Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:35 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
From what I seen those situations never work out
What do you mean by "never work out"? In fact, are they even supposed to work out? No, they're supposed to be fun, generally temporary fun. Just cause 2 people don't end up in a long-term relationship/marriage, doesn't mean the arrangement was a waste of either person's time.

I can't say I've read the entire thread, but to me this booty call status is defined by a girl whom I can't picture taking home to mom & dad. This could be because she's a bit trashy, has a bitchy attitude, or is a snob. Simple as that, I'm pretty picky about who I'd introduce to them (almost to a fault, almost).

Old 10-14-2012, 10:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
What do you mean by "never work out"? In fact, are they even supposed to work out? No, they're supposed to be fun, generally temporary fun. Just cause 2 people don't end up in a long-term relationship/marriage, doesn't mean the arrangement was a waste of either person's time.

I can't say I've read the entire thread, but to me this booty call status is defined by a girl whom I can't picture taking home to mom & dad. This could be because she's a bit trashy, has a bitchy attitude, or is a snob. Simple as that, I'm pretty picky about who I'd introduce to them (almost to a fault, almost).

Where did I say they had to end up in a LTR or a marriage? I didn't, you did. I think it's been made apparent I think those kinds of situations are a crock.... IF you happen not to agree, that's all well and good. Just know not everyone is going to agree to the validity of FWB, ONS or whatever -- just because you do. Deal with it accordingly.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:41 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Just know not everyone is going to agree to the validity of FWB, ONS or whatever
How is a FWB not 'valid'?

Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Well it doesn't matter what kind of answer I give, it's not going to suffice if you view those kinds of arrangements as valid. So if it's valid to you so be it, it's not to me and never will be. The end.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Well it doesn't matter what kind of answer I give, it's not going to suffice if you view those kinds of arrangements as valid. So if it's valid to you so be it, it's not to me. The end.
I just don't know what the **** you mean by 'valid'

They certainly exist.
You may not wish to engage in that type of relationship, but that doesn't invalidate anyone else's.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
I can only answer for myself, but a FWB situation would not be ok and I woukd feel like both parties involved were degrading themselves. Sex is simply not enjoyable without a solid emotional connection for me. Im sure it works for other people, but its just not for me.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I just don't know what the **** you mean by 'valid'

They certainly exist.
You may not wish to engage in that type of relationship, but that doesn't invalidate anyone else's.

I know FWB exist, I didn't say they didn't. I also know what people claim they entail. Based on the entire concept of it, it's a bunch of B.S.

I can't invalidate the situation for someone else. I can tell you some other arrangements I view as a crock and invalid too. Whether or not I choose to view those arrangements as a-okay and valid is up to me, what you decide is up to you. See how that works? If by the end of this convo your hope is to convince me that FWB, ONS, or booty calls aren't the same things and are a-okay, you best stop wasting your time now. LOL.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:52 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
Any woman that allows a man to treat them as a booty call or FWB should not be surprised if she is not respected and is constantly being used. I would think a woman would have low self esteem if she relegated herself to being a booty call. No man is going to look at you as a LTR or wife material.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:52 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times
I haven't read this thread other than the title, but I must say it's a great question.

Why are some women relegated to booty call status? SHOULDN'T IT INSTEAD BE ALL OF THEM??

/thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
I know FWB exist, I didn't say they didn't. I also know what people claim they entail. Based on the entire concept of it, it's a bunch of B.S.

I can't invalidate the situation for someone else. I can tell you some other arrangements I view as a crock and invalid too. Whether or not I choose to view those arrangements as a-okay and valid is up to me, what you decide is up to you. See how that works? If by the end of this convo your hope is to convince me that FWB, ONS, or booty calls aren't the same things and are a-okay, you best stop wasting your time now. LOL.
I'm just trying to understand what you mean by 'valid'

Still don't know.

If you mean that it's not appropriate for you then 'valid' is an odd word choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships