Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 02:03 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Well...

Ill never approach someone at work... So I guess that's one form of discrimination...
That's really smart. It's a recipe for trouble. I don't really want to hang around people I work with much more than beyond having lunch with them every now and then. And it's better to have your "lunch bunch" be of one's same gender or mixed gender, to avoid having someone who you don't care for on a romantic level get crazy ideas that having lunch amounts to interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 02:03 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,475,281 times
If I were to get divorced, which may happen unfortunately, I would not date someone again that didn't have a degree, because it's making my wife's job search very small and hard. I have a positive bias for teachers and anyone in the helping professions. Mom was a teacher, Dad a social worker, me a social worker for a while so if the worst happens I would prefer to focus on those types since I prefer easy going women and any of the above would have a degree.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
Your missing out some of the wildest women in bed are strippers and prostitutes.
True you know what they say about crazy women...........great in the sack just don't bring the home to meet Mom.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That's really smart. It's a recipe for trouble. I don't really want to hang around people I work with much more than beyond having lunch with them every now and then. And it's better to have your "lunch bunch" be of one's same gender or mixed gender, to avoid having someone who you don't care for on a romantic level get crazy ideas that having lunch amounts to interest.
Agreed everyone I know that has fished off the company pier eventually ends up with carp more like crap.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:12 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,953 times
I might avoid men in finance. Having worked in that area, I didn't like what I saw. I wouldn't date guys who own or work at strip clubs, either. The seediness would turn me off.

I might hesitate with someone in the military at this stage of my life. I don't think I have it in me for deployments anymore. Same goes for airline pilots, traveling salesmen, or any other profession that would require a constant round of separations and an unstable schedule.

Other than that, as long as it's an honest living, and he's not doing something smarmy, I can't imagine it really mattering all that much.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:15 PM

249 posts, read 306,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
True you know what they say about crazy women...........great in the sack just don't bring the home to meet Mom.
Exactly. Most women aren't the type you want to bring home but they suck in the sack. With strippers and pros? They rule. Just keep them away from your parents. You don't want them getting a divorce after fifty years cause the person you brought back home slept with your father.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:18 PM

977 posts, read 1,814,924 times
I wouldn't rule a girl out, but I dislike it if she's:

Wall St type: Investment banking, vulture capital, etc
HR
Corporate lawyer or lawyer representing corporations
Public relations

Basically anything that's against my political views

Prefer if she's in a helping or neutral profession like teaching, medicine, science, CPA.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 PM

249 posts, read 306,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
I wouldn't rule a girl out, but I dislike it if she's:

Wall St type: Investment banking, vulture capital, etc
HR
Corporate lawyer or lawyer representing corporations
Public relations

Basically anything that's against my political views

Prefer if she's in a helping or neutral profession like teaching, medicine, science, CPA.
You don't want to date a female scientist, trust me. Many of the scientist/engineers get God complexes, which makes them a big pain to deal with.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:27 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,673 times
I don't mind if someone doesn't want to date me because of my chosen field, but if he's condescending about it, THEN I have a problem.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:30 PM

977 posts, read 1,814,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
You don't want to date a female scientist, trust me. Many of the scientist/engineers get God complexes, which makes them a big pain to deal with.
They're very intelligent, on average. And they usually make a decent living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships