Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 05:19 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Nice job! Any other tricks you'd like to share for how to successfully neuter your new husband?

I'm sure many ladies would love to know!
I did this before we enter the restaurant:

But like I said, I think I was insecure early on in our marriage but when we passed our 1st year anniversary and even before that I got more secure in our relationship so it really does not bother me anymore.

Like last night in one of his many midnight 'WTF are you saying baby moment' he said - do you wanna get married? I said ya, where? He said "when we visit Philippines, we will. So we are married twice in 2 countries."

LOL. I dunno if he will remember that when we do visit my country years from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 11:24 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Do you agree with the above stance?
Since women seem to be constantly comparing themselves to one another, they assume that men are comparing as well; namely comparing women we see/look at to our own wives/girlfriends. We're not. We just like eye candy. We can look at 100 hot women every single day and we'll have forgotten about all 100 of them by the time we get home to the woman we've chosen as a life partner.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:22 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,793,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Quickest way I found to stop a man from doing it is to leer at someone much younger, better looking, and better built than he is, preferably at a guy who is jogging by shirtless. Surprising how fast it stops, then.
Not even close. Just gives me carte blanche (which is how I'd prefer it, anyway)

Old 02-25-2014, 12:26 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Since women seem to be constantly comparing themselves to one another, they assume that men are comparing as well; namely comparing women we see/look at to our own wives/girlfriends. We're not. We just like eye candy. We can look at 100 hot women every single day and we'll have forgotten about all 100 of them by the time we get home to the woman we've chosen as a life partner.

And that's fine, as long as I am not standing there. But to ogle while I stand there is rude and disrespectful.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:19 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,068,981 times
I had a male friend that did this. We were nothing more than friends and honestly, I found it offensive. I don't care if my man glances or even comments that a woman is hot. But the quick head turning to the point where he may break his neck....is just disrespectful to the person you're whipping your head at and to someone of the opposite sex that you're standing next to (let's be real, if it was same sex - not couples - no one would care). Be respectful, don't be creepy.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I can believe that.

My husband notices everyone but I've never seen him ogle or stare at a woman because she is hot while he is with me. He likes to people watch - so I usually sit in the seat where you can see the most people because he tends to get distracted watching what is going on outside! We laugh about it! We also laugh when I ask him if he noticed someone or something since he notices everything and I usually notice nothing.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:23 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,090 times
Nope. There are studies which show that men in happy, committed, long-term relationships have the instinct to.... TURN AWAY when a woman considered attractive passes by. This is especially true if she is ovulating (aka fertile). The man will divert his gaze as a knee-jerk reaction. WHY? Because the "animal instinct" is also to pair-bond. In these studies, single, unattached men may do double takes!

So this "roving eye", IMO, IS very much a sign your partner is not committed emotionally.

The "boys will be boys" mentality is not about biology as it so often claims to be. It's more about excusing negative & LEARNED but socially acceptable behaviors.

Quote:
But never hold him to ransom for what goes on in his head.

Even if in that moment he has sexual thoughts about her, he knows that these looks don’t compare to his one-in-a-million relationship.

As long as men have minds they are going to use them to fantasize.
FALSE. Actions begin in the mind. Respect begins in the mind. Of course no one is perfect, you will still find other people attractive, beauty is eye-catching, etc, but there is a difference between noticing beauty & DWELLING on sexual thoughts about someone who is not your partner. IMO, people do act on what they feed their mind on. I definitely think cheating begins in the mind.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:58 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,137,989 times
I think it's perfectly normal to look. I find it surprising that so many people think their SO's don't. My BF must do it right because it's not an issue with us. Sometimes you can't help but look. But that's all it is. I don't give it another thought after I look away. My BF hasn't never said anything to me so maybe I'm doing it right too. He does notice other men looking at me. He likes to point them out too. Sometimes loudly. I think it's a ploy because I usually smack his rear and say stop it, no they aren't!

Old 02-27-2014, 04:04 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
I think it's perfectly normal to look. I find it surprising that so many people think their SO's don't. My BF must do it right because it's not an issue with us. Sometimes you can't help but look. But that's all it is. I don't give it another thought after I look away. My BF hasn't never said anything to me so maybe I'm doing it right too. He does notice other men looking at me. He likes to point them out too. Sometimes loudly. I think it's a ploy because I usually smack his rear and say stop it, no they aren't!
Does he turn his body or his head while you are standing there? That's rude and is more than "just looking".

Old 02-27-2014, 06:37 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,137,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Does he turn his body or his head while you are standing there? That's rude and is more than "just looking".
I have no idea how he checks women out. That's why I said he must be doing it right. If he was openly gawking that would be different because I have caught jerks checking me out in front of their SO's and it really is so rude and disrespectful to both her and I. It's really uncomfortable too.

If I saw my BF looking at a someone I don't automatically assume he is checking her out because I look at people I know for a fact I am not checking out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships