Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:40 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
I'm pretty sure since the OP's topic had five replies in the same time frame that he edited his original post and hasn't replied to anyone who's left a comment; he's just trollin'.
I didn't think it was possible, but the OP edited the post and it sounds even worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 10:42 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
Not that I think we'll ever see him again, but curious to know what the OP thinks about lesbian relationships where there is no man to bring home the bacon.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perfect View Post
I can't understand why men are criticized for having something on the side. It's men who keep a roof over your head, bring home the bread every night and pay the bills, so that man has the right to see multiple women at the same time. Men need variety. We get bored of the same thing day in day out.

If it's the man who brings everything to the table, you really don't have any choice but to accept it because you live off his income and he supports you. You have to either like it or lump it.

Western society seems to have programmed people to believe that cheating is somehow wrong. It's not. It's natural for a man to have more than one sexual partner. Being with one woman for the rest of your life is against nature.
You are another reason why it is important that women should be able to support themselves independently (and love themselves, first!).

[it eliminates the weak foundation of your silly argument]

Old 10-17-2012, 02:24 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perfect View Post
I can't understand why men are criticized for having something on the side. It's men who keep a roof over your head, bring home the bread every night and pay the bills, so that man has the right to see multiple women at the same time. Men need variety. We get bored of the same thing day in day out.

If it's the man who brings everything to the table, you really don't have any choice but to accept it because you live off his income and he supports you. You have to either like it or lump it.

Western society seems to have programmed people to believe that cheating is somehow wrong. It's not. It's natural for a man to have more than one sexual partner. Being with one woman for the rest of your life is against nature.
I can't help but think this is a troll thread but I'll bite.

Most women in "western society" believe in monogamous relationships. That two people are intimate with each other and only each other. This means they believe that the man they are with is dedicated to her and only her. This also means that when they are in a relationship she is the only woman he will be having sex with. If you indicate to a woman that you want a monogamous relationship then you have to own up to that. To go behind her back and cheat on her means that you are lying to her and betraying her.

With all of that said their are some women who do not mind open relationships or are into swinging or strictly sexual non-committed relationships. If that's the type of thing you're into than you should go for these woman and leave the ones who believe in monogamy alone. In short, be up front and honest with your intentions.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:33 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
I'll bite.

It's not wrong as long as both parties consent to it. But if they consent, then it wouldn't be "cheating" and that would take all the fun out of it, wouldn't it?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:39 PM

393 posts, read 466,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I can't help but think this is a troll thread but I'll bite.

Most women in "western society" believe in monogamous relationships. That two people are intimate with each other and only each other. This means they believe that the man they are with is dedicated to her and only her. This also means that when they are in a relationship she is the only woman he will be having sex with. If you indicate to a woman that you want a monogamous relationship then you have to own up to that. To go behind her back and cheat on her means that you are lying to her and betraying her.

With all of that said their are some women who do not mind open relationships or are into swinging or strictly sexual non-committed relationships. If that's the type of thing you're into than you should go for these woman and leave the ones who believe in monogamy alone. In short, be up front and honest with your intentions.
The problem with this post is that you're being disingenuous in saying that "most" people (I mean both women and men) will reject you if you say upfront that you're not going to be monogamous--almost everyone in this society will. If you're up front, you'll basically be ruining your romantic life--as I said in another post, it's like an atheist in the U.S. being open about their atheism, doing so will mean they're unelectable. I don't think it's fair to ask someone to do that. I think that the number of people, both men and women, who don't want to be monogamous is far greater than the number who would accept a partner telling them in the beginning that they don't plan on being so. If I'm right, then simple math dictates that your scenario usually won't work.

I actually think you have it backward--far more women (and possibly more men) will be able to accept the infidelity of a partner they're already in a relationship with or married to than would be open to the idea beforehand.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:50 PM

393 posts, read 466,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'll bite.

It's not wrong as long as both parties consent to it. But if they consent, then it wouldn't be "cheating" and that would take all the fun out of it, wouldn't it?
Why, just because you're in relationship with someone, do you have veto power concerning whether they have one with someone else?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:53 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
Why, just because you're in relationship with someone, do you have veto power concerning whether they have one with someone else?
Yes...the veto power is called the door.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:56 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
The problem with this post is that you're being disingenuous in saying that "most" people (I mean both women and men) will reject you if you say upfront that you're not going to be monogamous--almost everyone in this society will. If you're up front, you'll basically be ruining your romantic life--as I said in another post, it's like an atheist in the U.S. being open about their atheism, doing so will mean they're unelectable.
So you thinks is acceptable to lie to other people to get what you want?

Quote:
I don't think it's fair to ask someone to do that. I think that the number of people, both men and women, who don't want to be monogamous is far greater than the number who would accept a partner telling them in the beginning that they don't plan on being so. If I'm right, then simple math dictates that your scenario usually won't work.
I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense. Really if all of these people don't want to be monogamous then wouldn't they be pleased to hear that the person they are with doesn't want to be monogamous as well?

Quote:
I actually think you have it backward--far more women (and possibly more men) will be able to accept the infidelity of a partner they're already in a relationship with or married to than would be open to the idea beforehand.
Of course there are women who will take their husbands/bf's back if they cheat but it depends.

If they cheat once or twice than there's a good chance of forgiveness.

But if the guy is cheating all of the time or he feels that he's free to cheat all he wants while he can have a devoted wife/GF at home than it's hard to believe that the relationship is going to last. It would be hard to believe that any self-respecting woman would put up with a guy that constantly cheats on her.

Hell,there are women who go ape sh*t crazy even if they think their man is cheating on him even if he isn't.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:58 PM

368 posts, read 577,596 times
If you plan to cheat on someone, what's the point of dating them. Wouldn't it make more sense to just have a one night stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships