Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 03:52 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times

Advertisements

No, my man has more respect for me than that. He may notice, but he does not ogle, stare, check out, look up-and-down, or otherwise ever appear to let on that he has noticed in my presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 03:58 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No, my man has more respect for me than that. He may notice, but he does not ogle, stare, check out, look up-and-down, or otherwise ever appear to let on that he has noticed in my presence.

You know, just because some men do look at another human who is attractive does not mean they do not respect you, cripes, it means they glanced at another human is attractive, so what.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:04 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You know, just because some men do look at another human who is attractive does not mean they do not respect you, cripes, it means they glanced at another human is attractive, so what.

Read what I wrote, please. Did I say "glance?" No, I did not. A glance is what people do to every other human being in the world to see if they know that person.

However, yes, if the guy stands there checking out, ogling, staring, or letting his eyes wander up and down another woman, it is disrespectful. A gentleman focuses on the woman he is with. If a man I'm involved with wants to check out women like a horny 14-year-old, he can do so when I'm not around. When he's with me, he's with ME.

It's really not that difficult.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,059 times
Default Roving eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Every guy has this, unless they are genuinely asexual. I daresay women have it too. It's just a question of how discrete one can be. Women have an uncanny ability to spy potential mates out through solid objects and through the backs of their heads, whereas men gawk like idiots.

Yes, that is the key, if they are not gauking like idiots!! My husband and I was recently married after being to gether for 5 years and lately he/we had a situation where he not only looked at one woman or gauked, but at ever women that walked near us include across the street. I notice, because his head get pointed like a dog and he refuses to look away at anything else in his path and I want it to stop. I don't care if he looks because that is why god gave us eyes, and I although I am a plus sized women I donnot have low self esteem. Before I decided to go mono emono and date only him, I had/dated a lot and had sooo much fun. I even met and dated a frenchman and went to montreal to be with him and we continued to converse after that for months. My only thing is none of those me ever behaved like my now husband and it drives me crazy. I even hate it when a man stares at me like I'm a peace of meat. IT's just aweful,and makes me uncomfortable. But, i told him i willnot go with him outside until he learns to control himself. What do you think??? I need real advice to help me, because It makes me feel like I want to vomit and knots churn in my stomach when he does it with me. I get phsycally ill!

Old 08-09-2013, 12:21 PM

306 posts, read 656,962 times
Virtually 100% of all guys notice attractive women no matter what their relationship status is (perhaps unless they are gay of course), men are just biologically wired that way. The men that claim that they do not notice are just plain lying...as simple as that!

Men like looking at beautiful women, that should come as no surprise, and in most cases it is just 100% harmless!

Old 08-09-2013, 12:25 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,855,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Does your mate have what's commonly referred to as, "the roving eye syndrome?" I haven't really noticed it when I'm out w/ my guy, but a friend told me that she was a bit perturbed that her boyfriend occasionally turns his head quickly, if a very attractive woman walks by their table, while out on a date.

I don't really see the big deal if someone just quickly glances, especially if the other person is extremely attractive. However, I would be concerned, if my date/bf consistently looked at almost every woman who passed by, for an extended period of time.

One of my favorite relationship bloggers, Matthew Hussey wrote the following, on his blog-site, about this very topic:

Do you agree with the above stance?
I do. If he acts on it, that's different.

It's not like I don't notice hot men.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:38 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
ha...i look, its unintentional

i would literally have to make a point of looking at the ground when i am out to not notice some of these girls with the way they leave their luggage hanging all out of their suitcase they way they do.

it doesn't mean i want them, or that im sitting their in my head drooling away like a thirsty puppy, or that im going to go off and cheat on my wife given the chance...

...it literally means i noticed something that appeals to me as a healthy male and then a half second later its *poof* out of my view and my mind.

Last edited by rego00123; 08-09-2013 at 12:53 PM..

Old 08-09-2013, 12:47 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
I have no problem with a guy having a "roving eye" as long as he's not being rude, swiveling his head or whatever. I dunno though - I'm very very ADD, and I tend to let my own gaze wander when I see a guy I find attractive.

My one ex and I used to just be very open about when we saw an attractive member of either sex. Half the time, I'd nudge him and be like "What do you think of her?" or he'd give me a nudge and say "what about that guy?" We were very confident in our mutual attraction to each other, and it was really just idle curiosity on our parts - a fun game if we were at the grocery store or wandering the park. I think it started when he assumed the maintenance guy in our apartment complex was a big stud because he was always running around with his shirt off, and I fell apart laughing because the dude looked like a skinny plucked chicken. From there, we were off and running.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:04 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,956,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I have no problem with a guy having a "roving eye" as long as he's not being rude, swiveling his head or whatever. I dunno though - I'm very very ADD, and I tend to let my own gaze wander when I see a guy I find attractive.

My one ex and I used to just be very open about when we saw an attractive member of either sex. Half the time, I'd nudge him and be like "What do you think of her?" or he'd give me a nudge and say "what about that guy?" We were very confident in our mutual attraction to each other, and it was really just idle curiosity on our parts - a fun game if we were at the grocery store or wandering the park. I think it started when he assumed the maintenance guy in our apartment complex was a big stud because he was always running around with his shirt off, and I fell apart laughing because the dude looked like a skinny plucked chicken. From there, we were off and running.
Careful, he might be on the downlow, a man nudging you about other men and salivating over the maintainance guy seems extreme. I know a man who used to do this. His wife thought it was innocent till he asked her to have sex with other men and it progressed to him asking if he could clean her off after she had sex with other men. Straight men dont notice other men´s attractiveness.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:11 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Careful, he might be on the downlow, a man nudging you about other men and salivating over the maintainance guy seems extreme. I know a man who used to do this. His wife thought it was innocent till he asked her to have sex with other men and it progressed to him asking if he could clean her off after she had sex with other men. Straight men dont notice other men´s attractiveness.
Yeah, it was an ex. And I can cheerfully assure you that he is straight, even a decade after the end of the relationship. Though that's really a heartwarming story you shared
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships