Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 02:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Yeah this. Seriously, go to your local elementary school, then tell me that the average older woman is still in her prime as far as looks. It's mostly older women who say that because they need to prop up their looks. It reminds a lot of the fat acceptance movement where you have obese people saying men love "real women" (AKA women who are overweight).
I think men and women like what they like.

Some dudes like "thick women." Hell, some like morbidly obese women.

Takes ALL kinds.

Some chicks like muscular, fit dudes. Some don't care if a guy has a gut that rivals a woman's belly during her 3rd trimester of pregnancy.

Takes all kinds.

I will tell you that being shallow is not the key to success in a relationship. For men OR women.

None of us are gonna be 21 forever.

Btw? Be polite to one another or I'm gonna hafta call this discussion done.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
Btw, my 64 year old mother still gets hit on ALL THE TIME. She has zero wrinkles and fat? no way she is so anti fat it's unreal. I was recently at a high school homecoming parade and saw many of the students there. Many of the students were obese so this idea that younger women means hotter is so bizarre.

If Ruth lives in a bizarro world with hotter older women so do I. I know so many attractive older ladies that can put any 25 year old to shame (like my mom). As for competiting if I have to compete with a 25 year old for a man he's either too young for me biologically or mentally because 40-50 year old men seeking 25 year old women are way too creepy for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 03:16 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
There are a lot of women who just don't care what society thinks about their age, wrinkles, clothing, gray hair
...until those women in their 50s and 60s realize they have no dating options. Every woman on the planet cares about having zero options.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:32 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're assuming a 50-year old woman isn't slender. Why? You're thinking in stereotypes again. It's not the 1950's anymore. And you didn't read my post. I said these women are toned and trim. I suspect you only notice women who fit your preconceived notions.

Men also won't always be in their prime when it comes to looks. At least women don't go bald. Women stay looking younger longer, if they take care of themselves. Men generally don't. Men are lucky that many women are forgiving about looks. Many guys who are in the dating pool in middle age would never get anywhere, otherwise. Fortunately for them, women tend to be more interested in personality and character, than looks.

What's your obsession about men and baldness? Every other post you make jeers at bald men. Was one of your mean step-dads or ex-husbands bald or something?

Also, The idea that women don't have to worry about baldness is laughable. Of course,women are losing their hair these days. Are you seriously saying you've never seen any women with receding hairlines, balding/bare spots and super thin hair? Personally speaking, I'd put the number at about half of every woman I've seen over the age of 50 has some/ significant hair loss. Well I guess all those Rogaine For Women bottles at pharmacies are just their for decoration.

As far as the 2nd quote I bolded. Lordy, Lordy, Lordy. Men are so lucky all right. They are just so lucky so many women just don't give a damn about looks or height or weight or, uh hum, baldness ( although seem women seem obsessed with this). They are just basically virtuous, near heavenly creatures I guess.

How lucky men are that so many women deign to grace a man's presence.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:28 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Many of the students were obese so this idea that younger women means hotter is so bizarre.

If Ruth lives in a bizarro world with hotter older women so do I. I know so many attractive older ladies that can put any 25 year old to shame (like my mom). As for competiting if I have to compete with a 25 year old for a man he's either too young for me biologically or mentally because 40-50 year old men seeking 25 year old women are way too creepy for me.
If you put 100 18-22 year olds in a room with a 100 35 year old women, which room do you think is the most attractive physically?

Old 10-13-2012, 01:12 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
What's your obsession about men and baldness? Every other post you make jeers at bald men. Was one of your mean step-dads or ex-husbands bald or something?
LOL! Have you noticed the preponderance of threads dealing with women who are "over the hill" at 26, women who "let themselves go", women who are old and undatable after some arbitrary age, etc. etc.? Have you also noticed that there are no equivalent threads about men? (I'm guessing: not.) It's all about women not being attractive or even valuable human beings after (insert your age pick here). So what can women say to even out the playing field?

Get it, now? Just trying to even out the playing field. Men aren't so attractive themselves, after 40, or even after 18, some of them. Look at Prince William.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
If you put 100 18-22 year olds in a room with a 100 35 year old women, which room do you think is the most attractive physically?
That would go on a case-by-case basis. I suggest you look up articles on the recent Supreme Court case where an 18-yr. old college student (female) in Texas sued for race discrimination in college applications. Then tell me how "hot" or attractive 18 year olds "all" are. Some of the women in the younger age group would get passed by universally, as would some of the women in the older age group. Some of the women in the younger group would get hit on by everyone, as would some of the women in the older group.

Welcome to reality, as opposed to fantasy.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:18 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
I feel bad for men who go bald. That must seriously suck and there's little you can do about it. What can be done, OTOH, is controlling the ear hair, eventual unibrow, and the eyebrow that grows a few inches too long. If you cannot see due to your eyebrow hair trim it!

I'm reminded of my adviser. He didn't go bald, but damn he was hairy everywhere else. It was important to him to remain youthful, but he didn't understand the nasty old guy look he had going.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:20 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times
Women sag, men shrivel up.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Women sag, men shrivel up.
LOL! Finally, someone's actually COMPARING (as per the OP), rather than just ragging on women!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships