Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:43 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

About a year and a half ago, I was waiting for my train and this older man (maybe 50's or 60's) starts talking to me. He starts telling me about how his sister is a pastor (or something like that) and he was up here visiting her. He chats about the weather. Then he starts talking about how the Clintons live nearby. Then he asks me if I think Bill has a f*** pad in the city. I was sitting there thinking, "Why on EARTH would this guy think this was an acceptable conversation to have with a total stranger!"

I've got a bunch more of these - seems like I run into a lot of strange people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
About a year and a half ago, I was waiting for my train and this older man (maybe 50's or 60's) starts talking to me. He starts telling me about how his sister is a pastor (or something like that) and he was up here visiting her. He chats about the weather. Then he starts talking about how the Clintons live nearby. Then he asks me if I think Bill has a f*** pad in the city. I was sitting there thinking, "Why on EARTH would this guy think this was an acceptable conversation to have with a total stranger!"

I've got a bunch more of these - seems like I run into a lot of strange people!
I wonder why so many of these things occur at train stations and airports. Maybe people feel like they're not home, but they're not anywhere else yet, like they're in some kind of etiquette-free no-man's land, so they say whatever they want.

For example, my ex was waiting at an airport to pick me up. A man approached him and said, "You're showing."

"Huh?"

"You're showing."

My ex looked down. Nope. Fly was up. But he was going commando as a surprise for me. Although he didn't exactly wear nut-huggers, maybe the man picked up on it somehow.

My ex just said, "Well, I'm waiting for my wife."

"Oh, sorry."

And the man walked away.

Ugh.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Sarasota actually has a nice little airport. Easy car rental, easy access. And it's actually cheaper to fly into than Tampa/St. Pete. I highly recommend it. But this stuff happens a lot to me. It always gets duly reported to MrsCPG, who thinks its kind of funny. One time we were at a reception and had split up to talk to people when this woman strolled up to her, pointed me out and asked, "Is that guy taken?"

"I think so," she replied. "But why don't you go ask him yourself?"

Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,224 times
I had some dude follow and talk to me while grocery shopping. I got rid of him by browsing the feminine hygiene items

Poof!

LOL

Old 10-10-2012, 12:14 PM

22 posts, read 36,193 times
Default that never happens to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
That's really weird!! Do you think she was hitting on you or just decided you looked technology savvy to help her with her online profile?

Very weird indeed! She had to have been coming on to him though - I mean how many people do you know that travel with a laptop and NOT know how to uplaod pics?? ...she obviously uploaded them to her hard drive! LOL!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 PM

22 posts, read 36,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
That was my first thought too.

Definitely an odd encounter. But, online dating is highly visual. If you don't have good pictures, you're sunk. Who checks out your profile? Random strangers also on the site. And who were you? An approachable, random stranger who helped her pick out her most attractive pictures.

I was at Wal-Mart one night when some guy snuck up behind me, told me he didn't like Grizzly Adams and walked off. I just left my cart where it was in the middle of the aisle and left the store.

LOL!!! Too funny!!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:18 PM

When I was in college, my friends and I were walking from our car to the mall and this guy pulled up to us in the parking lot and said, "Can I ask you something?" Well, I said sure and started to walk over there with my friends following behind. When we got close enough to see inside the car, he said, "What do you think about the size of my penis?" and he had his hard on pulled out for us to see.

Ahh... memories...

Old 10-10-2012, 12:19 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
When I was in college, my friends and I were walking from our car to the mall and this guy pulled up to us in the parking lot and said, "Can I ask you something?" Well, I said sure and started to walk over there with my friends following behind. When we got close enough to see inside the car, he said, "What do you think about the size of my penis?" and he had his hard on pulled out for us to see.

Ahh... memories...

That's when you point and laugh.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:21 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Ok I posted this awhile ago. This one was weird:
Quote:
A guy walks by says "hey beautiful how are you.". Cheesy pickup line but he was cute so I was like "good how about you."

He continues with what are you up too typical small talk stuff. We exchange names and he goes for the kiss on the cheek in lieu of a handshake. This doesn't usually sketch me out. Pretty common with foreigners so I think it I typical and don't worry about this early form of physical contact.

What happened next was trippy. He said "I am not doing anything we should hangout now."

Gave him a slight brush off like maybe later I am headed the other way. I said nice to meet you and started to leave.

He was responded "before you go, you are really beautiful, let me kiss you.". The guy leaned in an went for it (we were separated by his bike).

I turned the other cheek literally and walked off.
And another odd one from a few weeks ago?

My friend and I went out for brunch to this super popular place that is always packed. The tables are close together, so you always end up butting into your neighbor's conversation. So we sit down. There is a "couple" a bit older than us, they are likely in their mid to late 40s. A latina woman, and a black man.

Anyway, they are almost done with their food and are about to start eating their dessert. We order and are waiting for ours. The look over and offer to share their pie with us (um, this happens to me all the time. Strangers are always offering to share their food with me. This is borderline normal behavior for me.)

We politely decline, and a few minutes later our food arrives. Along the way, the waiter spills the syrup for my waffles. The polite guy at the other table offers to "watch my food" while things are getting cleaned up. He then threatens to "steal it." Anyway we get settled start eating. And he turns to me to ask "my friend and I are having a disagreement. We are trying to settle on a how much money it would take for her to have my kid. How much money would you want to have my kid, I am looking to settle down?"

My friend and I look at each other and I reply "priceless."

Anyway we continue eating our food. He continues to make small talk about where he is from and so on, and other flirting. It was definitely odd.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
That's when you point and laugh.
In retrospect, I wish I had said something like, " A little on the small side." But we were young and we just screamed and ran away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships