Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 12:55 PM

20 posts, read 47,420 times

Advertisements

So after a second date with some guy, he texted me on Tuesday ask if I would be available on Friday night which I reply that I would let him know.

On Friday morning I texted him that I'm available. He didn't reply untill late in the afternoon saying he's sick and ask if he could make it up on Sunday which I reply" that's fine" and hoped him feel better.

He aslo sent me an email on Friday ask me to be his date to a work event next week. I replied his email telling him I couldn't make it to the event, he replied and sounded like he really wanted me to go.

So today is Sunday and we are supposely to have a date. But I didn't hear anything from him. Should I text him to ask if we are on or should I just forget about it and move on?

Last edited by nameunknown; 10-14-2012 at 01:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 01:02 PM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
I would text him and ask if you two are going to meet or you would make other plans for the day...

Old 10-14-2012, 01:04 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I would text him and ask if you two are going to meet or you would make other plans for the day...

Well, that's awful kind of you to do so, elnina.

OP...yes, text him.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:06 PM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Hahaha... A typo, just corrected...

Old 10-14-2012, 01:14 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Yes, text him about Sunday. He may still be sick.

In my opinion, you waited WAY too long to get back to him about the Friday plans. He gave you 4 days notice, and you kept him hanging until the morning of the date. That is not cool.

If it were me, I would cancel my plans and go with him to the work thing, just to show good faith. That is probably a fairly big-deal event.

Next time don't wait until the day of an event to let someone know you want to go. That's just courteous. You know how you would feel if he did that to you.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:26 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
You should call him, and stop with the texting and head games!

Old 10-14-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

In my opinion, you waited WAY too long to get back to him about the Friday plans. He gave you 4 days notice, and you kept him hanging until the morning of the date. That is not cool.

If it were me, I would cancel my plans and go with him to the work thing, just to show good faith. That is probably a fairly big-deal event.

Next time don't wait until the day of an event to let someone know you want to go. That's just courteous. You know how you would feel if he did that to you.
I didnt even realize what I did wasn't so cool.

his work thing starts before I get off work....but then he tried to convince me that we could be there late.

But I also think it's not cool of him to not make specific plans about sunday since i agreed on meeting.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:36 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
If you indeed like him, Call and see if things are still on. Many people under the weather this time of year. Go for it. Don't pass up what could be a great relationship.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:58 PM

445 posts, read 864,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

You don't sound very available to me. You wait until the day of to tell him no. What if he wanted to arrange something else? You can't go to his work thing and now there's some "situation" about Sunday. Now you're wondering why he hasn't gotten back to you. Maybe he is still sick.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
You don't sound very available to me. You wait until the day of to tell him no. What if he wanted to arrange something else? You can't go to his work thing and now there's some "situation" about Sunday. Now you're wondering why he hasn't gotten back to you. Maybe he is still sick.
I told him yes I was available.....i mean at least I'm being honest about what i can do and what i can't do. He suggested to meet today, if he's still sick, he could at least let me know that he's still sick and won't able to meet me, I would be totally fine with that. just don't like to be left in the dark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships