Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 01:33 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,285,296 times

Advertisements

My worst dates have been with CAPs (Catholic American Princesses) - yes, I know I'm redundant, who were very prissy, overly conservative, and whose lives had played out like "perfect families" and expected that charade to continue.

My best dates have been with women who were not uptight about life, school, and whatnot, were brought up in a religious household but not fanatical and/or practicing, were plain-old middle class, and could laugh at anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 01:33 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,949,703 times
While out on a date a few years ago, the guy asked me if I smoked. I told him I did and then he proceeded to blabber on about the dangers of smoking. Blah, blah, blah. I let him go on for a few minutes and finally shot back with, "Well at least I can afford my habit. You don't even have a job!"

Yeah, I never heard from Mr. High and not so mighty.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 PM

936 posts, read 2,055,547 times
This was a while ago. I met a woman through a friend of a friend. I asked her out to dinner and a play, and she says yes.

So I pick her up at her place. She asks where we were going, and I tell her we had a reservation at this tapas bar near the theater. And then she just LOSES IT--screaming, ranting, raging, calling me every name she can think of. I'm standing there like a deer in headlights, hands up, thinking she's about to slug me across the teeth.

All of a sudden she stops, looks at me all red-faced, and says, "Um...did you say 'topless' or 'tapas'"?

Needless to say, dinner was a bit awkward for both of us.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,007,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
This was a while ago. I met a woman through a friend of a friend. I asked her out to dinner and a play, and she says yes.

So I pick her up at her place. She asks where we were going, and I tell her we had a reservation at this tapas bar near the theater. And then she just LOSES IT--screaming, ranting, raging, calling me every name she can think of. I'm standing there like a deer in headlights, hands up, thinking she's about to slug me across the teeth.

All of a sudden she stops, looks at me all red-faced, and says, "Um...did you say 'topless' or 'tapas'"?

Needless to say, dinner was a bit awkward for both of us.
HAHAHAHA.

I had a nearly identical conversation with MrsCPG when we had first started dating. She went to Chicago on biz. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, this guy in our office was about to be a dad, so some guy had the great idea of organizing the first All-Male Baby Shower, which naturally wound up at a strip club.

So the next day, she called me up and we compared notes on our evenings. "I went to a tapas bar last night!" she said. "Really? I did, too. But I didn't think that was your kind of thing." She cleared matters up posthaste.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:47 PM

313 posts, read 328,729 times
To put it simple, I found out she was bisexual. She ended up walking home or maybe took the bus I don't know .....

I want a woman with womanly qualities not one who sees women as a man sees women.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,395,006 times
My absolute worst date was a tie breaker between a guy who took his sister's Mercedez and made me wait just so he can roll up in his sister's car and make it seem like it was his, and another one with a guy who sat there asking me a million and one questions that had nothing to do with anything such as why I chose to buy cat eye glasses and how come my watch is a cuff link watch.

I wanted to shoot myself in both scenarios. At least guy#2 wasn't trying to be a pimp. Guy#1 I couldn't stand when we were dancing on the dancefloor and he kept hovering over me like he was dancing like Gumby.

Rule #1- please don't be a player. Rule #2- please don't ask questions that attempt to generalize. Two biggest turnoffs.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,733,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Prom. It was bittersweet. Went home early...
Aw that's a shame.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,230 times
Trying to forget that day :-D

Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 AM

37,076 posts, read 42,043,953 times
This was in the 70's and I was 18 and working at my first office job. A delivery guy approached me in the parking lot and we started talking. He seemed nice and he asked for my number and then called for a date. I was still living with my parents, a bit sheltered, and not really experienced with guys at this point. He showed up, no lie, wearing a purple hat with a feather in it. A pimp hat, seriously. As soon as we pulled away from he house he pulled out a bong from under his seat and starts it up. I politely refuse to take a hit. Then we cruz the blvd on the way to the movies while he shows off his hat/bong to other drivers while he talks about how much he'd like to have sex with me. I told him that wasn't going to happen. We were supposed to go to dinner after the show but I had him take me home instead. I wasn't scared at any point, just annoyed at the situation.

Later I found out that my dad had to physically restrain my mom from coming after us as we left, he said "she has to learn on her own.." and boy did I ever. Getting picked up in parking lots isn't nearly as romantic as it sounds. HAHA

Old 10-11-2012, 01:40 AM

1,468 posts, read 2,144,327 times
Cheesecake Factory with a gamer. YES, really. I know my story is nowhere near the worst but he was boring! Even better, he expected me to keep talking to him. I had to lie to my parents about where I was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships