Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 07:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
"I have a coupon for buy one entree get one free." If you don't see how that comes across as tacky on a first date, then so be it.
One how bout this.

5$ off your order

Or

Free entree.

And it's tacky bases on what? Fact ? Law ?

Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Who says we would let the girl know about the coupon? We are the ones who are supposed to pay right?

So then don't let her know then but it does come across as tacky..... I would never want a man to pay for my meal nor would I allow it (not that they are going to either, just speaking hypothetically). LOL. Look at the stink they make over it, not worth it to owe them anything after the fact.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
One how bout this.

5$ off your order

Or

Free entree.

And it's tacky bases on what? Fact ? Law ?

Nothing from what I can see in the 'dating world' is based on fact or law. So I don't know why this has to be.

It's tacky IMO and most other women and some men too. Therefore it's generally considered tacky, that's how the court of public opinion works.....

Did it ever occur to you that women could have a coupon too, but don't go whipping it out even if they're going dutch, because it appears tacky. Now men are basically cheap, so that's why some of you see nothing at all wrong with this.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:51 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
"I have a coupon for buy one entree get one free." If you don't see how that comes across as tacky on a first date, then so be it.
Not tacky at all. I like to go out to eat on occasion, and if we can get a free entree out of it, even better! I'd only find it tacky if it was to a place I didn't like, and it was insisted that we had to go there anyway.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,948 times
Quote:
Says who?

And why?

Please, someone, anyone.
honestly, a nice dinner at home, with candle lights and some wine is so much more impressive than a coupon on a date. And cheaper.

As I said before if you cannot afford to go out, maybe it is better to concentrate in bettering your life than dating..

Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Not tacky at all. I like to go out to eat on occasion, and if we can get a free entree out of it, even better! I'd only find it tacky if it was to a place I didn't like, and it was insisted that we had to go there anyway.

I said on a first date. I didn't say someone you're dating or in a relationship with or married to. If you feel it's not tacky on the first date, so be it. Beauty of opinion.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:53 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
honestly, a nice dinner at home, with candle lights and some wine is so much more impressive than a coupon on a date. And cheaper.

As I said before if you cannot afford to go out, maybe it is better to concentrate in bettering your life than dating..
I like the way you roll........

Old 10-14-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Nothing from what I can see in the 'dating world' is based on fact or law. So I don't know why this has to be.

It's tacky IMO and most other women and some men too. Therefore it's generally considered tacky, that's how the court of public opinion works.....

Did it ever occur to you that women could have a coupon too, but don't go whipping it out even if they're going dutch, because it appears tacky. Now men are basically cheap, so that's why some of you see nothing at all wrong with this.
I don't see anything wrong with it, because there's nothing wrong with it.

I couldn't care less if a woman pays with her coupon, I'm not going to *gasp* judge her and call her tacky because of it.

So taking a woman to a favorite restaurant of hers and using a gift card or coupon so you can take her to another nice place afterwards is being cheap.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post

Where's the CD grammar nazi to come pick her post apart for using the word, 'you', when I know she isn't talking about me.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with it, because there's nothing wrong with it.

I couldn't care less if a woman pays with her coupon, I'm not going to *gasp* judge her and call her tacky because of it.

So taking a woman to a favorite restaurant of hers and using a gift card or coupon so you can take her to another nice place afterwards is being cheap.

So then pull out your coupons and gift cards, LOL. That's your buisness, why would I care? I am just telling you that many people as viewed by this thread for example find it to be tacky, including me.

Get used to being judged, because that's how it goes, I know from personal experience you all do it, so if it's not about being tacky it will be about something else. Trust.

I am glad I pay for my own meals, I have never seen people make such a stink out of something like this; again, men are cheap and will give you hell over $20. It's simply not even worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships