Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:11 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times

Advertisements

Guess it's the inner caveman in me. Maybe it's just being a product of my raising. Maybe it's the way wild game tastes (better than corporate raised beef that gets injected with God knows what). Maybe it's the thrill of the hunt. Maybe it's good wildlife/habitat management to thin the herd where there are too many. Maybe it's the time spent searching for that elusive grey ghost of autumn (most big bucks don't get big by being stupid). I love hunting. All there is to it. Why would this be a dealbreaker?

Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Guess it's the inner caveman in me. Maybe it's just being a product of my raising. Maybe it's the way wild game tastes (better than corporate raised beef that gets injected with God knows what). Maybe it's the thrill of the hunt. Maybe it's good wildlife/habitat management to thin the herd where there are too many. Maybe it's the time spent searching for that elusive grey ghost of autumn (most big bucks don't get big by being stupid). I love hunting. All there is to it. Why would this be a dealbreaker?

It shouldn't be, but some who have never lived outside of big cities just can't relate.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
I have made a thread on this before. Use the search function and you will get your answers.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:14 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Vegetarian

Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 PM

105 posts, read 199,845 times
Not to many women, myself included.

I grew up with "Deer Day"- aka the 1st day of Buck Season as a regular school holiday.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:17 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starletta8 View Post
Not to many women, myself included.

I grew up with "Deer Day"- aka the 1st day of Buck Season as a regular school holiday.
I wish it would have been the same here. Isn't that primarily a Pennsylvania/Ohio type thing?

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Who said it's a dealbreaker?

Wild game is healthier for you, and has less fat. Hunting is cool. Do you use a rifle, or a hunting bow? There's a hunting club in my town that uses the high-power bows. I have a pheasant recipe that's to die for, btw.

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It shouldn't be, but some who have never lived outside of big cities just can't relate.
Says who, loves? You? Do you dictate what should and shouldn't be someone's preference?

I'm from Texas and have lived in the country. I would not date someone who hunts.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Says who, loves? You? Do you dictate what should and shouldn't be someone's preference?

I'm from Texas and have lived in the country. I would not date someone who hunts.
WHOA NELLIE -

Hunting your own food was the way our ancestors survived for thousands of years - this is nothing new and NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.

You don't want to eat meat - that's fine, nobody is going to make you, or tell you that you should - certainly not me.

And I'm not going to judge you for not wanting to hunt or eat meat.

But no one should judge a person who is simply putting food on their table either.

God himself gave us dominion over the animal kingdom for our own survival.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:24 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
I don't know any women who hunt.

I had a co-worker in ATL who hunted and a friend out West with ND roots, and he would go back there with relatives to go hunting. I stayed friends with them, but kept my mouth shut as to what I really thought about it.

Not something I would do. City person, through and through. The only animal I would shoot is one coming toward me, threatening my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships