Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 10:54 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Cool. Look, these things take time
The classic advice of "keep waiting"

No worries, I'm on my way to being forever alone at 40 so I follow that advice to a tee

Quote:
And if all you're doing is selling cars, and aren't in mgmt, look for a better job.

I'm making great money right now. I don't know if I can take a corporate job of making just 50-60K

Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
The classic advice of "keep waiting"
Do you have a choice? You've eliminated all other options, pretty much, except for a couple you didn't respond to. Even if you were to follow everyone's suggestions, there still would be no guarantees. It could still take a couple of years. Time marches on. We have no choice but to march along with it. Our only choices are to either take max advantage of it, or waste it. It's up to you.
You've gotten pages of advice on 2 threads, and have shot everything down. And now you're blaming someone for "the classic advice of 'keep waiting' "?! You've given yourself no other choice.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Yea it's going to take me to be forever alone until the age of like 30 before I can find somebody I suppose

Maybe I should just focus on becoming a millionaire and going on one of those millionaire dating sites when I'm 35ish? I don't know how else I am ever going to get a girlfriend
Forever alone until you're 30.

You do realize young people meet everywhere, right?

I didn't have any relationships in my early 20s, but that's not because I didn't want to look or try to have one, it was something I couldn't put on my plate because I was juggling too many important things at the time. From 19-24 was a huge part of my life I couldn't date because of complications at home.

I'm just going to give you one idea of something you can do to open up communications with women.

I used to work at a clothes outlet. It was a complete nightmare, women of all ages destroyed racks of clothes to find discounted items or to waste time. Seriously, there aren't many women who don't care for fashion and shopping.

Find a quality outlet store (gap outlet for example) and spend a little time off on a weekday between the times 11-3 and go "shopping" for clothes. You know what a lot of women do on there hour lunch? Try on clothes. Seriously try it a few times, and it's really easy to start a conversation with a woman there.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Find a quality outlet store (gap outlet for example) and spend a little time off on a weekday between the times 11-3 and go "shopping" for clothes. You know what a lot of women do on there hour lunch? Try on clothes. Seriously try it a few times, and it's really easy to start a conversation with a woman there.

Way way too awkward for me. What am I supposed to say to a girl I don't even know at a mall?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I used to work at a clothes outlet. It was a complete nightmare, women of all ages destroyed racks of clothes to find discounted items or to waste time.
ROFL! OK, at least I got a laugh out of this mess. Original idea, too, Frogs. Problem is, he's too shy to approach women. But I guess putting himself in crowds of women would increase his chances that one of them might approach him.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Way way too awkward for me. What am I supposed to say to a girl I don't even know at a mall?
Yeah you're like talking to a brick wall.

You ask them questions about clothes...I thought that was apparent. Not questions about underwear or socks or something. Just shirts or hats or something. It's really not difficult at all. They're people just like you are, and just as shy. Muscle up some courage and talk to a few.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Do you have a choice? You've eliminated all other options, pretty much, except for a couple you didn't respond to. Even if you were to follow everyone's suggestions, there still would be no guarantees. It could still take a couple of years. Time marches on. We have no choice but to march along with it. Our only choices are to either take max advantage of it, or waste it. It's up to you.
You've gotten pages of advice on 2 threads, and have shot everything down. And now you're blaming someone for "the classic advice of 'keep waiting' "?! You've given yourself no other choice.

The reason I've eliminated all options is because all dating "options" are absolutely atrocious. Dating in general is just horrible, about as enjoyable as amputating a limb without anesthesia

BTW, I never meant any hostility towards you. You're very nice and I certainly appreciate your kindness. Please don't misinterpret anything I say in this thread or in this site

Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
You're in a clothing store. There are women crushing past each other, assaulting clothing racks. You see one you like. You go up to her with a couple of shirts to try on, just grab a couple, and ask her: which one do you think is best for me?

yeah, I know, you'll say you'd feel dumb doing that. How dumb are you going to feel going through the next 10 years alone, if you don't even try?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
ROFL! OK, at least I got a laugh out of this mess. Original idea, too, Frogs. Problem is, he's too shy to approach women. But I guess putting himself in crowds of women would increase his chances that one of them might approach him.
All it takes is one.

Best way to lose his shyness is to thrust himself into his own nightmare, only to realize that this isn't the worst situation to be in. Most smell nice and there smiles will compel you to smile also, which will gather courage fo even the shyest kids to say something.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
You're in a clothing store. There are women crushing past each other, assaulting clothing racks. You see one you like. You go up to her with a couple of shirts to try on, just grab a couple, and ask her: which one do you think is best for me?

Yikes, the awkwardness just reading that is excruciating. I can't imagine how awful it would be in real life

Quote:
yeah, I know, you'll say you'd feel dumb doing that. How dumb are you going to feel going through the next 10 years alone, if you don't even try?

No worries, I'll just masturbate a lot and suffer in silence otherwise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships