Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:42 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,399,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgrl5040 View Post
Hey Guys (and Gals)...

What are signs that he really wants to marry you?!

My man has been asking me what my credit score is and that he's planning on buying a house pretty soon. He's been acting pretty strange lately (different than the past); tells me that we need to be spending more time together. Some of my friends even say that he may be considering something more serious than what we have right now, but he won't actually say that he wants to get that serious when I ask, so I leave it alone; all I get are questions about what my future plans are? What do you think.....?
He sounds serious.

When a guy's serious, you will know. He shows through his actions. He'll ask you relevant questions about yourself.

He'll bring his game onto a level where you don't question. You'll probably meet his mother, family and friends soon. He even mentions marriage. You'll know. But, it doesn't mean he's the one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 01:50 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,258,819 times
Get a ring. Get down on YOUR knee, and ask HIM. Then, you'll know!

Old 10-19-2012, 04:03 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,606,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Get a ring. Get down on YOUR knee, and ask HIM. Then, you'll know!

I like!!! Takes a lot of humility to do this, but if you want something bad enough you do whatever it takes to get it.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:28 PM

28 posts, read 74,697 times
Quote:

He gets on one knee and proposes.

He constantly tells you he can't wait to marry you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 10-19-2012, 04:29 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,201,474 times
Quote:
Hey Guys (and Gals)...

My man has been asking me what my credit score is and that he's planning on buying a house pretty soon. He's been acting pretty strange lately (different than the past); tells me that we need to be spending more time together. Some of my friends even say that he may be considering something more serious than what we have right now, but he won't actually say that he wants to get that serious when I ask, so I leave it alone; all I get are questions about what my future plans are? What do you think.....?

Sometimes guys, not all, but some, have a hard time asking what they really want to know. If he's asking about your future, he wants to know if he's in it.

I was dating my husband over a year and he brought up marriage and asked if I saw myself married and having a family. I told him yes and from time to time the subject of marriage would come up (initiated by him) but we never said, "If I were married to you"...it was just general. He always brought it up because I didn't want him to feel pressured or anything and I wasn't in a rush to get married. He was the one that brought up "when WE get married".

If he wants to marry you, you will know. Guys that want marriage don't sit around for years and years stringing women along. The ones I've seen who did that ended up losing very good women.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:55 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,209,242 times
I think it should be a year of dating before anyone proposes, at least for the people that are prone to break up often.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:53 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,232,293 times
Quote:
Hey Guys (and Gals)...

well nycgrl5040, I can tell you what's not a sign, and that would be checking your credit score. I find that down rite strange, unless like others have said he's looking for some financial aid for something..house?..no matter how much he may "hint" at marriage, since you've already turned him down , he probably won't ask again,he's probably hoping/waiting for YOU to bring it up. Do you want to marry this guy?..he'd probably say yes if you asked.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:08 PM

48,432 posts, read 34,609,506 times
Quote:
Hey Guys (and Gals)...

Well, I wouldn't think a guy that says the above is looking at marriage.... but you say the subject came up and you nixed it. So, y'all confuse me....

Old 10-20-2012, 05:19 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,868,874 times
I don't know...when my husband took me out one night we were sitting at the ground round across from one another and he asked me"where do you see this relationship going?" I looked at him, and waited a second...he then said "cause I am falling in love with you" We were engaged soon after. If I could have jumped him in that second I would have! Ain't love grand!!!!

Old 10-20-2012, 06:17 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,167,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Men don't ask. They do.
Stop living with that 1950's sexist mentality. In this day and age women can do anything men can do, if she wants to marry him, she can ask him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships