Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 05:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Big hands huh????
Yep I love a guys big hands. I think it's sexy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am weirded out if I meet a man with smaller hands than mine. (Mine are pretty small)
Lol I don't think I met a man with smaller hands than mine. But I like when you sit in a car and he puts his hand over mine as he drives. Simple things like that I like.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:17 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
what makes a woman or man beautiful to one person and not so much to another? I notice couples who sometimes seem mismatched and I just wonder what makes some people so attractive and others not so much?
Ok my bias I have a degree in sociology and minor in psych. We are attracted to things for a number of reasons, life experience, what are parents looked like, what the media tells us is attractive.

Myself I like smart, educated, brunettes, and stylish glasses are a nice touch. Maybe that's why I married my wife or did the egg come before the chicken I don't know.

Peoples taste change too over time. 30 years ago woman with tats were generally viewed as trash now it's mainstream, jeez even my former sales manager had sleeves and he is quite the yuppie.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:23 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
That line is a load of bull, it's something said to ugly people to make them feel better...Anyone with eyes can look at a man or a woman and tell whether they are ugly or not. Some people will tell others they aren't ugly only to make them feel better, but they know in reality, they are ugly.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
I think there is a universal beauty (which is actually mathematically proven) and if you are close to that you will be perceived as beautiful by the majority of people, therefore it will be easier to attract a potential mate. Once you start moving away from that it becomes more and more difficult because you're not as universally attractive.

It doesn't mean that you won't be able to find someone who is attracted to your 'abnormal' qualities, it just means that you're more of a niche date and it will be a little more difficult.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:35 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
Attraction to me is individual. What I find beautiful in one person, I may not be attracted to with someone else. I have dated women that people have said "Man, you can do better" and I have always told them not to worry about me, this woman is beautiful, and my opinion at the moment is the only one that matters.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:46 PM

I was told this too by family members.^^^^^^

Old 10-14-2012, 07:50 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Of course it is, everyone has their own different definition of beautiful. What's beautiful to one person might not be to another

Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. Thank goodness we are all different in this world, so we are all attracted to different things. Some people prefer someone more like themselves, and some like the complete opposite of themselves (you always hear opposites attract), and some people want something in-between.

I've seen couples together and I think WTF? This reminds me of a true story that happened many years ago. We knew this guy in his 20's that was really a great guy. He met this woman at a bar (not my ideal place to meet someone) and they fell in love and got engaged. We had never met this woman and invited the two of them over for dinner. He got there first because she was working and would come when she got off. While we were waiting for this girl he told us all about her. He told us she was this gorgeous natural blonde with a great figure and was so pretty. Well she arrived and when she walked in I could barely believe this was the same person he described. Yes...she was naturally blonde, but that was about it. I didn't think she was attractive, nor did she have a good figure. My point is that she WAS beautiful to him, and that is all that mattered. Beauty in the eye of the beholder.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think there is a universal beauty (which is actually mathematically proven) and if you are close to that you will be perceived as beautiful by the majority of people, therefore it will be easier to attract a potential mate. Once you start moving away from that it becomes more and more difficult because you're not as universally attractive.

It doesn't mean that you won't be able to find someone who is attracted to your 'abnormal' qualities, it just means that you're more of a niche date and it will be a little more difficult.
beauty maybe in the eye of the beholder, but the reality is, there are people in this world who have a lot of beholders and some who may have just 1 eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships