U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 PM

491 posts, read 684,674 times

Advertisements

Can you make it work with someone who is very busy?By very busy I mean working all the time maybe two jobs at a time, has a lot of things going in their life.Would you be able to want to meet when their schedule allows them to be available or would it be to much?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 PM

3,735 posts, read 4,084,555 times
It would depend on what stage our relationship is in.

If he were someone I just met who couldn't see me but once a month or so, then probably not, because we'd have a hard time trying to get to know one another. It would also depend on how long this extreme busyness is likely to last. If that's just how his life always is, then definitely not.

If he were someone I already knew well, but who had gotten really busy due to a new job or other important obligations, then yes. But even then, I would still expect him to make some time for me on a regular basis, like once a week.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:10 PM

4,380 posts, read 3,863,142 times
I'm a pretty busy person, but if I want to see someone, whether it's romantic or just a friend, I make time. Someone who wants to see you will find a way to do it. So if I met someone who couldn't even find an hour to meet me for coffee on Sunday morning, I wouldn't pursue it.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:16 PM

6,130 posts, read 8,902,390 times
I've never been too busy to make time for someone I really wanted to see. Some people really are busy but I think if they are interested they'll make time. I wouldn't want to date someone I saw every two weeks. I need more attention than that to be happy in a relationship.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,199,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I've never been too busy to make time for someone I really wanted to see. Some people really are busy but I think if they are interested they'll make time. I wouldn't want to date someone I saw every two weeks. I need more attention than that to be happy in a relationship.
This post says it all. When you really like someone, you will make time. Job is one thing, but when you fall behind the cooking class, the zumba class, the girls night out, the girls lunch out etc.... then that person is just not interested in you.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:34 PM

3,672 posts, read 6,381,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I'm a pretty busy person, but if I want to see someone, whether it's romantic or just a friend, I make time. Someone who wants to see you will find a way to do it. So if I met someone who couldn't even find an hour to meet me for coffee on Sunday morning, I wouldn't pursue it.
yes, this. though i think it can be hard when you're first getting to know someone and you're not even sure how interested you are.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 PM

4,380 posts, read 3,863,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
yes, this. though i think it can be hard when you're first getting to know someone and you're not even sure how interested you are.
True. I met someone recently I was interested in getting to know better, but I didn't want to ask him out and then follow up with "great, I can fit you in a week from Wednesday" because I was in an odd crazy-busy period with work and life. When he asked if I wanted to get together, I carved out some time but he ended up rescheduling and then outright cancelling. There were some things that led me to believe this was more about networking than an actual date, however.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:34 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,869,343 times
If you think the person is worth it.

A.) Put out more often
B.) Bang them as if the world is about to end.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 PM

11,200 posts, read 14,211,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
This post says it all. When you really like someone, you will make time. Job is one thing, but when you fall behind the cooking class, the zumba class, the girls night out, the girls lunch out etc.... then that person is just not interested in you.
I agree. Also a busy person like the one described will likely be busy with a goal in mind and part of it being to progress to making more money and elevating them selves to have more free time in the future. For many, myself included there is a good feeling that comes from being not only busy but productive. That's an important factor.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:25 PM

3,735 posts, read 4,084,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Job is one thing, but when you fall behind the zumba class, then that person is just not interested in you.

You know it's bad when the zumba class is more important than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or