was the bad date for this one. Met a girl online, went for the quick 5 minute coffee thing, instantly click. End up talking for 3 more hours!
Make plans to go see show that weekend. The band wasn't my cup of teas, but I wen because I liked her, not the music. Still, the vibe was good and people were happy.
I ended up drinking a little more than I should of, which is an understatement. I ended up passed out in the bathroom, arms wrapped around the base of the toilet, like I was hugging it. Get kicked of the bar, she's annoyed but not overly pissed. Says "Well I guess I'd better drive you home then....."
I was so drunk I puked all over the backseat of her car on the way home. She didn't seem to notice, or she noticed but was so mad the just shut up about it.
Get home, she's helping me into my suite - I lived in a basement suite at the time. As she's helping me down the stairs, I lose my footing. I grab her sweater, pulling her down with me! She ends up falling all the way down the stairs, and ended up spraining her wrist! ( I found about this all afterwards, from a very nasty text the next day)
She leaves me in the bathroom, and as I'm puking into the toilet, smashed the lid on me so hard it split my head open. To this day I still have the scar.
Needless to say, I never got another date...just vicious text messages.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,718,761 times
My worst dates were generally due to my own bad behavior.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:13 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,716 times
Prom. It was bittersweet. Went home early...

Old 10-10-2012, 06:19 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,750,615 times
well first she insulted my car LOL, I was all prepared to get something nice to eat than she says I don't feel good let's split subway....we watch the movie, dropped her off at her house and before I could say good night she's out of that car like a bat outta hell.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:04 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,026 times
I thought of one...not quite as bad as some of these (I'm so sorry for you all...yikes!), but definitely the least fun date...and this guy was my boyfriend at the time! lol (but not for very long after). This was several years ago when I was in HS.

We went with my family for a day trip to Colorado Springs (about an hour from Denver) to go to Garden of the Gods, and then to ride the Cog Train up Pike's Peak. I wasn't feeling well anyway, and my boyfriend (we'd been "exclusive" for about three weeks at that point) was just hanging all over me...it was really irritating me. I'm not a fan of PDA, and he was trying to kiss me in the gift shop at Garden of the Gods...I just pushed him away. Then, on the way to the Cog Train station, my younger brother (who has a developmental disability), out of nowhere had a major allergy attack. We had no tissues in the car, so we stopped at a convenience store, and my dad ran in to get tissues. He came out with toilet paper. I was mortified, lol. They didn't have any boxed tissues. So, we're toting toilet paper onto the cog train, and my brother sits directly across from my boyfriend. Not once, but TWICE my brother sneezed large amounts of snot onto my boyfriend's lap. Secretly I thought it was funny, but yet, it was embarassing. He took it in stride, but it was a LONG ride up that mountain. And then when we did get to the top of Pike's Peak, the altitude got to me...I felt really, really bad. It was just a long, bad day....we broke up about a month later, lol.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM

7,034 posts, read 14,476,279 times
Not sure if it even counts as a date anymore or not but..

She brought another guy when I went to get her.

Needless to say, I just walked away.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
First guy I met from online. We agreed to meet at TGIFridays. He told me to look for the guy with the loudest shirt. He wasn't kidding. Sad part was he really thought he looked sharp in that shirt. We ate and were about to part ways, but he wanted to take me for ice cream (he was really pushy about it.) I thought to myself "What's another hour?" even though I knew I wasn't interested. So I reluctantly agreed. Apparently the ice cream he wanted was over an hour drive away. He also gave me a tour of his "favorite place" which was a desolate boatyard (and it was dark by the time we got there.) Had I known these details prior to agreeing, I would have gone home for ice cream. The best part of the night was when he placed his hand on my thigh during the drive. I turned to him and stated "I don't like to be touched." (There's a lot more to this story, including my sister and good friend showing up to watch me and my date. )

Met a guy online. He drove 7 hours to meet me. He pulled up and got out. I got him Burger King and sent him back on his way. (He was not how he portrayed himself to be and I warned him ahead of time that if "it" wasn't there, I wasn't going to play games and mislead him.)

Old 10-10-2012, 01:27 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
That's easy. I was in college and there was this woman in one of my classes who always flirted outrageously with me. I mean, she was nice, but no great shakes. So when she overheard me and some buddies talking about going to the midnight showing of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, she clapped her hands together and said, "Oh, I looooove that movie." So I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Okay. I'll pick you up."

We have drinks and go to the movie. Fifteen minutes into the movie, she leans over and says, "This movie is terrible. Why do you think this is funny?" I knew right then we had nothing to talk about and I took her home. I got back before the movie was even halfway over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships