Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
As far as this thread goes, there are plenty of men out there who are single and very nice/loyal/loving partners. It's not really that hard, at all
Dude, you are one of those guys! But it IS hard for them if guys like you don't get out and try and talk to them. They have trouble because they are waiting, probably searching for someone like you but they have no idea you exist. For all you know there could be a girl out there who would give her right arm to meet a nice guy (REALLY a nice guy, not a guy who just acts nice to get laid.) You are making it hard for them. Get out there already!

Old 10-27-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
As far as this thread goes, there are plenty of men out there who are single and very nice/loyal/loving partners. It's not really that hard, at all
I've got a buddy who is just like you. He never talks to women. He has actually had a couple girlfriends in his life, but they approached him. They were GORGEOUS and they were in love with him. He's an average looking guy, but he has a lot of respect for women and he's not obsessed with sex. I think the guy has maybe been rejected once in his whole life. He's always saying how he's lonely and no girl is ever going to want him. On one hand, i feel sorry for him... on the other hand, i want to smack him upside the head. He could probably have a girlfriend in a relatively short time if he put any effort into it at all.

Anyway, you remind me almost exactly of this guy. Look at all JetJockey's posts. She would be thrilled to meet someone nice who isn't just all about sex and who wants to get to know her. Maybe you two should get together.

I dunno man, you are killing me. Have you ever even gotten rejected by a girl? I lost count of how many women i've been rejected by. Clearly i'm not the kind of guy that women want. But you? There are quite a few women out there who would give a limb to meet a guy like you.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:42 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
He's an average looking guy,

I hate to sound cocky but people compare me to Mario Lopez in real life, I don't think I'm average looking

Quote:
but he has a lot of respect for women and he's not obsessed with sex. I think the guy has maybe been rejected once in his whole life. He's always saying how he's lonely and no girl is ever going to want him. On one hand, i feel sorry for him... on the other hand, i want to smack him upside the head. He could probably have a girlfriend in a relatively short time if he put any effort into it at all.

Yea I take a lot of pride in having strong morals. What good is all the artificial bullsh*t if you're not going to be a genuinely great person and treat people the right way? My role model is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson...not just for his incredible success and charisma, but because he's genuinely a fantastic person

I've been rejected though. I actually got rejected by this Asian girl I approached at my gym just a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Look at all JetJockey's posts. She would be thrilled to meet someone nice who isn't just all about sex and who wants to get to know her. Maybe you two should get together.

She wouldn't want anything to do with a 23 year old guy.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Dude, you are one of those guys! But it IS hard for them if guys like you don't get out and try and talk to them. They have trouble because they are waiting, probably searching for someone like you but they have no idea you exist. For all you know there could be a girl out there who would give her right arm to meet a nice guy (REALLY a nice guy, not a guy who just acts nice to get laid.) You are making it hard for them. Get out there already!
Every once in a while, Ipfan makes sense! This is very right on!

Old 10-27-2012, 10:10 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
I've been rejected though. I actually got rejected by this Asian girl I approached at my gym just a few weeks ago.
So? That's part of life. Women get rejected all the time, but they continue to approach men. Jet Jockey's been rejected by every guy she's ever asked out, but she continues to be hopeful. Let the rejections roll off your back, and keep up your momentum. Keep moving, circulating.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:

Rejection definitely hurts.... sorry to hear.

The other option is, you are more than welcome to join the movement i am organizing. What we are going to do, is all of us undesirable men who have tried and tried to improve their looks, financial situation, lower their standards, etc... but still cannot get women, we are going to organize. Since women are rejecting us already, obviously they don't really care what WE do. It won't really change any behavior. Us undesirable men are pretty powerless by ourselves... so we need to somehow get the support of some desirable men to be on our side. Maybe these are men who are in relationships but aren't completely happy, for example. Obviously, money will play a role in our cause. I haven't figured out all the details, but that is sort of where i am going with this thing.

Last edited by lpfan921; 10-28-2012 at 08:18 AM..

Old 10-28-2012, 11:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
I think the issue is all women want a guy who is very charismatic who will be loyal to them and guys who are very charismatic have a ton of options and aren't always going to be great boyfriend material

A friend of mine is very charismatic around women and he has a ton of options...he's also an absolutely horrible boyfriend (cheated on all his GFs and has no morals). I'm much more shy/a little awkward at first around women I don't know but I would be 100% loyal to a potential girlfriend. I don't even care about being a player but I don't really even get that opportunity to go on a date because I'm not 100% smooth/charismatic with strange women...
It always appears women want charismatic men, but the only reason that these guys get a lot of attention is because they are memorable. Not because this is the preferred type. Most women do not really want a super charismatic man. They want someone they click with and who treats them well.

But if you are quiet in the corner, it is really hard for us to figure out if you might be one of those people.

You don't need to be smooth. Just genuine when engaging someone new.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
At this point, is it really going to make that much of a difference for me?

I had a beautiful hair stylist today cut my hair and the interaction went terribly cause I felt so uncomfortable. I don't know if I could get a girl now if I was somehow magically transformed into David Beckham. I need to change something about myself and I dunno how to do it
Based on your pic, I think you are cute! You just need to work on the interacting with "unknown women part."

I recommend chatting up everyone, making small talk everywhere you go. Then it will be a lot easier, and you won't get flustered around the women you are interested in.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Well then you realize a lot of the options you gave me are going to primarily feature women older than me right?

Also I have a degree in management from a good school so my college life is behind me now
Join your college's young alumni group. You might one of those cute girls that were in your class you were too afraid to talk to back then.

We have a club called the Commonwealth Club in the bay area, and I am sure you have a similar group in your area. It talks about current affairs. They have a "young" branch only open to under 35 year olds. In SF it is mostly people in their mid-20s. They have events like hikes, food truck fests, wine tastings, discussions on pop culture and social media. Every time I go I meet a few people roughly my age (I am at the old end of things) and we have an instant ice breaker.

You don't have to stick with bars and clubs to meet people.

Also does your area have the "sport and social club?" A few years ago it was basically a sort of intramural sports league for young people. I could never go since it wasn't in my city, but have friends and acquaintances that did and met lets of people playing softball, ultimate frisbee, volleyball etc.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're in a clothing store. There are women crushing past each other, assaulting clothing racks. You see one you like. You go up to her with a couple of shirts to try on, just grab a couple, and ask her: which one do you think is best for me?

yeah, I know, you'll say you'd feel dumb doing that. How dumb are you going to feel going through the next 10 years alone, if you don't even try?
Wow this is such a good idea! I would absolutely be sucked into helping a guy out who approached me this way. Even if he wasn't my type at all. And by the end of the interaction, he could have easily charmed me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships