Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 06:06 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
You know if this is a true story, you could have some real fun with a joker like that. And women wonder why men seek to game women when you have nonsense like this. I actually believe it's true I have heard of similar from single guy friends in their 30's.
Dont blame that crap on all women...I would NEVER act like that. And men are partly to blame for rewarding women for doing stuff like that. She must be a good looking woman who is used to idiots throwing money at her.

I cant believe she had the balls to do that. What a sleaze. But she must be hot enough that she has gotten away with that crap before. The things men will do for a woman if she looks good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 06:19 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,877,383 times
When I was 29, I met my future husband(2nd). I had 3 small kids, but I never told him about them until we were dating 7 months. He didn't need to know until I was sure things were going to work out between us, and I NEVER asked him for financial help. I worked (45-50) hours a week. I don't get why she would behave that way....

Old 10-14-2012, 06:26 PM

52,280 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
When I was 29, I met my future husband(2nd). I had 3 small kids, but I never told him about them until we were dating 7 months. He didn't need to know until I was sure things were going to work out between us, and I NEVER asked him for financial help. I worked (45-50) hours a week. I don't get why she would behave that way....
No offense, but not telling him for 7 months is completely and utterly uncool.

I would be PISSED if someone pulled that on me.

It's nice it worked out for you guys though.......

Old 10-14-2012, 06:28 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Dont blame that crap on all women...I would NEVER act like that. And men are partly to blame for rewarding women for doing stuff like that. She must be a good looking woman who is used to idiots throwing money at her.

I cant believe she had the balls to do that. What a sleaze. But she must be hot enough that she has gotten away with that crap before. The things men will do for a woman if she looks good enough.

Yeah, I've been wondering what kind of nuddie pics she threw his way to make him keep thinking about it this long.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:29 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon12 View Post
I met a girl online. She is 29 yrs old with a 7 year old daughter.

We were planning to meet for our FIRST date and while we were talking on the phone she asked two things that caught be a bit off guard:

1. She asked me if I was financially stable enough to support a wife who could stay home with young children. She said she hopes to have one or two more kids with the right guy and prefers to stay at home in the first few years when the kids are young.

2. She asked me to pay for her daughter's child care (or a baby sitter) while we went on our FIRST DATE. She is in nursing school and her cash flow is not good right now. The cost for the child care is not much ($30 or $40 bucks for 3 hours). But as a rule, I don't pay for other kids child care, esp. people I don't know.

Mind you, we have NOT even met in person yet. And we've only chatted a few times on the phone. Am I overreacting to delete this girl's number now and move on to the next person?
Run.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 PM

155 posts, read 347,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Quote:

Whatever floats your boat. I would actually have more respect for a women who waited and did not get the children involved in the relationship until she knew it was a sure thing.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:34 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times
I wouldn't be surprised if you told me this chick was from Atlanta. This story is VERY common in Atlanta. Happened to me about 2 or 3 times myself. Anyway, good job on not playing into this. Sucks how people are though.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:35 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,877,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

It was not meant to hurt him or be untruthful. I just did not want my kids to get attached to him or vice versa, as I had dated guys before that and it had not worked out....too confusing. He was a great guy, and a loving father and husband until his untimely death in 2002.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgauchsin View Post
Whatever floats your boat. I would actually have more respect for a women who waited and did not get the children involved in the relationship until she knew it was a sure thing.
I agree completely... I've written a few dissertations on the subject here on CD.

What I was saying, was to not mention that she had 3 kids for 7 months..... feels like lying to me.

I don't think that a woman should expose her children to a man until she thinks he's a keeper and they have a pretty serious commitment to each other.

Not telling someone that they have 3 kids... IDK, that is a major thing to wtihhold.

To me anyway.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
It was not meant to hurt him or be untruthful. I just did not want my kids to get attached to him or vice versa, as I had dated guys before that and it had not worked out....too confusing. He was a great guy, and a loving father and husband until his untimely death in 2002.
I agree..... you shouldn't give your kids mixed messages....

I just think you should inform your date of you having 3 kids.. especially after the first couple of dates.

JMHO of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships