Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 02:43 PM

422 posts, read 447,261 times

Advertisements

Long story short, there's this guy at my new job who's been coming up to my area everyday for the past few days now to make conversation. He initially mentioned that he first saw me in the lobby and that I didn't speak to him (I saw him but didn't care to.) I am not attracted to him in the least, but I am polite and chit chat with him cordially about life in general. He brags alot about himself and I'm not the least bit impressed. I don't give any compliments, don't flirt, and don't give up too much about myself. He's a little older than I, and he's been trying to find out my age but I haven't told him. Yesterday he came up to talk again and in the middle of the convo, said to me "if I could have a quarter for as many women who throw themselves at me, I would have so many quarters...blah, blah, blah", lol. Needless to say that turned me way off. Anyhoo, I laughed it off with him and said nothing. Today, he came up again and mentioned that he wouldn't mind dating a woman who's no younger than her early to mid 30's because he has a daughter in that age range and basically wouldn't want to feel like a perv.

I have shared with him things I do with my family (outings out of the state...) and was giving him tips on how he could find a decent woman in his age bracket (he said there are none, lol), and telling him of actual social events he could attend to find potentials. Anyhoo, I noticed he's been coming up more and more frequently and today during conversation in sort of an annoyed tone, he just blurts out - "are you spoiled?" Huh? I didn't really know how to answer this because I've never been asked such a weird(?) question in my life and now I regret being nice and talking to him as I sense frustration and that he's going to be a pest. I don't like him and feel like he's trying to get me to show interest?

Ladies, have you ever been asked this question by a guy before?

Gents, why would a guy ask a woman this question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Either he is a PUA artist and trying to tease you by "negging" or thinks that you act like a princess. Hard to tell.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:49 PM

Thanks ascension.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
I guess since he has so many women throwing themselves at him, you were supposed to perk up and just fall at his feet. (I would have been turned off by that too). You didn't and threw off his game.

I've had guys tell me I'm spoiled, to which I just shrug, smile and tell them I deserve it.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
He's annoyed that you have not succumbed to his "charms" already.

It's a pain when you're trying to work and some guy who thinks he's God's gift keeps stopping by.

Don't give up any more personal info. Just keep being civil, and if he won't leave, maybe find a reason to get up and "go make copies."

Old 10-18-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I guess since he has so many women throwing themselves at him, you were supposed to perk up and just fall at his feet. (I would have been turned off by that too). You didn't and threw off his game.

I've had guys tell me I'm spoiled, to which I just shrug, smile and tell them I deserve it.

Thanks NWGirl,

Yes, I picked up on that. That he wants me to do the same as the others. like, umm..no. He's not even my type for Christmas' sake. I'm going to have to find a way to get rid of his pesky ass. Time for me to start mentioning "my man".

And good comeback 'cause you do deserve it! Think I'm gonna use that one!

Old 10-18-2012, 02:58 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Who cares? The guy's a jerk. Normal people don't ask that. Tell him it's none of his business. Maybe he thinks you've been giving him mixed signals, since you've been polite. Time to quash that, sounds like. Time to be "busy" when he comes in.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

It's a pain when you're trying to work and some guy who thinks he's God's gift keeps stopping by.

Don't give up any more personal info. Just keep being civil, and if he won't leave, maybe find a reason to get up and "go make copies."

Thank you, Wmsn.

lol @ "God's gift", and boy does he think so! I see straight through him. He's not worth a damn, and I'm buiding my strategy now to get rid of him for good. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 10-18-2012, 03:02 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Great advice.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who cares? The guy's a jerk. Normal people don't ask that. Tell him it's none of his business. Maybe he thinks you've been giving him mixed signals, since you've been polite. Time to quash that, sounds like. Time to be "busy" when he comes in.

You girls are so helpful! I'm truly learning the signs now. He's used to treating women like crap. It's so evident from the stories he tells me. Gonna get rid of him by "finding something to do" everytime he comes around now.

Thanks for your input, Ruth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships