Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:31 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
How about this case?
I'm paying for my classes (I'm currently studying tourism and hotel management, which at the same time involves international business and how to manage bills) and at the same time saving money to buy myself a house. I want to live on my own at some point in the near future while looking for Mr Right will come as a secondary complement.

So will he still have the rights to cheat on me in this case; even if it were my house and it's not just him bringing the money?

I don't need a rich man to maintain me. I don't want that either. I'm happy when it's me making something with my own effort, not taking credit for someone else's work.

Why assume that we want to be stay-at-home gf/wife? I hope you're a troll (srs).
Moreover, why does he think that one should have to settle for that when there are plenty of men who are HAPPY to bring home the bacon AND be faithful?

But I suspect he already knows this. Of course, I could be giving him too much credit. I can't understand how some people operate. If he truly believes what he is saying, he's got issues. If he's just a troll looking to ruffle feathers, he's got issues. He shouldn't leave the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 06:39 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,385,976 times
Quote:
It's men who keep a roof over your head, bring home the bread every night and pay the bills, so that man has the right to see multiple women at the same time.
Maybe in the Kentucky trailer park in which you dwell. In the actual world, most women work and many earn far more than their male counterparts.

And I will guarantee you this poster is a bitter, lonely, fat female who couldn't attract a man if she waddled into her local Walmart naked, wearing a sign that read, "Sex for free."

Old 10-17-2012, 07:03 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,918,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Moreover, why does he think that one should have to settle for that when there are plenty of men who are HAPPY to bring home the bacon AND be faithful?

But I suspect he already knows this. Of course, I could be giving him too much credit. I can't understand how some people operate. If he truly believes what he is saying, he's got issues. If he's just a troll looking to ruffle feathers, he's got issues. He shouldn't leave the house.
Why should any man bring home the bacon for any woman (other than his mom if she needs some bills paid)?? The less individuals on the payroll, the better.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:13 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Why should any man bring home the bacon for any woman (other than his mom if she needs some bills paid)?? The less individuals on the payroll, the better.
Don't put anyone on your payroll, if you don't want to. Free country and all. Fortunately.

I swear sometimes I feel like I need a shot of penicillin after some of these posts.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:27 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,479,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perfect View Post
I can't understand why men are criticized for having something on the side. It's men who keep a roof over your head, bring home the bread every night and pay the bills, so that man has the right to see multiple women at the same time. Men need variety. We get bored of the same thing day in day out.

If it's the man who brings everything to the table, you really don't have any choice but to accept it because you live off his income and he supports you. You have to either like it or lump it.

Western society seems to have programmed people to believe that cheating is somehow wrong. It's not. It's natural for a man to have more than one sexual partner. Being with one woman for the rest of your life is against nature.
The funny thing is, the men I know who are most adamant about their right to be non-monogamous are the most insanely jealous when they find out their female partners also have someone on the side. A lot of men who preach non-monogamy for themselves expect strict monogamy from the women in their lives.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The funny thing is, the men I know who are most adamant about their right to be non-monogamous are the most insanely jealous when they find out their female partners also have someone on the side. A lot of men who preach non-monogamy for themselves expect strict monogamy from the women in their lives.
I've noticed this too... I think it's similar to when one person accuses their partner of cheating because they feel guilty about cheating themselves.

They want the best of both worlds, a loving girlfriend/wife at home taking care of their lives and then being a 'single guy' getting strange on the side. At least, that's how my ex explained it. I wasn't hot enough to really 'get him going' but I was a great girlfriend, paying most of the bills, keeping the house spotless, grocery shopping and making him food every night etc. and he didn't want to lose that. So, he decided to sleep with hotter women on the side and honestly didn't see anything wrong with it.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:08 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,165,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Yup, the hypocrisy between them. Somehow they believe they're still entitle for that ''woman of high morals and values'' when yet they're a screwed-up individual.

The way it should be: a messed up man deserves a messed up woman. A loyal, good man deserves that woman of high morals and values.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,157,949 times
Is this a trick question ??

LMAO

Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,492 times
Default Why is cheating bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perfect View Post
I can't understand why men are criticized for having something on the side. It's men who keep a roof over your head, bring home the bread every night and pay the bills, so that man has the right to see multiple women at the same time. Men need variety. We get bored of the same thing day in day out.

If it's the man who brings everything to the table, you really don't have any choice but to accept it because you live off his income and he supports you. You have to either like it or lump it.

Western society seems to have programmed people to believe that cheating is somehow wrong. It's not. It's natural for a man to have more than one sexual partner. Being with one woman for the rest of your life is against nature.
And you call yourself Mr. Perfect? Kind of shows you how screwed up we all are, don't you think?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,918,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Yup, the hypocrisy between them. Somehow they believe they're still entitle for that ''woman of high morals and values'' when yet they're a screwed-up individual.

The way it should be: a messed up man deserves a messed up woman. A loyal, good man deserves that woman of high morals and values.
No man needs any woman for anything except for sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships