Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 09:42 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I thought that was a rebuttal.

Your argument was that sex is hard for a man however with the availability of prostitutes sex isn't hard for a man.
Prostitution has nothing to do with the double standards argument.

Most guys that are considered "players" are considered as such because they sleep around with many non-professional women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 09:42 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Well I disagree on the first point, men only "Dilly dally" around women they think are mediocre or sorta kinda like. Don't get me wrong, he might come around and eventually form a relationship with her but chances are he's settling and the women he really wants or wanted we're unnaintainable.

But men do mostly live by their options. I can't lie on that one

Well then we disagree then. I said they 'dilly dally' around them all based on the number of options they have, whether they really like them or not that much doesn't matter. If they do marry that woman right away, lets say they did, they will see something in 5 or 6 years looks better then her and then pursue that one too, guaranteed

Old 10-12-2012, 09:43 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I was born and raised in white suburbia. I do not live in Camden nor Newark. Either way, I don't think this has anything to do with Jersey or where someone lives. 'laychick' agrees with me and I don't think she's from Jersey.
Nope, I'm actually an hispanic Americanized woman (born in South America but raised in the US since I was 4).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Something is affecting some of these people's views as well. I don't know why they like to pretend that the majority of men are not certain ways when they display the exact same behaviors time and again. But whatever. Most of them do treats the women like disposable; a. until they find a better one or b. until the women they usually get stop wanting them.

Glad you find this whole thing funny, if nothing else. But these are my actual thoughts.
Exactly.

To those players or former studs waiting for Mrs Sweet girl to knock on your door:
''We're getting tired of your games and hypocrisy.''

Old 10-12-2012, 09:43 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Yes.

I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to the female posters that criticize the double standard. My point is to prove that it exists for a reason.
Likely that reason is to give men praise for being promiscuous a lifestyle most men seem to envy as well as justification for their hypocrisy in wanting a non promiscuous gal a partner most men seem to want.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Prostitution has nothing to do with the double standards argument.

Most guys that are considered "players" are considered as such because they sleep around with many non-professional women.
Seeing as how the double standards is 'sex is easy for a woman while (can be) hard for a man' prostitution seems to have plenty to do with the double standards argument as it shows that sex isn't hard for a man to find.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Likely that reason is to give men praise for being promiscuous a lifestyle most men seem to envy as well as justification for their hypocrisy in wanting a non promiscuous gal a partner most men seem to want.
Did you not read what I wrote?

For men, being promiscuis can be challenging. It usually requires work and effort.

For women, it is very easy and requires no work.

This is the reason for the double standard.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Seeing as how the double standards is 'sex is easy for a woman while (can be) hard for a man' prostitution seems to have plenty to do with the double standards argument as it shows that sex isn't hard for a man to find.
But that's NEVER factored into the equation when discussed (you're just grasping at straws here).

Either way, men would still have to invest money into it (to get girls, a man would need to invest time or money into her). Women can invest absolutely nothing and still get guys.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:51 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Nope, I'm actually an hispanic Americanized woman (born in South America but raised in the US since I was 4).
Exactly.

To those players or former studs waiting for Mrs Sweet girl to knock on your door:
''We're getting tired of your games and hypocrisy.''

Ironically, the men that think they're 'entitled' to Mrs. Sweet don't know that most of the "Mrs. Sweets" of the world are very leery of a guy that's been posted all over town like a bargain sale. They think he will do the same thing to them he did to all the other women and he probably will.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Did you not read what I wrote?

For men, being promiscuis can be challenging. It usually requires work and effort.

For women, it is very easy and requires no work.

This is the reason for the double standard.
I read what you wrote and for men being promiscuous isn't a challenge with the availability of prostitutes.

'It's easy for one gender and hard for one gender' is unlikely to be the reason for the **** double standard considering how it seems most men disagree with the hitting double standard and it works on the same principle of it being easier for men to inflict damage on women and harder for women to inflict damage on men.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I read what you wrote and for men being promiscuous isn't a challenge with the availability of prostitutes.

'It's easy for one gender and hard for one gender' is unlikely to be the reason for the **** double standard considering how it seems most men disagree with the hitting double standard and it works on the same principle of it being easier for men to inflict damage on women and harder for women to inflict damage on men.
lol wut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships