Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 03:18 PM

393 posts, read 466,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
So you thinks is acceptable to lie to other people to get what you want?

I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense. Really if all of these people don't want to be monogamous then wouldn't they be pleased to hear that the person they are with doesn't want to be monogamous as well?

Of course there are women who will take their husbands/bf's back if they cheat but it depends.

If they cheat once or twice than there's a good chance of forgiveness.

But if the guy is cheating all of the time or he feels that he's free to cheat all he wants while he can have a devoted wife/GF at home than it's hard to believe that the relationship is going to last. It would be hard to believe that any self-respecting woman would put up with a guy that constantly cheats on her.

Hell,there are women who go ape sh*t crazy even if they think their man is cheating on him even if he isn't.
It depends on the situation, but in many situations I think yes, it is okay to lie to get what you want.

I think the problem with your reasoning about people not wanting to be monogamous is that a lot of people (not me, but many others) have one standard for themselves but another for someone else. Most men who don't want to be monogamous wouldn't be okay with their wives/girlfriends being the same way (and probably the reverse is true too). Hypocrisy is a big part of human nature.

Most male politicians, athletes, entertainers, etc. get married, but I think it's safe to say most are unfaithful as well. I doubt many of them told their wives they weren't going to be faithful beforehand. Some of the marriages break up because of their infidelity (like Tiger Woods), but many others do not, and even seem pretty good (like Hillary and Bill Clinton).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 03:19 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
Why, just because you're in relationship with someone, do you have veto power concerning whether they have one with someone else?
In my relationships, yes, I have a say or you can hit the curb. Why is is so hard for you to understand that you cannot force someone to live with that sort of thing and you really don't have to? It's abuse, plain and simple.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:32 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
LOL...I had something else in mind when 'slippery nipple' was mentioned...reminded me of an accidental 'nip slip' I had a few weeks ago!

I hate when that happens! During my nephew's Christening, while I was holding him and the priest was standing in front of us blessing the baby and reciting the baptismal rights, the baby grabs onto my blouse and tugs down but he grabbed my bra with it too. I was wearing a cowl neck blouse so they're sort of loose at the neckline and bust area. Well, color me red when the priest caught a glimpse of full on boob and nip! lol

Old 10-17-2012, 03:58 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
hahahahahahhahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, here we go again, and on a first post no less.
Is that you, Bill Clinton?

Old 10-17-2012, 04:03 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I hate when that happens! During my nephew's Christening, while I was holding him and the priest was standing in front of us blessing the baby and reciting the baptismal rights, the baby grabs onto my blouse and tugs down but he grabbed my bra with it too. I was wearing a cowl neck blouse so they're sort of loose at the neckline and bust area. Well, color me red when the priest caught a glimpse of full on boob and nip! lol
OMG!!! That had to be the worst possible time for something like that to happen!

Old 10-17-2012, 04:06 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
May I have the iced tea? The sweetness will balance out the saltiness of my popcorn quite nicely as I seem to be out of M&M's.

I'm fully self-supporting. I have my own house and everything. Does this mean next time I'm in a relationship it's okay for me to cheat because he's not providing for me, or does my bringing equally to the table negate his right to cheat, again because he's not providing for me financially? Either way, this is something new to add to the "what I learned thread."

ssssssshhhhh.........there is a stash of M&M's in the pantry, top shelf, left side, toward the back, help yourself.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:12 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perfect View Post
I can't understand why men are criticized for having something on the side. It's men who keep a roof over your head, bring home the bread every night and pay the bills, so that man has the right to see multiple women at the same time. Men need variety. We get bored of the same thing day in day out.

If it's the man who brings everything to the table, you really don't have any choice but to accept it because you live off his income and he supports you. You have to either like it or lump it.

Western society seems to have programmed people to believe that cheating is somehow wrong. It's not. It's natural for a man to have more than one sexual partner. Being with one woman for the rest of your life is against nature.
How about this case?
I'm paying for my classes (I'm currently studying tourism and hotel management, which at the same time involves international business and how to manage bills) and at the same time saving money to buy myself a house. I want to live on my own at some point in the near future while looking for Mr Right will come as a secondary complement.

So will he still have the rights to cheat on me in this case; even if it were my house and it's not just him bringing the money?

I don't need a rich man to maintain me. I don't want that either. I'm happy when it's me making something with my own effort, not taking credit for someone else's work.

Why assume that we want to be stay-at-home gf/wife? I hope you're a troll (srs).

Old 10-17-2012, 05:15 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perfect View Post
And still nobody has explained why cheating is supposedly "wrong".
It's called a monogamous relationship for a reason. Why don't you find a woman that is into FFM or likes sharing her man with other women (there are certain women like that who wouldn't mind)?

Cheat on me and you'll be dump like yesterday's newspaper. Plus, it would be like you never existed. I have no time to be dealing with bs from men like you. To be honest, I would also break up with a man for lesser issues and stereotypical behavior as well as double-standard beliefs, arrogance and unpunctuality are top deal-breakers for me.

Last edited by Laychick; 10-17-2012 at 05:25 PM..

Old 10-17-2012, 06:04 PM

110 posts, read 211,876 times
omg I just took a big dump

Old 10-17-2012, 06:20 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
It depends on the situation, but in many situations I think yes, it is okay to lie to get what you want.
Well that's all I needed to know about you. I wouldn't lie about something unless it was for my absolute survival. Lying about being monogamous isn't crucial for your survival. It just hurts the other person.
Quote:
I think the problem with your reasoning about people not wanting to be monogamous is that a lot of people (not me, but many others) have one standard for themselves but another for someone else. Most men who don't want to be monogamous wouldn't be okay with their wives/girlfriends being the same way (and probably the reverse is true too). Hypocrisy is a big part of human nature.
Do you believe any self-respecting woman would tolerate such hypocrisy? i know this type of thing is a part of middle east culture but this ain't the middle east.

Quote:
Most male politicians, athletes, entertainers, etc. get married, but I think it's safe to say most are unfaithful as well. I doubt many of them told their wives they weren't going to be faithful beforehand. Some of the marriages break up because of their infidelity (like Tiger Woods), but many others do not, and even seem pretty good (like Hillary and Bill Clinton).
Of course the rich and famous play by a different set of rules then us average joes. And it's a safe bet to assume that no one posting here is a politician or celebrity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships