Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:47 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times

Advertisements

A few of my friends have had really bad experiences with POF. I don't know how that website works.

If he's posting about another date with another woman on FB, he obviously doesn't value what you had.

In that case, don't doubt yourself.

Glad you found out now than later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 11:44 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1967 View Post
So, I met this guy about a year ago on pof.com. We went out a couple of times, it went nowhere. For some reason I friended him on Facebook a few months ago. About a week ago he asks me out on a lunch date, which was yesterday. Today he posts about a date he has with another woman on Monday. I know he knows how to limit the audience for his posts, so he did this on purpose.

I decided that this was his not so classy way of letting me know he isn't interested and defriended him.

I have friends who think I'm being too sensitive. Just curious what the CD folks think of this situation.

Oh, not that it matters, but we are both in our 40's.
I think you're being too sensitive. Not everyone over thinks everything and is trying to "send a message" with everything they say and do so stop trying to read something into everything.

Men are expected to compete with other men for the girl, but women don't like competing do they?

Old 10-19-2012, 02:25 PM

545 posts, read 908,678 times
Lesson learned for you I hope...don't friend anyone you casually date or have been 'casual' with. Imagine having all your casual dates on FB... oy, can make some look like a ho!

Old 10-19-2012, 02:32 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,237 times
I got over 5,000 friends.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
OP, defriending/blocking him sounds reasonable. If he didn't do it on purpose, he's not too bright. Either way, not a big loss.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:13 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
I think it's weird to post on FB when you have dates. I don't FB friend anyone I meet on a dating website. If I knew a guy for a few months and we were exclusively dating and I felt like he was going to be around for awhile then maybe. And then we would have to be pretty serious for me to change my relationship status. Most guys I meet online don't turn out to be lasting relationships. I find it awkward to constantly be defriending people and changing my status.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:27 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,397,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post

Men are expected to compete with other men for the girl, but women don't like competing do they?
I don't mind that he is dating other people, just that it seemed at the very least very insensitive to post that in such a way that I could see it. I do know he knows how to exclude people from seeing specific posts and it isn't all that time consuming/complicated, so he could have easily done this if he didn't want me to see the post. It was done on purpose.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:33 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Too much is being made out of nothing in is trivial in the entire scope of the big picture of life. You said you dated about a year ago a few times and it did not go anywhere. So he calls and asks you to lunch then he posts something on Facebook about another woman. You don't have much time or effort invested but it appears you have emotions invested in someone who obviously was not that interested in you or you in him a year ago. Why dwell on this issue? Take him off the friends list or not, your choice but I see no reason to waste any more time fussing over something you yourself went nowhere.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:39 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1967 View Post
I don't mind that he is dating other people, just that it seemed at the very least very insensitive to post that in such a way that I could see it. I do know he knows how to exclude people from seeing specific posts and it isn't all that time consuming/complicated, so he could have easily done this if he didn't want me to see the post. It was done on purpose.
Nope. I'm in IT and know how to do it too but I never bother. I'm not hiding anything and I'm not sending hidden messages to anyone when I post what I'm doing. I am who I am and i do what i do and I generally put it out there. Some may like it some may not. But my experience is girls seem more attracted to guys who look like they have a life and not sitting around waiting for something to happen. It's a bit narcissistic to think a casual fb post about someone else is really meant for you. Just curious, what exactly did it say?

Old 10-19-2012, 03:57 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,397,692 times
This is the post:

Of course, I won't start dating a woman I'm meeting next Monday, because we would mix like oil and water. But if, by some chance, we were to start dating, I'd never have to drive again because she refuses to ride in a car with an Obama bumper sticker. The scary part is that we're taking our guns to Deerfield to shoot at the shooting range, so we'll both be armed.

After people comment he goes on to say how there is something about this woman which he finds enticing - even though they have diametrically opposed political views and he says politics are very important to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships