Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes - but when people talk about the women in NYC - they are talking about the women in Manhattan.

Lulz. For the most part, America is overweight now.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

Lulz. For the most part, America is overweight now.
I'm not sure why that is funny - I mean, when people talk about the women in NYC - they aren't talking about the women way out in the far corners of Queens or Brooklyn.

As for America being overweight - I didn't realize how bad it was until my husband and I went on a day trip out to Pennsylvania. We went to what we thought was a farmer's market but it turned out to be more of a flea market - and I have never seen so many obese people all in one place. I was shocked! I grew up outside of Los Angeles and have lived in NYC for most of my adult life. I also work in show business. Most of the people I come into contact with are pretty fit. And on the streets - yes, I see some obese people - but they are definitely not the majority. I guess Los Angeles and New York are not representative of the whole country when it comes to fitness.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:08 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
I'm not sure why that is funny - I mean, when people talk about the women in NYC - they aren't talking about the women way out in the far corners of Queens or Brooklyn.

As for America being overweight - I didn't realize how bad it was until my husband and I went on a day trip out to Pennsylvania. We went to what we thought was a farmer's market but it turned out to be more of a flea market - and I have never seen so many obese people all in one place. I was shocked! I grew up outside of Los Angeles and have lived in NYC for most of my adult life. I also work in show business. Most of the people I come into contact with are pretty fit. And on the streets - yes, I see some obese people - but they are definitely not the majority. I guess Los Angeles and New York are not representative of the whole country when it comes to fitness.
I'm not sure why you thought 2 cities was indicative of 50 states. lol

Old 10-20-2012, 11:08 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
It's funny because nyc isn't small. It's a geography thing.

But yes, obesity is rampant, which is why I am struggling to meet eligible women. I refuse to go to bars because people there drink too much.And if you do that, you will get fat. My college is a party college, every senior in sight is overweight from all the drinking.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I agree, a very narrow minded judgement on her part if you ask me.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Well, I've been to all 50 states - and I don't remember obesity being rampant anywhere. I do think that people seem bigger in certain areas - but I didn't think it was that big of an epidemic.

Now that I'm thinking about it - I think a lot of it has to do with where I have been in the places that I've been to. What I mean is - when we were in PA, we were at a flea market which is not a usual place to go for us. When I've been in different cities, I've spent most of my time in the downtown areas in the nice restaurants and bars (if there were nice restaurants and bars - sometimes there weren't).

Old 10-20-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I agree, a very narrow minded judgement on her part if you ask me.
How is it narrow minded of me to think that NYC has lots of thin women?

Oh good grief - if you guys are determined to find fault with me no matter what I see - feel free. All I'm saying is that you can't say that there are no thin women in NYC. That's ridiculous.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
How is it narrow minded of me to think that NYC has lots of thin women?

Oh good grief - if you guys are determined to find fault with me no matter what I see - feel free. All I'm saying is that you can't say that there are no thin women in NYC. That's ridiculous.
I see fat ones and thin ones right now as I walk the streets of Manhattan. Im not blind.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I see fat ones and thin ones right now as I walk the streets of Manhattan. Im not blind.
My point was that this guy said that thin women were hard to find in NYC - and they aren't. Explain to me how I am narrow minded for thinking this? I lived in NYC. There are plenty of thin women in NYC. I'm not saying every single woman is thin. I'm just saying that there are lots of thin women there.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
My point was that this guy said that thin women were hard to find in NYC - and they aren't. Explain to me how I am narrow minded for thinking this? I lived in NYC. There are plenty of thin women in NYC. I'm not saying every single woman is thin. I'm just saying that there are lots of thin women there.
I dont wanto to get too off topic, NYC is not an example for the rest of America. There are thin women in NYC but one must venture out to find them in the borough of Manhattan, of course they are thin women in The Bronx and Brooklyn but many women there have poor diets or had 3 kids by twenty five and are already out of shape, or you can venture to hipster parts of town and find a plump white girl from Ohio. Fat women have it easier than ahort guys, all they have to do is wear some super tight clothing and drown their faces in makeup and bam, shes hot only for a couple until her mask wears out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships