Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 04:19 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon12 View Post
I met a girl online. She is 29 yrs old with a 7 year old daughter.

We were planning to meet for our FIRST date and while we were talking on the phone she asked two things that caught be a bit off guard:
1. She asked me if I was financially stable enough to support a wife who could stay home with young children. She said she hopes to have one or two more kids with the right guy and prefers to stay at home in the first few years when the kids are young.
2. She asked me to pay for her daughter's child care (or a baby sitter) while we went on our FIRST DATE. She is in nursing school and her cash flow is not good right now. The cost for the child care is not much ($30 or $40 bucks for 3 hours). But as a rule, I don't pay for other kids child care, esp. people I don't know.
Mind you, we have NOT even met in person yet. And we've only chatted a few times on the phone. Am I overreacting to delete this girl's number now and move on to the next person?
Her first question to you sounds a bit like she is pushing to get married...not good. Her second one is a bit bold. I think I would tell her that the two of you are better off as friends for now. Surely she has a relative who could watch her kid unless she doesn't want them to know she is dating?

Back out of this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 07:04 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
You can be guaranted that a woman like this has a man on the side who doesn't pay, but comes over and takes care of the plumbing.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:43 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
^^^The OP hasn't posted anything since 2012.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:17 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
^^^The OP hasn't posted anything since 2012.
Maybe he's still running to get as far away from that bad situation as possible.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:50 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,974 times
Yes, I know it's an old thread. But for similar issues:
We don't know what they bring to the table.
If she is very good looking and he is 50 and fat, so yes, he will need to pay to equalize the equation.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:34 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Quote:

We were planning to meet for our FIRST date and while we were talking on the phone she asked two things that caught be a bit off guard:

1. She asked me if I was financially stable enough to support a wife who could stay home with young children. She said she hopes to have one or two more kids with the right guy and prefers to stay at home in the first few years when the kids are young.

2. She asked me to pay for her daughter's child care (or a baby sitter) while we went on our FIRST DATE. She is in nursing school and her cash flow is not good right now. The cost for the child care is not much ($30 or $40 bucks for 3 hours). But as a rule, I don't pay for other kids child care, esp. people I don't know.

Mind you, we have NOT even met in person yet. And we've only chatted a few times on the phone. Am I overreacting to delete this girl's number now and move on to the next person?
"Danger Will Robinson!"

Wow, just wow. I would dump this chump. I don't see any upside here. Move along.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:02 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
This is an old thread, but nobody has the right to ask about your financial situation until they get to know you better.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:18 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,673 times
Quote:

You're not overreacting in deleting this person and moving on.She is being upfront right away which there is nothing wrong with being that way BUT she needs to understand that she can't come across to strangers like that...especially someone whom she would be looking to date.Too much way too soon.
I think it's a red flag and that you need to delete the number and move on.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:59 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Quote:

Why are you even asking us? Shouldn't this be obvious?

Old 03-19-2018, 06:06 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:

Pay very close attention to this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUdphj0VcCE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships