Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:23 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I was just in one. I went into it knowing I was only physically attracted. I've never done it before so I guess there's a first time for everything. But I started feeling bad after sex because there were no emotions involved and emotionless sex starts to get old. And I was using him to replace my ex-bf and that started to get old too. Also, I found out he was dating other people. I was okay with that at first but no, I'm not really okay with it. I have a problem with doing something or someone if I know nothing will come out of it. At some moment of realization, it's like, what's the point of all this again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 05:40 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Women love FWB just as much as men but why it's been demonized by other women is something ill never understand

Old 10-17-2012, 07:11 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Agreed. This is an age thing. Traditionally, men have preferred FWB relationships and women have not because men in their late teens and early 20s were preparing for interesting lives and careers and didn't want to get entangled with any responsibilites that would interfere with their future goals. At this age, men have sexual needs, but it makes most sense to satisfy them through casual arrangements.

Young women at this age also have sexual needs, but traditionally, they weren't looking forward to anything beyond marriage and family. Marrying at age 16 or 18 or so? Great! No more being bossed around by mom and dad... finally, she can be a master of her own house.

Today, things are a bit different. Young women, like young men, are also preparing for interesting careers and lives. A young female doctor-in-training probably doesn't want a bossy husband or snotty brats interfering with her studies. She still has sexual needs though. So, the FWB makes as much sense for her as it did for young men 50 years ago, particulalry in the age of effective birth control.

By the time men and women are in their 30s, though, both genders are probably looking to settle down. The career has been launched, the parties are getting old ... time to move on to the next stage of life, children and the adult responsibilities that come with maintaining a family.
This is how I see it. I dont understand how ppl have such a hard time distingushing between a real relationship and a FWB. A couple times in my life I did not want or could not deal with a serious emotional relationship with all the drama and what not. I entered into the FWB with guys that were my friends. We both knew the deal going in. We knew we would never be compatable for a LTR or marriage. I met my ex while in a FWB.

Years ago some women I worked with who were then much older that I, only dated married men because they wanted the sex and fun but no emotional attachment or drama. I think that was todays equivalent of FWB. But in those days it was called home wreaker and ho ho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships