Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 07:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFL View Post
I'm not a woman, however I'll throw this out anyway...

Perception has a lot to do with it. (I am not insinuating anything about anyone here, just stating a few observations, and definitely not my personal actions or thoughts...)

For this, 'hitting on' will mean 'something implied sexually' and not mere conversation...
When you advertise, you can't expect only people that you want to respond...

A tip ladies, if you are getting 'hit on' a lot, you may want to step back and take a look at yourself...

Of course, it doesn't matter where or how one is dressed with some guys. Even a ring doesn't matter to many, be it male or female. Some guys will hit on anything, anywhere, anytime...

If it isn't my favorite argument, it is the woman's fault for dressing/acting/being a "ho"

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 07:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
If it isn't my favorite argument, it is the woman's fault for dressing/acting/being a "ho"

Yep, one of my favorites as well.

She was dressed like a ho! She deserved to be assaulted!

Old 10-17-2012, 07:55 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Out of curiosity, do you folks (men and women) consider catcalls and crude comments as being hit on?

Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I'm not a woman, however I'll throw this out anyway...

Perception has a lot to do with it. (I am not insinuating anything about anyone here, just stating a few observations, and definitely not my personal actions or thoughts...)

For this, 'hitting on' will mean 'something implied sexually' and not mere conversation...

Much depends on the location and even more on the attire... If a woman dresses as a 'ho', should she not expect to be treated as such, and not only by whom she chooses...?
IOW, If she painted on a short skirt and is showing almost everything up top, would getting hit on not go with the territory...? Especially in a bar or club type setting... You could go as far as what a girl says, how she speaks... A girl dropping F bombs is giving off a certain vibe... Body language plays a part as well, as does who she is with and how they act... Many variables to consider...

I have seen a woman dressed as above, totally trash a guy that hit on her, tell her friend how bold (more choice words were used though...) the guy was, and literally seconds later, respond completely different to a better looking guy that basically said the same thing... How dare the uglier guy hit on her, but the player was ok... When you advertise, you can't expect only people that you want to respond...

A tip ladies, if you are getting 'hit on' a lot, you may want to step back and take a look at yourself...

Of course, it doesn't matter where or how one is dressed with some guys. Even a ring doesn't matter to many, be it male or female. Some guys will hit on anything, anywhere, anytime...

To sum it up, I would 'think' that a lady in a happy relationship would not want to be 'approached' (not limited to just being hit on) by men seeking a companion of any sort as they consider themself off the market, however it would also be reasonable for her to wear a ring letting others know that she is taken...

Keep in mind that many insecure people have a need to feel like they are wanted, admired, thought to be beautiful and such. It doesn't make them bad because they enjoy hearing someone tell them they are beautiful...as long as they don't go too far to instigate it... Ignoring unsolicited comments is usually the best response...
In a number of the cases mentioned, I don't picture the posters dressing provocatively. To me it sounds more situational.

And just because a woman may be dressed provocatively, it doesn't justify offensive behavior.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Out of curiosity, do you folks (men and women) consider catcalls and crude comments as being hit on?
Catcalls: no
A conversation: yes

There are plenty of men who tell something lewd and are surprised it isn't met with a pleasant response like "let's hook up right now."

Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM

170 posts, read 206,026 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep, one of my favorites as well.

She was dressed like a ho! She deserved to be assaulted!
Quote:
Quote:
In a number of the cases mentioned, I don't picture the posters dressing provocatively. To me it sounds more situational.

And just because a woman may be dressed provocatively, it doesn't justify offensive behavior.
Quote:
Catcalls: no
A conversation: yes

There are plenty of men who tell something lewd and are surprised it isn't met with a pleasant response like "let's hook up right now."

Quite defensive ladies...

That was a blanket statement saying truth, if one dresses like a ho, expect to be treated like one... I am not implying that I would or do, as I stated at the top of the thread... However, the truth is the truth, whether one excepts it or not, it doesn't change the facts...

Are you ladies saying that dressing/acting like a ho doesn't merit being treated as one?

Assault never came into my post... That is something totally different...

Treated like a ho means just that. Ladies have doors opened for them, chairs pulled out for them, no foul language, given respect and the like... If a woman wants to be treated like a lady, then she should act like a lady... You are dreaming if you believe different, just ask any gentleman... People don't always see you as you see yourself... How one dresses and conducts themselves is what people go by...

I didn't not imply that the original posters question involved a person dressing like a ho, nor anyone else in this thread...

Catcalls? For some things sterotype does work...lower IQ, lack of manners, lack of self respect, inferiority complex, small 'member', drunk, high...the list goes however the class of person remains... Insure women may like them, I doubt many others do though...

Situational...indeed...

Old 10-17-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Quite defensive ladies...

That was a blanket statement saying truth, if one dresses like a ho, expect to be treated like one... I am not implying that I would or do, as I stated at the top of the thread... However, the truth is the truth, whether one excepts it or not, it doesn't change the facts...

Are you ladies saying that dressing/acting like a ho doesn't merit being treated as one?

Assault never came into my post... That is something totally different...

Treated like a ho means just that. Ladies have doors opened for them, chairs pulled out for them, no foul language, given respect and the like... If a woman wants to be treated like a lady, then she should act like a lady... You are dreaming if you believe different, just ask any gentleman... People don't always see you as you see yourself... How one dresses and conducts themselves is what people go by...

I didn't not imply that the original posters question involved a person dressing like a ho, nor anyone else in this thread...

Catcalls? For some things sterotype does work...lower IQ, lack of manners, lack of self respect, inferiority complex, small 'member', drunk, high...the list goes however the class of person remains... Insure women may like them, I doubt many others do though...

Situational...indeed...

Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Ditto.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 PM

170 posts, read 206,026 times
Really think about it...

Old 10-17-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Really think about it...
Your logic fell out of favor a long time ago unfortunately. Acting/presenting yourself like a lady provides no guarantee you will be treated as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships